Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
Now if only all parties made it available for award travel.
JFK-LHR has multiple openings in 2018 on BA and AA in Saver first and so does LHR-AUH in Etihad Apartment. The Etihad leg can be seen when searching one way on Etihad.com as guest availability so it should be bookable by calling American AA.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheHighlander311
Called AA US line today and was told that EY was not a valid partner from SYD to AUH or AUH to JFK. Told by two different people. Don't have time now but will try AUS line later.
Obviously not accurate, only chance is that got confused and were trying (poorly) to say EY is not a valid partner on SYD-JFK via AUH at the s.pacific->n.america rate.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Obviously not accurate, only chance is that got confused and were trying (poorly) to say EY is not a valid partner on SYD-JFK via AUH at the s.pacific->n.america rate.
I think that was probably my issue then. Poorly communicated to them what I was hoping to do.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Ahh, probably a fail on my part.

I've got a SYD to BOS route booked already and I'm wondering if I should just stomach $150 to change without confusion? Probably my issue.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by floodrm90
JFK-LHR has multiple openings in 2018 on BA and AA in Saver first and so does LHR-AUH in Etihad Apartment. The Etihad leg can be seen when searching one way on Etihad.com as guest availability so it should be bookable by calling American AA.
There lies the problem: AA agents seeing EY's "Guest Availability".
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:18 pm

The Etihad leg can be seen when searching one way on Etihad.com as guest availability so it should be bookable by calling American AA.
I also said this in a post a couple of weeks ago, but the situation had already changed, so even as of the date of my post it was not true.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Keep in mind the BA FEES will take some bloom off the pleasure !
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:43 pm

I have JFK-AUH-PER booked JFK-AUH in Y AUH-PER in J using AA miles and now I finally have enough miles to upgrade my JFK to AUH leg and the US, OZ and NZ call center cant see the availability from any US City. This is so frustrating.

Anyone with any ideas?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317
I have JFK-AUH-PER booked JFK-AUH in Y AUH-PER in J using AA miles and now I finally have enough miles to upgrade my JFK to AUH leg and the US, OZ and NZ call center cant see the availability from any US City. This is so frustrating.

Anyone with any ideas?
I am facing the same issue, looks like all the premium seats in Etihad is blocked for AA Advantage members. Some of the members filed a complaint to AA and they did not even look at the content they just sent him a standard reply back. Someone should update the Wiki with the latest information.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:00 pm

Try calling AA for any available seats on EY from US or to US. The Guest Availability does not match what AA agents can see. I have been trying to book a ticket in F for the past one month.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
I am facing the same issue, looks like all the premium seats in Etihad is blocked for AA Advantage members. Some of the members filed a complaint to AA and they did not even look at the content they just sent him a standard reply back. Someone should update the Wiki with the latest information.
Has anyone tried to call a different EY redemption partner to see if they can see the EY Guest inventory? If not then it's not an AA specific issue, if another airline can then it is an AA specific issue.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Try calling AA for any available seats on EY from US or to US. The Guest Availability does not match what AA agents can see. I have been trying to book a ticket in F for the past one month.
can AA still see non-US seats?

SELF-EDIT: Yes, they can. I have a DEL-AUH-JFK,and I can change my DEL-AUH flight. Still not seeing AUH-JFK. Called OZ.

Last edited by stevento; Sep 24, 2017 at 7:16 am Reason: update
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by stevento
can AA still see non-US seats?

SELF-EDIT: Yes, they can. I have a DEL-AUH-JFK,and I can change my DEL-AUH flight. Still not seeing AUH-JFK. Called OZ.
Yes they can, I routed JFK-CDG-AUH-PER through the US call center today. They found the F availability on CDG-AUH with no issues.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:00 pm

Does anyone know if AA is able to see Etihad First/Business to the US if the flight is within one month?

I was wondering if they are not able to see ANY at all, or can they see some availability if the flight is coming up the next month or so?

I called AA Brazil, Australia, NZ last night for a flight in January and all they could see was economy.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:09 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I have been tracking the blocking of seats by calling AA daily under different accounts. In fact my significant other and I have both been calling 2-3 per day for past 2-3 weeks

This is the current state of blocking
No Guest Seat - NO SPACE whether booking EY or AA
This is ETIHAD BLOCKING SAVER SEATS TO SELL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE

- MORE THAN 3 weeks out Premium Blocked by AA
Etihad shows availability in Guest;
AA agent can see economy but NOT PREMIUM CABIN seats
At least US, UK, Trinidad and Fiji. I called all 4 numbers
(The latter 2 are for the Aus numbers at different times of the day)

- LESS THAN 3 weeks out AA unblocks premium awards
If guest seat open, AA agent can see it and Book in PREMIUM CABIN
(and economy as always)

- LESS THAN 1 week out EY unblocks SAVER seats in premium cabins
Now one sees a whole lot of Guest space open up which was not there before

1 & 4 above I have known for a while and routinely set my search to 1 week ahead at 6 AM US EST and I always found new space.
2 & 3 are new and due to AA blocking premium cabin on EY
QR is similar but less obvious as there are fewer seats on QR c/w EY

For some reason, Non-US routes are always not blocked by AA (so far).
I think this is to keep the Non-US customers (non-captive) happy with AA, while keeping the US customers (captive) unhappy but with nowhere else to go after accumulating miles, other than on BA cabins with high fees.

It does not matter to us as we have EXP, so we can change miles awards on AA, but the vast majority of EY bookings will now incur change fees, if premium cabins are not open at first.

Originally Posted by blizz123
Does anyone know if AA is able to see Etihad First/Business to the US if the flight is within one month?
I was wondering if they are not able to see ANY at all, or can they see some availability if the flight is coming up the next month or so?
I called AA Brazil, Australia, NZ last night for a flight in January and all they could see was economy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.