Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
You can use the F lounge prior to US pre-clearance. Once you go into pre-clearance though all you have is the single "premium" lounge inside.
Note that the F lounge will try and eject you stupid early, given pre-clearance queues. If you have Global Entry, resist. Also note the post-clearance lounge will comingle you with J pax. It's a very unpleasant facility, but it makes boarding all that much more luxurious.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Note that the F lounge will try and eject you stupid early, given pre-clearance queues. If you have Global Entry, resist. Also note the post-clearance lounge will comingle you with J pax. It's a very unpleasant facility, but it makes boarding all that much more luxurious.
Yes agreed on all points.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yes agreed on all points.
This might be a YMMV situation or that the staff has changed what they tell pax, but I flew F AUH-JFK three weeks ago and the desk in the F lounge told me to leave the F lounge at the scheduled boarding time. I had read reports on here previously about being told to leave ridiculously early and was very surprised by her instructions.

We left earlier than that because it was our first time going through preclearance at AUH and we were in no mood to be stressing through security.

Agreed that the premium lounge after preclearance was absolutely slammed and unpleasant. Like, couldn't get a seat slammed. Same with the area that passengers queue in after their boarding passes are scanned at the gate. We went there just because we were tired of being in the overcrowded lounge.

Stay in the F lounge as long as you can.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
That's what I thought. And I do have global entry... so I will leave 1 hour before departure time, assuming 30 wait, and right at boarding time.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Went through about 10 days ago. AUH F lounge staff suggested we leave the lounge an hour before boarding. We were connecting in AUH so had many hours there, so we didn't mind heading out more than 90 minutes before boarding. As a result, it took very few minutes to clear security and pre-clearance, and the post-pre-clearing lounge was still mostly empty. We headed for the gate when that lounge got crowded, and hence were the first people in the little F holding pen they use.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
and hence were the first people in the little F holding pen they use.
There's an F holding pen? Missed that and definitely remember seeing other F passengers in the general boarding area.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
There's an F holding pen? Missed that and definitely remember seeing other F passengers in the general boarding area.
We've used the F holding pen every time we've flown EY F out of AUH. After scanning BP at entrance to gate, we've been directed to the right, where there's a small fenced-off area. We then board first, before pre-boards.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
We've used the F holding pen every time we've flown EY F out of AUH. After scanning BP at entrance to gate, we've been directed to the right, where there's a small fenced-off area. We then board first, before pre-boards.
Wow, definitely boarded after pre-boards as well. I guess I'll have to look for that if I ever fly EY F ex-AUH in the future.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
I book EY 101 several months back and today I got an email re-confirming my reservation, but that I had been moved to EY 103.
AA says etihad moved me, etihad says that AA did it, and they cant change it anyway because it is an AA ticket. Of course now EY 101 has no award seats available. Anyone ever encounter this and have a way to remedy it? It seems that AA and EY are just kicking the can to each other and nobody can explain why I got moved.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:21 pm

No luck with NZ

USA-XXX award not showing with one-way search, but showing with XXX-USA-XXX search. Called AA-US, no luck. Called AA-NZ, no luck. Called AA-NZ again, no luck. I asked them to look for USA-XXX but also USA-AUH and AUH-XXX individually; no luck. I asked them to start a new res rather than try to change the existing res, but still nothing.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Aug 3, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by exmike
I book EY 101 several months back and today I got an email re-confirming my reservation, but that I had been moved to EY 103.
AA says etihad moved me, etihad says that AA did it, and they cant change it anyway because it is an AA ticket. Of course now EY 101 has no award seats available. Anyone ever encounter this and have a way to remedy it? It seems that AA and EY are just kicking the can to each other and nobody can explain why I got moved.
yes - it happened to me months ago, got moved from 102 to 100. luckily a few weeks later space opened up on 102 and moved back.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Wow, that would really piss me off.

Is this a standalone segment or do you have connecting flights before and/or after this one? We have a few EY101 bookings coming up, but they are all sandwiched between connecting flights on both ends.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:44 pm

PNRs store the history of what changes were made, by whom, and when. AA and EY have different PNRs for the same trip, but each should be able to see the history (although my guess is that whichever one made the change, that PNR will show more detail). I'd call back each and ask the agent to carefully check the history and see who moved you and when. Whichever one did it should be able to put you back. My guess is that EY did it.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:30 pm

Help. Can someone tell me how much tax does AA charge for redeeming a business class ticket from JFK to AUH ?

Thank You.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would expect it to be $7
$5.60 US tax and $1.40 UAE tax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.