Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best time to book domestic first class PHL to LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have a question about when to book an AA flight. I will be flying out of PHL to LAX round trip departing may 11 and returning the 17th. I have around 30k Amex points and 55k Citi TY points I was hoping to help subsidize my flight cost with. I would prefer to fly first class, but am unsure if the ticket price is worth it (around $400 more than economy). Most of the flights I have looked at show to be an Airbus A321. If the first class is worth it, is there a best time to book a ticket? Is there a way to purchase a ticket with increased odds of an upgrade at boarding? Thanks for the help
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
In my humble opinion, these are US Air airbus, and no, they are not worth it. There is no in flight entertainment. Seats are bigger, but that is about it. You will get a meal service depending on the schedule.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. Realistically I can fly for free using the points, but if the first class was really nice I was considering booking it. Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, American is the only airline flying Phl to LAX direct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.