Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE AA SDFC CHANGED POLICY: As of 01/15/16 the SDFC option will be limited to alternate flights only if they follow the same origin, destination, and also SAME CONNECTION POINT. Other rules seem to be unchanged as far as available 24-hours before, no charge to EXP, no co-terminals allowed, and slight overlap to calendar date limitation for late night may be possible.
This is the archive of posts prior to 15 January 2016 changes. For the current thread, please see:

"Domestic" Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Does CFC involve re-issuing the ticket and hence a new ticket number, or is it simply a change in the reservation?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I'm on an ORD-LAX-NRT itinerary but AA rescheduled the ORD-LAX sector making the connection even tighter now (<90 mins). They can't change my itinerary since I bought it from JL (and JL is charging me $100+ to change it, 'their rules' they say). I want to switch to the earlier ORD-LAX flight which gives me 3 hours connecting time and I can recheck my bag so it won't misconnect at LAX too. Do you think I could do SDC for my ORD-LAX sector? I know technically it's not allowed but if I get to ORD really early that day do I have a chance to make it work?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Does CFC involve re-issuing the ticket and hence a new ticket number, or is it simply a change in the reservation?
CFC technically won't allow reissue of a ticket.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aktchi
Originally Posted by Frindle
CFC technically won't allow reissue of a ticket.
I did my first free EXP SDFC last week with a phone agent, moving the first segment of a two-segment itinerary up to an earlier departure to pad my connection time. She still had to do the manual $75 fee waiver, FYI.

The ticket did have to be fully reissued, which was frustrating because I made the change about 3.5 hrs before the flight and didn't have access to a mobile boarding pass while it was in "ticket pending" status. I also had to check in online again after it was reissued. Comp upgrade still cleared prior to getting to the airport, though. ^
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Did this all online this week.

Had to re-select the UG, which made me worry, but it seems I was #1/2 on the list as I cleared before the 4 hour mark, so I can only assume it kept my original request time. Just seemed odd it didn't carry it over.

Seats were under airport control so I did have to call the EXP desk to get a better coach seat before the UG went through.

I assume because of the airport control it never let me select a seat and just automatically gave me a seat.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Any chance I can move back the domestic leg of an international saaver award for free as an EXP? The only flights with award space have a 6 hour connection, but there are later flights that might have E open. In the past I've been able to move domestic legs of international itineraries up by standing by at the airport.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Any chance I can move back the domestic leg of an international saaver award for free as an EXP? The only flights with award space have a 6 hour connection, but there are later flights that might have E open. In the past I've been able to move domestic legs of international itineraries up by standing by at the airport.
Yes.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
if you are booked on an AA ticket, can you change on to a US flight?

and if you are flying into NYC, can you change between JFK and LGA?

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by peezondeez
if you are booked on an AA ticket, can you change on to a US flight?
No, it isn't allowed currently, but it should become possible before the end of 2015 as AA and US merge their elite programs.

Thanks
I've never tried to do a same day flight change to a "coterminal" on AA, but there have been some reports here that it's possible if you get the right phone agent, so be prepared to HUACA.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by metallo
No, it isn't allowed currently, but it should become possible before the end of 2015 as AA and US merge their elite programs.
It's not an elite program thing, it's an operating carrier thing. It's not going to happen until AA is one carrier with US.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
It's not an elite program thing, it's an operating carrier thing. It's not going to happen until AA is one carrier with US.
The "elite benefit" part of it certainly is an elite program thing, and we've been told that these changes will happen as part of the 2015 merger of the elite programs. The ability to use SWUs on both AA and US flights is another similar enhancement still in the works.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
if you are booked on an AA ticket, can you change on to a US flight?...and if you are flying into NYC, can you change between JFK and LGA?
Re AA/US not yet; re JFK/LGA possibly. However, there is also no harm in calling to request.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

Thanks
I've changed from [departing] EWR to LGA, no problems.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Great to know that they've been willing to do it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:47 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Great to know that they've been willing to do it.

Thanks!
They're willing/able to do it if it's allowed within your fare rules. (Some fare rules are very specific about allowable co-terminals.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.