Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Getting a disruptive guest kicked out of an Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

This morning in the main Admirals Club in Charlotte, a family with a large number of children let their children run around the Club, screaming, throwing things and more. It was unreal, and the racket and pandemonium could be heard all through the Club. It was around 10am today. I'm now used to loud kids, but this topped everything that I've seen in 15 yeas as a member.

Question: The next time this happens, how do I get them kicked out?

Club rules on aa.com state that a disruptive guest may be removed.

There is no reason to have a Club membership when the regular airport gates are tranquil and quiet by comparison.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:23 pm

Talk to the front desk agents?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Talk to the front desk. Although I tend to think it'd have to be pretty extreme for them to kick someone out. They're certainly going to exercise their own discretion and not just because you say so.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Go tell the AC staff what the problem is. Let them decide the best way to deal with it. If not satisfied, escalate if needed.

Pretty simple....
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:50 pm

I personally think the most disruptive guests are the idiots who think it's appropriate to wander around the club making loud and obnoxious phone calls.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Anything short of explicit profanity, extreme intoxication, or direct harassment isn't going to result in ejection. Everyone has pet peeves. I love happy/boisterous children.

I detest middle aged <redacted> with blue tooth headsets walking around the room speaking at a normal pitch and gesturing with their hands to no one.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 17, 2016 at 4:54 pm Reason: Rules...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it wasn't important enough for you to say something to the agents at at the AC, it's not important enough to bother with now.

Doubt anybody gets the boot, but it's pretty routine for staff to ask parents to have their kids pipe down.

BTW - If you're annoyed by people making calls, say something about that.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Add me to the list of preferring screaming kids over adult-age brats loudly on their cell phones
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
IMO there is no scenario where children should be permitted BY THEIR PARENTS to run around a club and make any noises above a close talking voice.

I love kids too, babies, whatever...but when mine were young this would have been met with "HEY! Settle down- you want to run around we are going outside to the terminal, clear?"

Neither middle aged <redacted> on headsets....nor kids...nor drunks...NOBODY should be permitted to interfere with the quiet enjoyment of the club by ALL guests

Pretty simple folks.

(And I dont understand the need to attack other offenders to deflect the issue the OP brings up...although I do recognize the 'how can I get them kicked out' does hit a nerve ....)

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 17, 2016 at 4:55 pm Reason: Rules...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next time, just go to the front desk and inform the agents that the Spucklers are interferring with your quiet enjoyment of the club and are violating the rules by doing so, and request that the Spucklers be asked to leave.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Next time, just go to the front desk and inform the agents that the Spucklers are interferring with your quiet enjoyment of the club and are violating the rules by doing so, and request that the Spucklers be asked to leave.
Or at least threaten with expulsion. I've seen it at all in the ACs, including a few months back where some woman was changing a diaper out in the open at the MIA D30. If I want to be exposed to baby caca I can hang out at the gate.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

The people who talk on their cell phones in the main Club rooms are as bad as the screaming kids.

On AA.com, the Club is described as a "quiet" place. If I buy a membership based on that description and AA does not provide Clubs that meet that description then people like me are entitled to refunds. Class action lawyers, where are you?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:58 pm

Let's be honest:

People on phones are annoying.

Little kids running wild are a danger to themselves and others. We all know what would happen if a kid running wild hurt himself or others: the parents or the injured party would sue AA for failing to exercise due care.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
On AA.com, the Club is described as a "quiet" place. If I buy a membership based on that description and AA does not provide Clubs that meet that description then people like me are entitled to refunds. Class action lawyers, where are you?
Please tell me this is sarcasm
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Please tell me this is sarcasm
If I pay for a product based on a description of it, by the seller, that is not true, I should get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.