Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rebooking due to IRROPS - how much leeway do I get?

Rebooking due to IRROPS - how much leeway do I get?

Old Feb 5, 16, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango View Post
Agents aren't supposed to protect using codeshare flight numbers so the odds of finding one willing to do this are slim.
Don't know about that. happened to me before.
^
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
No.
Lol.
Old Feb 8, 16, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38 View Post
If you were rebooked on AA or AA codeshare, it likely would've been into paid J which would've earned 2/3x eqm so you wouldn't want the original Y flight credit..

No.
I've heard multiple reports of this happening, even though I would imagine it's not the policy and probably happens on accident. Probably something to do with the rebooking, perhaps if it's on a partner. Maybe it has to be on the JL or CX flight number? It wouldn't give you the AA EQM multiplier, but it MIGHT give you the partner one for J which would be better than the AA Y 1xEQM. All that said, you really don't have anything to lose there as worst case scenario you get your ORC of 1xEQM on the AA flight.
Old Feb 8, 16, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA 1.75MM EXP EMD, UA 1.31MM LT *G, DL SM, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott LT PLT(PP)/ICH AMB PLT/Hertz PC
Incorrect. AA tries to protect members upgraded on AA on alternate flights. It's much more likely they will do so on JB partners such as BA or JL. See post 20 by JonNYC. It's certainly what I've experienced, too.
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
With JJ I'd expect it to be very, very difficult. While it's true that there's a policy to _try_ and accommodate upgraded, ticketed AA pax on OneWorld partners, over time its become evident (even if not entirely clear) that it's much easier (for sure) and much more likely on JBV/ATI partners as opposed to other OneWorld airlines.
Even if it is JBV/ATI partners, it does not work all the time. I got burned a couple of times, including AA misconnect, rebooked on BA J, told they were sold out, I was waitlisted upon check in, and turned out I didn't even get a J or Y. Agents looked into the fare code and insisted I could only even waitlist on Y. I have tried to avoid any possible BA flight since then.

I believe they can rebook you directly in J, but it all depends on the load factors of the rebooking flight.

Originally Posted by more777sneeded View Post
You could try to get rebooked DFW SYD HKG on the A380
Highly doubt that would go through. AA agents are prohibited to backtrack and rebook when there are better options around.

Can someone give any insight if AA will bent any rules, including MPM, and valid fare basis to rebook passengers due to IRROPs?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Feb 8, 16 at 8:05 pm
Old Feb 8, 16, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 View Post
Even if it is JBV/ATI partners, it does not work all the time.
That obviously goes without saying.

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 View Post
Can someone give any insight if AA will bent any rules, including MPM, and valid fare basis to rebook passengers due to IRROPs?
Most definitely they can and will as/if needed.
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
i've misconnected DFW-ICN twice in the past 6 months. PNS-DFW-ICN, was in paid first. When PNS went mechanical, told the agent to rebook in KE F. No problem. MCI-DFW-ICN (J) but had used SWU to upgrade to F. Told agent to rebook me EY DFW-AUH-ICN. No problem. But would only rebook in J not F. Understandable.
Old Feb 9, 16, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon View Post
i've misconnected DFW-ICN twice in the past 6 months. PNS-DFW-ICN, was in paid first. When PNS went mechanical, told the agent to rebook in KE F. No problem. MCI-DFW-ICN (J) but had used SWU to upgrade to F. Told agent to rebook me EY DFW-AUH-ICN. No problem. But would only rebook in J not F. Understandable.
AA preserved your upgraded class of service on a non-partner (KE)? Well done! ^
Old Feb 9, 16, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I was in paid F when I was rebooked KE F for irrops.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: