AA Phl Ath 2016 start date?

Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
AA finally called today about my April 15th PHL-ATH flight cancellation. It's a revenue business class ticket. First agent I spoke to didn't seem too confident in her abilities, so called back. Second agent offered a few options, one which included BA metal PHL-LHR and then on to ATH. Chose that so my (older) aunt and uncle don't have to change terminals at LHR. Overall pretty easy. The extra connection sucks, but there are no other options.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
AA finally called today about my April 15th PHL-ATH flight cancellation. It's a revenue business class ticket. First agent I spoke to didn't seem too confident in her abilities, so called back. Second agent offered a few options, one which included BA metal PHL-LHR and then on to ATH. Chose that so my (older) aunt and uncle don't have to change terminals at LHR. Overall pretty easy. The extra connection sucks, but there are no other options.
Just curious, did they give any indication of "how many" flights were canceled? Thanks for the report...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Just curious, did they give any indication of "how many" flights were canceled? Thanks for the report...
Neither agent offered any additional insights. I'm not even sure they knew AA flies that route.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:35 pm

So it looks like AA 758/759 is still on the books starting May 5th - 38 days from now. Fair to assume it's going to operate as planned?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:40 am

I was checking in to see that answer as well.
We are booked in August.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
So it looks like AA 758/759 is still on the books starting May 5th - 38 days from now. Fair to assume it's going to operate as planned?
I think so. PHL-VCE & BCN just recently started back up.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by nova08
I think so. PHL-VCE & BCN just recently started back up.
But those two routes always started earlier in the season. While I don't see them delaying the start of PHL-ATH, I wouldn't be surprised if the end date gets moved up earlier than what is now scheduled. And they've done that with some U.S.-Europe routes in the past in the middle of their respective flying season (particulary out of CLT).
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
But those two routes always started earlier in the season. While I don't see them delaying the start of PHL-ATH, I wouldn't be surprised if the end date gets moved up earlier than what is now scheduled. And they've done that with some U.S.-Europe routes in the past in the middle of their respective flying season (particulary out of CLT).
My point was that AA did not see enough weakness to delay the start of BCN/VCE to an April or May start date. While that does not guarantee anything, I'll infer that if they haven't seen enough weakness on ATH thus far just over a month until the start, they won't all of a sudden see it 3 weeks prior.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by nova08
My point was that AA did not see enough weakness to delay the start of BCN/VCE to an April or May start date. While that does not guarantee anything, I'll infer that if they haven't seen enough weakness on ATH thus far just over a month until the start, they won't all of a sudden see it 3 weeks prior.
But I would not currently hold demand for ATH in the same light as BCN or VCE. The migrant crisis and the reality that they will now be stuck in Greece because the borders have been shut "upstream" has a lot of Greek officials worried about this year's travel season.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:34 pm

Just an update, AA758/759 began yesterday on an A333, and it looks like so far it is scheduled until Oct. 28th this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.