Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Unveils New Cole Haan Amenity Kits Jan 2016, appear 1 March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Cole Haan Amenity Kits on American Airlines
Introduced March 2016

In several colors, "... products from Cole Haan, 3LAB Skincare, C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries and Clark’s Botanicals."

See
Originally Posted by truthknown
Here are some pics of the Transcon F amenity kit

QUOTE=tsz;26299426]Just got the international J kit on DFW-ICN on 3/6. Personally, I like the design and I think the dopp kit design is far more reusable than the old international J kit.[/QUOTE]

Print Wikipost

AA Unveils New Cole Haan Amenity Kits Jan 2016, appear 1 March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:56 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Microwave
But... BusinessFirst is like first class service at business class prices...
... with globs of mustard and crime-scene biscuits (so I've heard).
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by uxb
I know that these changes are effective in March. However, this is not the first time I've boarded JFK > SFO / SFO > JFK and received the wrong amenity kit or no amenity kit at all.
This will always be determined by the supplies on hand at any given station. If they run short of the current style, either nothing ia supplied or they load what older versions are still in the commissary.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by uxb
Yeah, not saying that. Just pondering how much cheaper they can make the forward cabins before they scrap F all together and announce a "BusinessFirst" scheme as the race to the bottom hots up.
Isn't this nearly what's happening? Once the 777-223ERs are refurbished, only the A321T and a handful of 777-323ER will have true First. (I'd not be surprised if AA decide to have a small F cabin in the 787-9 next year, but it's completely unsubstantiated.)
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Isn't this nearly what's happening? Once the 777-223ERs are refurbished, only the A321T and a handful of 777-323ER will have true First. (I'd not be surprised if AA decide to have a small F cabin in the 787-9 next year, but it's completely unsubstantiated.)
I most definitely agree. But I don't quite understand how these new amenity kits are somehow viewed as a "downgrade." The skincare products they contain are most definitely a huge upgrade from the Red Flower offerings, and the kits themselves are much nicer than the felt/carpet-like heritage kits.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thechosenuno
Everyone has his own design opinion, including me. These new ones look terrible. Black and blue? I really liked the old felt ones, especially the heritage lining. YMMV.
^

You gotta be an idiot to believe all this crap.

When you look at the choices made on these amenity kits what is strikingly clear is how well they are paired with new meandering and lost AA brand identity.

Does Cole Hann evoke "great" or going for great. Does Cole Hann make you feel special as a premium passenger or person?

We know that answer. I think when we are all honest it is a very uninspired ambiguous average brand equally as lacking in greatness and style as the new AA.

You are right its subjective.

So is my choice in revenue spend. Do you want to fly on an airline that thinks it is in such a dominant position that customers don't really matter and lacks competitive spirit necessary for achieving anything meaningful when going for great?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
It took me a while to get into the grey carpet/man in the gray flannel suit but now I like them. Particularly the pouchy one with a snap of which I only got one. Perhaps they were too sophisticated for the audience of freeloaders?

If there is such a thing as karma may you whiners about muted colors be subjected to the yellow number. Yecch.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/bu...e56814743.html
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lili
It took me a while to get into the grey carpet/man in the gray flannel suit but now I like them. Particularly the pouchy one with a snap of which I only got one. Perhaps they were too sophisticated for the audience of freeloaders?

If there is such a thing as karma may you whiners about muted colors be subjected to the yellow number. Yecch.

Is there something wrong with just using the corporate colors? Why does there need to be yellow?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:59 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by Shareholder
This will always be determined by the supplies on hand at any given station. If they run short of the current style, either nothing ia supplied or they load what older versions are still in the commissary.
I guess they've had limited supply for the last twelve months then.

Likely, which is exactly my point. I guess I didn't communicate it clearly.

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
I most definitely agree. But I don't quite understand how these new amenity kits are somehow viewed as a "downgrade." The skincare products they contain are most definitely a huge upgrade from the Red Flower offerings, and the kits themselves are much nicer than the felt/carpet-like heritage kits.
The amenity kit is a downgrade if you were receiving a kit in TCON J, but are now receiving some sort of "bundle" wrapped up in cellophane or however they plan on packaging it. That's what I was referring to when I slammed the announcement.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I liked the felt carpet kits, they were the perfect size for an 8" tablet, which I've given many to family and friends for their tablets. For me, something like this that can be reused in a practical way makes a not more sense to me. And I appreciate the effort...silly bags, just end up either left on the plane or very soon in the trash.

I also liked the heritage aspect, I had hoped to collect a few more.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
I'm looking forward to getting a couple of the heritage kits to and from Europe this month "when" my SWUs clear. It'll be my first time on AA business class (besides getting lucky a few times with an international configuration on a domestic flight).
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by lili

"Freeloaders"? Really? People are paying to fly, whether it's money or hard-earned miles.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
Honesty I like the AA heritage kits... I haven't had a chance to collect them all yet (I'm still trying to get the one I really want... TWA...)!..... Either of these are better than the bag that I got the last time I flew Club World...
C. R. Smith Museum now has the retro carpet backing felt amenity kits for sale.

http://store.crsmithmuseum.org/store...-Amenity-Kits/
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

I wonder what AA's cost per unit is. Would imagine that's a pretty healthy profit margin.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:43 pm
uxb

Or you can just fly J from JFK. I snagged myself one the other day, but it was crummy LUS. Apparently, that's all they have left. #firstworldproblems
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by cyber1k
We know that answer. I think when we are all honest it is a very uninspired ambiguous average brand equally as lacking in greatness and style as the new AA.
For the money involved, you are not going to get an amenity kit branded by Burberry or Gucci. Seems like that is what you are expecting.

Here is the reality:

The new CX amenity kit in J is made of an uninspiring brown, tweed-like fabric. It has the shape of a typical shaving kit, just much smaller and therefore useless. There really isn't much design to it. Nevertheless, there are markings at the bottom that indicate it was designed exclusively by Seventy Eight Percent.

Not Gucci for CX, how can that be? CX must not be going for great, right? What about BA? Who designs the wash bags it gives out in J class?

...I think if we are all honest it is clear that the AA's new J kits are as good, if not better, than what the competition offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.