Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New vendor for mixed nuts (domestic AA - 2/2016), now able to buy online [7/2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New vendor for mixed nuts (domestic AA - 2/2016), now able to buy online [7/2020]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Just an update:

In addition to the website description "
Elite Status Hawaii Mix contains Almonds, Cashews and lots of jumbo Macadamia Nuts." I had been enticed by the product photo, which features 7 macadamia nuts, per my count, in the small ramekin. In my case, I got one macadamia nut in a similarly-sized ramekin for the first 10 servings, and now I have already run out of any macadamia nuts from my first batch in the first bag.

I am disappointed with the scarcity of macadamia nuts. If I had known, I would have ordered the regular mix (cashews and almonds only) at the lower price. I emailed the company to enquire about the approximate nut ratios and was given a unempathetic non-answer.

So my advice is, forget about the Hawaii mix.
Just to clarify - that's the United Hawaii Mix. The American Airlines Hawaii Mix remains delicious, IMO.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
A company that actually listened to feedback! Now if they would just offer a Pińa Colada Pecans / Candied Pinapple mix...

You asked for it. Here it is!

Thanks to your tremendous support, we’ve sold all 78,000 bags of airline mixes! We’ve now been using our excess ingredients to roast and package fresh mixes, and we’ll continue to sell at near cost until we use all the ingredients that we have under contract. And it’s all thanks to you!

Many of you have fallen in love with Aloha Mix and said, “I need more of those Pińa Colada Pecans.” We took note, and now we are selling them in one-pound bags!

They’re on the One Pound Bag Pages: https://www.greatnuts.com/nuts-and-mixes-by-the-pound/ (See page 2)

They sell for $12.99, just like our other frosted pecans. But from now until year-end, we’re introducing it to you at 10% discount: $11.69.

Enjoy!

Thank you for your orders and thank you for your support!

Kim Peacock

GNS Foods
We start with the best and make it even better!
2109 E Division Street
Arlington, Texas 76011
817-795-4671
Fax: 817-795-4673
[email protected]
Old Nov 13, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
A question on freezing of nuts. Just got another 4 pack of nuts and the note of freezing vs refrigerating nuts.

So if frozen, how do you serve them after?
I mean, do you thaw them out?
Do they have to be served immediately after?
Will they go bad more quickly after thawing?
DC9 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:13 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by the phoenix

.... So if frozen, how do you serve them after?
I mean, do you thaw them out?
Do they have to be served immediately after?
Will they go bad more quickly after thawing?
My 6-pack lasted about three weeks until they were all eaten. 😀

Freezing will extend the shelf life. I guess that you could eat them frozen, if frozen nuts are to your taste, but seems rather unusual. 🤣.

Enjoy.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
AA must not be out yet, as the mix is still being served in the Admirals Club in CLT. It sounds like AA is doing away with nuts permanently, or is that just the nut company saying that and not AA?
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I just finished my first order from a few months ago, which were labeled with a Dec 2020 expiration. I actually called Great Nuts this week and was told the packages they’re shipping out now are freshly roasted and will have an expiration of Nov 2021. Interestingly, they also said AA required them to print an expiration date that was 3 months earlier than when they actually expired.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Greatnuts is competing for a small business grant and had some information that I found interesting.

Thirty years ago I founded GNS Foods and began roasting nuts, making trail mixes, frosted flavored nuts and nut candy. 99% of our sales were wholesale, of which 75% were first class nut mixes to two major U.S. airlines. Our seasonal retail store and website were mere afterthoughts. In March 2020 we were gut-punched when the airlines told us that due to COVID, they were removing our nuts from all flights. 75% of our business gone in a flash! Although we had contracts, their “out” clauses left us without recourse. Calls and emails to the airlines went unanswered. What now? I had to move product before it went out of date. I sent out a news release that I would be selling airline First Class Mixes at near cost on our website and in our retail store...
https://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/entry/ABrkw1RT94
roadtriper, _kurt and cmd320 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.