Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How do i price a ticket on the chinese website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

i don't even know what the chinese aa site is...but if i go to google flights or ita, i get a price that's $200 less than aa.com. i've figured out it's because it's pricing it locally. when i click through on google flights, it takes me to americanairlines.amadeus.com/international mumbo jumbo.

i would just buy the ticket, but i want to put it on hold for 24 hours and doesn't seem to have that capability. it also doesn't seem to find my profile (can't figure out how to log in).

help?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:20 pm

americanairlines.cn is the Chinese site, but it appears to use amadeus.com for booking.

24 hour hold is USDOT requirement and might not apply in China. I'd just book your ticket through eLong or some such.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davie355
americanairlines.cn is the Chinese site, but it appears to use amadeus.com for booking.

24 hour hold is USDOT requirement and might not apply in China. I'd just book your ticket through eLong or some such.
what is elong?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
what is elong?
a mainland Chinese OTA
If you need help, I also am fluent in Chinese.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
a mainland Chinese OTA
If you need help, I also am fluent in Chinese.
thx, i may take you up on that...but i will try to figure this out for myself. i want to learn because i expect i'll be doing this frequently.

at least google flights is smart enough to price in CNY and give that price. i wish aa.com could be that smart.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

holy oh my gosh! i used this elong and the tickets are way way cheaper than the airlines themselves. by like a lot!!!! how do they do that? is elong reliable? i should feel safe putting in my credit card and just buying from them?

any restrictions to be aware of? like my upgrades will still work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.