Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:24 am

Doesn't seem like the systems maintenance had any impact on availability, AA still not seeing anything AUH-JFK for 2018 in biz/first.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by brg
When EY blocks out saver award space to all partners
that is opens up space on the 777 while keeping 380 closed
That is not due to AA, but EY

When EY shows space to all partners and it is in the saver category
e.g., now from SFO-AUH all days there are 2-4 seats in Business
but AA "can't see them" in the US but UK agents can book it,
it is AA blocking premium awards on EY, not EY as is going on.

The problem now is that UK and A/NZ agents also can't book it for past week

I do note that on the A380 EY has a habit of opening space 10-14 days ahead, even in F when it does not sell.
So often short-term awards are open, while medium term is closed and long term is open once in a while
Isn't Etihad ending the SFO-AUH route?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Isn't Etihad ending the SFO-AUH route?
Yes Etihad is cutting SFO Oct 2017

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...cisco-flights/
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Doesn't seem like the systems maintenance had any impact on availability, AA still not seeing anything AUH-JFK for 2018 in biz/first.
I called Australia, UK and NZ same answer they can not see any F or business availability
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
I was really hoping they would bring it back after the electronics ban went away, but oh well.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:29 pm

I called today Sep 18th (Aus call center). Agent couldn't see availability from LHR to AUH even though EY-Guest had it available and EF had seats.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Im surprised this issue hasn't been a bigger deal. Do people not book Etihad with flights touching the USA using AA miles? I thought this was probably the best redemption for AA. This has been a major issue for 2-3 weeks and I have not seen it mentioned outside of passing comments or 1-2 articles.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Im surprised this issue hasn't been a bigger deal. Do people not book Etihad with flights touching the USA using AA miles? I thought this was probably the best redemption for AA. This has been a major issue for 2-3 weeks and I have not seen it mentioned outside of passing comments or 1-2 articles.
I really don't understand either. I thought a lot of ppl were booking these awards. Maybe since this has happened in the past people are hoping it's just another glitch that can be resolved with a bit of time...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Agreed. Very frustrated as I just signed up for 4x AA cards (2x apiece). Will probably still get AUH-SYD, but will have to figure out a good way to get to AUH from either SFO or JFK. Just glad I hadnt pulled the trigger on 80K SPG-AA transfer.

TPG site does mention it in an article just published.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:45 pm
Suspended

I thought this was probably the best redemption for AA.
There are of course those who feel that that fact is not coincidence.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:31 pm

It's not clear what can be done about the problem. It has been reported here that e-mail to AA resulted in uncomprehending robo-responses. Has anyone tried twitter?

Not clear if complaining to EtihadHelp on the EY forum will help; they will probably be uncomprehending also and/or tell us to contact AA.

It would be nice to know that AA was at least aware of the problem; it would even be helpful to know that this is the new normal, if indeed it is the new normal. What phone agents say is meaningless, they make stuff up and in any case have no authority to address such issues.

Lots of Y but no J/F, this doesn't seem like a relationship about to end. It's all very mysterious.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Agreed. Very frustrated as I just signed up for 4x AA cards (2x apiece). Will probably still get AUH-SYD, but will have to figure out a good way to get to AUH from either SFO or JFK. Just glad I hadnt pulled the trigger on 80K SPG-AA transfer.

TPG site does mention it in an article just published.
Hi joecool1885,

Can you please share the link to the TPG article.

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Hi joecool1885,

Can you please share the link to the TPG article.

Thanks.
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/09/boo...rtment-awards/
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:04 am

Can someone please let me know if this is a valid routing

BOM to AUH (Etihad)
AUH to LHR (Etihad)
LHR to ORD (British)

Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:53 am

That should be legal but AUH-LHR is unlikely to ticket using AA miles right now. Did you consider CX? BOM-HKG-ORD is the same number of miles and probably isn't much longer of a flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.