Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Hotel Reimbursement -- Options?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:49 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by mvoight
My understanding is "extraordinary circumstance" applies to the cash penalty in EC261/2003 not hotel and meals. Is this not correct? I do agree a medical diversion is "extraordinary"
I've been fortunate to have never been in such a situation before, so you probably know better than I.

Originally Posted by Often1
According to OP, he booked the hotel while at JFK. The agent with the vouchers was at MIA. I presume that it was too late to cancel and take the voucher, but that is a very remote possibility.

If the facts were as you suggest, it might be different. But, they aren't.
Bingo. It is what it is.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Often1
According to OP, he booked the hotel while at JFK. The agent with the vouchers was at MIA. I presume that it was too late to cancel and take the voucher, but that is a very remote possibility.

If the facts were as you suggest, it might be different. But, they aren't.
Agreed. Don't know a single hotel you can reserve after 6 pm same day and still cancel for a refund. The OP took a risk he'd be out $200 when he decided in NY to book a hotel in Miami. Sucks, but I can see why AA decided what they did. OP is SOL
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by lightbulbs
Out of curiosity, did they not let you just end your journey at JFK if you were LGA bound? Or did you not want to do that? Seems like the LIS+JFK pitstop might have turned out to be fortuitous for NY bound customers!
Really a valid and pertinent question.

I take it this was a year-end mileage run? Which would be an OK reason not to get off. Unless there was a complete issue with getting checked luggage off or still a sealed airplane for customs reasons why would you not want off? Queens is Queens.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:58 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by jayer
Really a valid and pertinent question.

I take it this was a year-end mileage run? Which would be an OK reason not to get off. Unless there was a complete issue with getting checked luggage off or still a sealed airplane for customs reasons why would you not want off? Queens is Queens.
Negative, I really did want to deplane at JFK! (Would have just requested Original Routing Credit). Yes, Customs issue - see above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.