Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reservations and related problems aa.com 16 Feb 2016 - to merge

Reservations and related problems aa.com 16 Feb 2016 - to merge

Old Feb 16, 16, 10:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We will let this float today, but soon it will be merged into the appropriate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

If we started a new thread for every glitch or reported problem with aa.com, those would soon overwhelm the other threads in this forum.

/Moderator
Old Feb 16, 16, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Finally got a good agent on my fourth try. She said there was some status code or something or other different on the HKG-SIN flight. She fixed it and now I can look up things online. She even got me seats on the Cathay Pacific flights!

Moral of the story: if the computer tells you something's up, believe it.
Old Feb 16, 16, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
We will let this float today, but soon it will be merged into the appropriate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

If we started a new thread for every glitch or reported problem with aa.com, those would soon overwhelm the other threads in this forum.

/Moderator
Completely understand, and thanks for your patience. Although I think this is less a glitch and more of a designed feature of the system when it detects something wrong, it tells you to contact the agents. Unfortunately, it seems that not all agents are diligent about checking things
Old Feb 17, 16, 6:52 pm

Same issue -- three different PNRs on AA award tickets in QR.
Schedule change in QR, now all three have the same problem of not showing in the AA website.
But I am now out of the country, and cannot call in -- hoping the problem fixes by the time I return, else have to do the same as srirams and hope that it takes less than 4 calls to fix it!

Srirams, can you explain a bit more about exactly what was done, so I can explain that to the agent? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

I don't know exactly. I just asked her to confirm the details of my itinerary and she immediately noticed that something was different in the ticketing of one of my segments and put me on hold while she fixed it.

For the first three, I explained that I couldn't access my itinerary on the web and they said that they could see it just fine and somehow implied that it was operator error on my part.

I did notice that the AA android app pulled up three of my four segments and did not show the problem one, so that could be a clue and you could ask the agent to double check whether that particular segment was ticketed correctly. It's a roll of the dice whether you get a lazy agent or a competent one.
Old Feb 17, 16, 11:23 pm

The interesting part is that QR continues to show everything correctly -- both before and after the schedule change. It is only the AA website which says contact reservations. (First two segments are on QR, and third segment is on Jet Airways).

In any case, my travel is a couple of months later and I am back in the USA next week; once before, I know that on another award ticket, EY had a schedule change and a few weeks later AA on their own re-ticketed following a schedule change (but I did not check in the interim to see if the same message was showing then).

Dave Noble noted earlier in the thread that this happens when there is a schedule change -- any others with similar experiences?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: