Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
I think aa saver award for the 11th will load tonight at midnight central. Usually is 2 days after the schedule loads. Check at midnight central
With respect, your post-- to me anyway-- doesn't seem to take into consideration the topic/posts of the thread. (And/or I think you quoted the wrong post, anyway.)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
I think aa saver award for the 11th will load tonight at midnight central. Usually is 2 days after the schedule loads. Check at midnight central
That was the pattern until about a week ago when this glitch we are discussing here happened. Sine then, nothing appeared for 2017 including the disappearance of Jan 1-3 that were posted.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by ycc777
That was the pattern until about a week ago when this glitch we are discussing here happened. Sine then, nothing appeared for 2017 including the disappearance of Jan 1-3 that were posted.
I do see that. Wow. I was able to snag 2 Z seats on Jan 3. Inventory was wide open. rev mgmt must be re thinking their holiday strategy.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

I do see that. Wow. I was able to snag 2 Z seats on Jan 3. Inventory was wide open. rev mgmt must be re thinking their holiday strategy.
No, even the non-holiday dates in 2017 are not posting for all domestic flights. Also, for all International flights, they are still posting Saver Z but not Anytime Awards. Both occurred at the same time this glitch happened. If it's that they are rethinking, I have no problem with that. I just hope it's not because someone made an error and yet nobody is willing to pass the message to have them look into it. It'd be nice if they at least try to inquire if it is the intention before rejecting the request.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:55 pm

I just looked at the seat availability of the two flights that would work for my return award booking and the entire cabin is available on either flight.

What are my options? I have to get my PPT-LAX flight ticketed by midnight tonight or loose it. Do I just book it without the continuing leg? And pay $ 150 to add the leg when and if it becomes available?

They won't let me add an Anytime award and refund the extra miles when a Saver Award becomes available, will they?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exsea
I just looked at the seat availability of the two flights that would work for my return award booking and the entire cabin is available on either flight.

What are my options? I have to get my PPT-LAX flight ticketed by midnight tonight or loose it. Do I just book it without the continuing leg? And pay $ 150 to add the leg when and if it becomes available?
That's your option far as anything I can see.

This is a strange episode, not exactly like any other I can personally recall, off the top of my head.

I just tweeted it (lowexpectations alert!)
https://twitter.com/xjonnyc/status/699739591025164292
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by exsea

They won't let me add an Anytime award and refund the extra miles when a Saver Award becomes available, will they?
Not to make it sound worse, but it's $150 if it's corrected before March 22. If not, it's $150 plus more miles.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:40 pm

Just spoke to an agent and she couldn't provide an explanation why no domestic saver awards were available any where in the US. Asked her if there was a system she could submit a request to but she said there wasn't anything she could do.

Has it ever been the case that AA waits till one day of the month to release all their saver awards?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redghost
Just spoke to an agent and she couldn't provide an explanation why no domestic saver awards were available any where in the US. Asked her if there was a system she could submit a request to but she said there wasn't anything she could do.

Has it ever been the case that AA waits till one day of the month to release all their saver awards?
Not that I'm aware of, personally. If a few folks hit my tweet, the blogs will probably pick up on it in pretty short order (if they haven't already? I haven't really checked) and that may be the best hope of finding out what's going on.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by ycc777
Not to make it sound worse, but it's $150 if it's corrected before March 22. If not, it's $150 plus more miles.
I struggled with this for a few days and finally just went with an alternative Alaska Airlines flight. Doing so locks in one routing that works but forecloses upgrading to CX F after Mar 22 and changing to a better routing via LAX after that time. Take what you can get, consider buying domestic segments, etc.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
I struggled with this for a few days and finally just went with an alternative Alaska Airlines flight. Doing so locks in one routing that works but forecloses upgrading to CX F after Mar 22 and changing to a better routing via LAX after that time. Take what you can get, consider buying domestic segments, etc.
I do hope they would have this fix before 3/22. I plan to just ticket the international long haul (3 tickets with various combination of CX and JL and QF J/F) for the time being and add the AA segment home if it becomes available before 3/22 for $150x3 change fee. That way I can still be on domestic first instead of coach on the way home. Or I might just buy the ticket home depending on the price.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mmdough
I do hope they would have this fix before 3/22. I plan to just ticket the international long haul (3 tickets with various combination of CX and JL and QF J/F) for the time being and add the AA segment home if it becomes available before 3/22 for $150x3 change fee. That way I can still be on domestic first instead of coach on the way home. Or I might just buy the ticket home depending on the price.
I wonder if CX will let you check bags all the way through without charge if your domestic purchase is economy.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:07 pm

That's what it looks like to me. Yes, it's annoying to have to suffer due to a possible glitch on their end, but lets face it....round trip in business to Tahiti, 1 week Bora Bora, 1 week Moorea all on mile/points, what's $ 150 x 2?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:32 pm

If I had to wait till after March 22 to add the last leg of my domestic flight in the US, would this cause the entire award to be repriced or would I just have to pay the $150 change fee?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If all the miles are from same account the charge is $150 for first change, $25 for each extra

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.