Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Expiring (29 Feb 2016) SWU / VIP giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Expiring (29 Feb 2016) SWU ("VIP") Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

As in past years, we often have very generous members of our community give away expiring systemwide upgrades. A reminder that upgrades will generally only be confirmed for flights on/before the 29 Feb expiry (in the past, upgrades could sometimes be applied to flights post-expiration date as long as it could be confirmed, however AA has recently become more strict–see this thread for more information).

Familiarise yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be removed without notice to the poster.

• Asking for SWUs is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • Language that could be interpreted as directly or obliquely asking for or attempting to solicit the offer of a SWU will be removed.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWUs must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients.
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, or trade SWUs by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Expiring (29 Feb 2016) SWU / VIP giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I have one too. Same criteria as zakman above but flight must be Feb 28-29, not today. PM me.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Incredibly enough, despite receiving over a dozen PMs and making 4 calls to AA, we haven't been able to find a flight with C or even J space, nor one that has cleared two waitlists.

Giving away SWUs is tougher than it looks! If someone out there still needs one for today or tom (Feb 29), feel free to PM me. Please do be sure to send the information I requested above.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
It's down to the wire, and unfortunately I have been shut out of PM's by the system due to new member restrictions. If you are interested (even if you already PM'ed me) please PM your Record Locator, name, and full itinerary. I cannot PM you back, so you might want to include contact info too, like email or phone. I didn't know about the PM restriction and can't figure out how to contact an Administrator to get the restriction lifted.
Hope I can help someone.
David
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Have you clicked on the screen name of any of these members to see if they accept e-mail? I can see your own profile is set up for e-mail messaging.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
Trying that now - thank you Tom

Originally Posted by tom911
Have you clicked on the screen name of any of these members to see if they accept e-mail? I can see your own profile is set up for e-mail messaging.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YeshuaSaves
I have 4 SWU's trying to give away. Got lots of great replies from earlier post, but I got blocked after sending 5 PM's. I want to help you, but my hands are tied now. If interested, please PM your Record Locator, name, and full itinerary. I cannot PM you back, so you might want to include contact info too, like email or phone.
David
I'd suggest that members have contcact of some type -first- before sending off their PNR and name and itin-- sorta "blindly" as it were, preferably to an email address w/ phone # or something other than a blind PM.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'd suggest that members have contcact of some type -first- before sending off their PNR and name and itin-- sorta "blindly" as it were, preferably to an email address w/ phone # or something other than a blind PM.
Gary Leff posted that some people are having success in using them post 2/29 if there is C space. Anyone here had such luck?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Gary Leff posted that some people are having success in using them post 2/29 if there is C space. Anyone here had such luck?
Tried multiple times. No luck. Still have my SWU...anyone?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:07 am

Last minute change of plans

I still have one left that expires today, please PM to use.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thank You

I've been reading this thread, more out of curiosity than anything else. I don't have any SWUs left nor do I need any right now. I simply was interested in reading the thread. On behalf of all who benefitted, let me just say "Thank You" to the generous FTers who donated their unused SWUs. That is really a nice thing to do. I really love FT and have enjoyed reading and contributing for many years. And it is great to see the FT community help one another.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
One available. Had planned to give to a friend but travels plans changed. Preference of course is for someone with a longhaul flight and confirmable C space.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXEC PLAT, HERTZ PLATINUM
Smile Expiring SWU

Hi, I have 1 EVIP expiring. I forgot all about it. If someone can use it, I'd be happy to give it to them. Thanks

Last edited by emikelaw; Feb 29, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As it's now past the expiration date for SWUs expiring this year, this thread will be archived.

Thanks to all members who have kindly offered SWUs this year. Everyone's generosity is very much appreciated!

Edit to add: The giveaway thread for SWUs expiring Feb 2017 can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...uid-pro-1.html

~Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 20, 2017 at 9:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.