Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: Lounge Access, Access Rules. Will I Have Lounge Access? (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This thread is archived.
Please see the 2016 thread here
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: Lounge Access, Access Rules. Will I Have Lounge Access? (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:51 pm

you have your choice of The Wing, The Pier, The Bridge, or The Cabin
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mapotofu
If I'm flying AA J out of HKG, is the contracted Plaza Premium lounge my only option?

No status with OW
oneworld lounge access rules are found here: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Since you're flying in Business on a oneworld carrier, you'll have access to the business class lounges. (You can search for HKG in the link I posted above.)

We'll also merge this with our Lounge Access help desk thread. Thanks. /Moderator
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by lazard
you have your choice of The Wing, The Pier, The Bridge, or The Cabin
Originally Posted by mapotofu
If I'm flying AA J out of HKG, is the contracted Plaza Premium lounge my only option?

No status with OW
Qantas lounge isn't shabby, either.

I think you'll find HKG may be the riches lounge environment in this instance. Your challenge may be having sufficient time to check several of them out.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Qantas lounge isn't shabby, either.

I think you'll find HKG may be the riches lounge environment in this instance. Your challenge may be having sufficient time to check several of them out.
I suggest the OP start off with a glass of champagne and light noodle soup at the Wing, then move over to Qantas for char siu at the bar or plated meals at the communal table, and then wrap up with desserts at the bakery in the Bridge. And then head back to the Wing for an espresso, and then do it all over again.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:46 pm

I am traveling on an AA TATL FC award. Do I get a guest in the FL?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I am traveling on an AA TATL FC award. Do I get a guest in the FL?
Yes, one guest, iirc.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 16, 2015 at 2:05 pm
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:01 pm

With respect to mapotofu's question, #138 departs 13:40. The Qantas Lounge opens at 15:00(roped off at escalator with signage). As mentioned, the 4 CX lounges are there for your pleasure.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:43 am

Lounge access at JFK T8?

Flying on an AA award ticket, first leg BA 1st class LHR to JFK. We have around 5 hours at JFK before flying American Airlines 1st class to Miami. Will we have lounge access in T8 at JFK ?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
Yes, lounge access is determined by the class of travel of the international leg. You should have access to both Admirals Clubs and the Flagship Lounge (due to your inbound being in First).
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
Definitely keep your BA boarding pass
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:35 pm

Great, thank you.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 pm

I'm flying AKL-NAN-LAX-AUS, with AKL-NAN-LAX on Fiji business and LAX-AUS on AA first. Since Fiji is a non-One World partner and LAX-AUS isn't transcon, am I right in thinking I won't have any access at LAX?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I'm flying AKL-NAN-LAX-AUS, with AKL-NAN-LAX on Fiji business and LAX-AUS on AA first. Since Fiji is a non-One World partner and LAX-AUS isn't transcon, am I right in thinking I won't have any access at LAX?
Bula. That's correct. But you will have access to the lounge FJ uses in AKL iirc the QANTAS Club, and the Tabua (pronounce Tom-BUU-uh) lounge at NAN.

Or, if it's a longer layover with evening departure, take a taxi into Nadi (NAHN-dee) and have a dinner at Chef's, the Restaurant. Jack's on the Main Street (which owns Chef's) is the place for Fijian souvenirs.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:32 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Technically, the Club granted you a favor. They're no more obligated to let you in on a pending upgrade than the TA is obligated to grant you baggage allowance based on tbe waitlisted upgrade.
Yes, I was grateful for my "freebee".
[The AMEX SKYGUIDE lounge re-imbursement was my backup option.]
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:53 am

I've got a 6-hour layover in IAD in March - we're flying business class and my wife's an AA Exec Plat, but we're flying in with US Airways for the domestic leg and then departing on Turkish for our international flight. Does anybody know if we'd have access to the BA Lounge? Not sure if US Airways counts as a oneworld alliance member or not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.