FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Rebooking due to IRROPS - how much leeway do I get? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1744252-rebooking-due-irrops-how-much-leeway-do-i-get.html)

surftb15 Feb 5, 2016 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango (Post 26140981)
Agents aren't supposed to protect using codeshare flight numbers so the odds of finding one willing to do this are slim.

Don't know about that. happened to me before.
^

frudd38 Feb 8, 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26140299)
No.

Lol.

corncob Feb 8, 2016 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 26139718)
If you were rebooked on AA or AA codeshare, it likely would've been into paid J which would've earned 2/3x eqm so you wouldn't want the original Y flight credit..

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26140299)
No.

I've heard multiple reports of this happening, even though I would imagine it's not the policy and probably happens on accident. Probably something to do with the rebooking, perhaps if it's on a partner. Maybe it has to be on the JL or CX flight number? It wouldn't give you the AA EQM multiplier, but it MIGHT give you the partner one for J which would be better than the AA Y 1xEQM. All that said, you really don't have anything to lose there as worst case scenario you get your ORC of 1xEQM on the AA flight.

PaulInTheSky Feb 8, 2016 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26140272)
Incorrect. AA tries to protect members upgraded on AA on alternate flights. It's much more likely they will do so on JB partners such as BA or JL. See post 20 by JonNYC. It's certainly what I've experienced, too.

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 26138591)
With JJ I'd expect it to be very, very difficult. While it's true that there's a policy to _try_ and accommodate upgraded, ticketed AA pax on OneWorld partners, over time its become evident (even if not entirely clear) that it's much easier (for sure) and much more likely on JBV/ATI partners as opposed to other OneWorld airlines.

Even if it is JBV/ATI partners, it does not work all the time. I got burned a couple of times, including AA misconnect, rebooked on BA J, told they were sold out, I was waitlisted upon check in, and turned out I didn't even get a J or Y. Agents looked into the fare code and insisted I could only even waitlist on Y. I have tried to avoid any possible BA flight since then.

I believe they can rebook you directly in J, but it all depends on the load factors of the rebooking flight.

Originally Posted by more777sneeded (Post 26137640)
You could try to get rebooked DFW SYD HKG on the A380 :)

Highly doubt that would go through. AA agents are prohibited to backtrack and rebook when there are better options around.

Can someone give any insight if AA will bent any rules, including MPM, and valid fare basis to rebook passengers due to IRROPs?

JonNYC Feb 8, 2016 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 26154204)
Even if it is JBV/ATI partners, it does not work all the time.

That obviously goes without saying.

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 26154204)
Can someone give any insight if AA will bent any rules, including MPM, and valid fare basis to rebook passengers due to IRROPs?

Most definitely they can and will as/if needed.

Penguinmoon Feb 8, 2016 10:19 pm

i've misconnected DFW-ICN twice in the past 6 months. PNS-DFW-ICN, was in paid first. When PNS went mechanical, told the agent to rebook in KE F. No problem. MCI-DFW-ICN (J) but had used SWU to upgrade to F. Told agent to rebook me EY DFW-AUH-ICN. No problem. But would only rebook in J not F. Understandable.

akcae Feb 9, 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon (Post 26155184)
i've misconnected DFW-ICN twice in the past 6 months. PNS-DFW-ICN, was in paid first. When PNS went mechanical, told the agent to rebook in KE F. No problem. MCI-DFW-ICN (J) but had used SWU to upgrade to F. Told agent to rebook me EY DFW-AUH-ICN. No problem. But would only rebook in J not F. Understandable.

AA preserved your upgraded class of service on a non-partner (KE)? Well done! ^

Penguinmoon Feb 9, 2016 5:12 pm

I was in paid F when I was rebooked KE F for irrops.