FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide to Lounge Changes: Flagship Lounge, Admirals Club, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747092-guide-lounge-changes-flagship-lounge-admirals-club-etc.html)

rjw242 Sep 23, 2017 8:46 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ub-lounge.html

aj411 Jan 17, 2018 8:36 am

Any news on when DFW Flagship may open?

zpaul Jan 17, 2018 8:53 am

Originally Posted by aj411 (Post 29303695)
Any news on when DFW Flagship may open?

No time soon, I think I just saw a communication that said late 2018, or early 2019.

aj411 Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

so I suppose a connection in ORD for an international flight would be a slightly better idea. LOL!

DoTheBartMan Jan 23, 2018 8:15 am

Any update on the PHL FL opening date?

(I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. Apologies if it has been posted earlier and I missed it)

Global321 Jan 23, 2018 8:42 am

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan (Post 29328660)

(I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. Apologies if it has been posted earlier and I missed it)

I think the wiki has the latest information, which is to say nothing new to report. I the Dallas FL summary fits Philidelphia FL... "some day". :)

Clark Casual Jan 23, 2018 9:46 am

I was in the A West AC December 30 and asked the AAngels if they knew anything and was told "In the future."
In other words, they don't know.

akarneboge Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Clark Casual (Post 29329047)
I was in the A West AC December 30 and asked the AAngels if they knew anything and was told "In the future."
In other words, they don't know.

Though it doesn't affect me as I don't do much intl and not out of PHL, it is disappointing. As AA transfers more of their INTL feed and attempts to grow Europe from PHL, you'd think that an updated AC and FL would be a priority. I suppose that since it is a fortress hub, they're concentrating on other airports first.

JDiver Jan 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Posts relating to lounge access have been relocated to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2018-a.html

LupineChemist Feb 7, 2018 7:49 am

I'm curious as well. I was there a couple weeks ago and just got a vague "we're working on it" when I asked. As I'm based in Madrid, it's a good gateway into the US, but an improved lounge would be very nice.

Though I also have the same question for DFW.

phillyjoe Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am

? Opening date of PHL flagship lounge?

What is the latest rumor on this?

JDiver Mar 7, 2018 1:30 pm

DFW: “A” Open, “D” closes, ~6 April 2018

Verified everything is staged for A Club reopening (no fitness room, but six showers; some uncertainty if the showers will still be the enormous rain showers that were part of the Flagship Lounge or not).

The D lounge will close for extensive refurbishment o/a6 April 2018. The Admirals Club will be smaller, but there will be an extended Flagship Lounge (also to be used by British and Qatar eligible passengers) and full Flagship First Dining.

(The interim “D” Flagship Dining today was predictably crappy, other than a passable lobster bisque and decent whole meal peasant style bread.)

LupineChemist Mar 7, 2018 2:34 pm

That seems good for me for now, since AA37 tends to leave from A. Just curious if that will likely stay the same or if it will move to D for the summer schedule when it switches over to 777 service?

aaliz Mar 8, 2018 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 29497185)
Verified everything is staged for A Club reopening (no fitness room, but six showers; some uncertainty if the showers will still be the enormous rain showers that were part of the Flagship Lounge or not).

The D lounge will close for extensive refurbishment o/a6 April 2018. The Admirals Club will be smaller, but there will be an extended Flagship Lounge (also to be used by British and Qatar eligible passengers) and full Flagship First Dining.

(The interim “D” Flagship Dining today was predictably crappy, other than a passable lobster bisque and decent whole meal peasant style bread.)

So no interim Flagship Dining or anything while D is closed?

jsieds Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm

BOS B4 (LUS) Admirals Lounge closing around end of March for renovations. This is in conjunction with construction of new gates which will consolidate AA gates.