Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Qualified for EXP / Executive Platinum at end of 2015, only got 4 SWU? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualified for EXP / Executive Platinum at end of 2015, only got 4 SWU? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)

Hi, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere; I couldn't find any threads on it.

I just requalified as an EXP with the final flight activity on Dec 28 and Dec 29.
The new SWUs that expire in Feb 2017 just showed up in my account but there are only 4, not 8!

I was under the impression that the reduction would go into effect for requalification during 2016 but that those of us requalifying during the 2015 calendar year would still receive 8.

The AA site still says "If you qualified for Executive Platinum status before January 1, 2016, you’ll still earn 8 upgrades to use during the 2016 membership year."

Have any other EXPs had this problem in last few days? Maybe the problem is that the deposit date for the SWUs is listed as Jan 2, 2016 even though the last qualifying flight was Dec 29 (on CX JNB-HKG-SYD in E+ which turned into a double Op-Up to J, btw

Is this a tech glitch likely to be ironed out soon or is there a chance they've changed the rules without notice?

thanks
spsdc
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
That seems odd, as it should be 8. Whenever you achieve a new elite level, all the perks that come with it are auto-deposited. I will wait after Monday, since AAdavantage always goes bonky on the weekends, check again, and send a message to them. I qualified much earlier and got my 8. Good luck and congrats.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:38 am
Suspended

It's an error, call ACS tomorrow and they'll fix it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
When do they surface?

I crossed the EXP points theshold on Dec 14th on a BA flight. The miles posted pretty much instantly but no eVIPs.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
To the OP - yes you should get 8.

To weero - mine posted 2 days after crossing 100K PQM.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:21 am

Location: Philadelphia, the East Coast of the US & SE Asia, & sometimes France
Programs: AA EXP, Amtrak Select, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade
I had a late (in the year) qualification for EXP in 2015 (believe final flights did not hit my account until 12/31) and the same thing happened to me as well. Just logged in this morning and noted only 4 SWUs. I wonder if it is a system error for anyone whose upgrades did not actually hit their account until the new system?

Edited to add: just spoke to the EXP desk and told that "it went down to four for 2016"- obviously not true. I explained that it did not and was immediately told only ACS can deal with those. Didn't get the sense the agent believed me but I will call back tomorrow when ACS is open.

Last edited by ghenghis; Jan 3, 2016 at 6:33 am
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
I have the same issue - I qualified for EXP with the narrowest of margins with Dec 31 flights.

"In 2015, you earned 100,462 elite-qualifying miles, 41 segments and 100,143 points"

The miles and SWUs did not post until last night - so the glitch can explain the 4 SWUs rather than 8. Will call ACS on Monday as suggested.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Same situation here. Requalified evening of Dec 29 and received only 4 SWUs last night. Will be calling ACS tomorrow...sounds like they'll be speaking with a few of us!

Also will have them fix the incorrect deduction of 4 SWUs for our return flights on Dec 29 LHR-ORD-MSN for 2 pax when only 2 should have been deducted. Originally was on an ORD-MSN flight without F but had a misconnect due to snow in Chicago. Booked us in F for the new flight but deducted extra SWUs (from my 2016 credits which they say I didn't earn until Jan 2, 2016 no less!) Should be a fun call...
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by apeortdz
..To weero - mine posted 2 days after crossing 100K PQM.
Eeeeeeeeek ... I need to contact CS.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's an error, call ACS tomorrow and they'll fix it.
How do errors like this happen, if I may ask? Isn't posting of SWUs an automated transaction?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Considering that currently, NOTHING on aa.com is working, I'd credit this "feature" to the state-of-the-art AA technology infrastructure, leading us boldly into 2016.

Sigh...
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How do errors like this happen, if I may ask? Isn't posting of SWUs an automated transaction?
My (admittedly uninformed) guess is that IT programmed the SWU crediting logic based on the date the ExPlat SWU batch process ran rather than the date the qualifying flight actually took place.

Most likely only impacts those of us who qualified very close to Dec 31. Should be easily corrected with a call to customer service tomorrow.

Last edited by WNLuvr; Jan 3, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by weero
When do they surface?

I crossed the EXP points theshold on Dec 14th on a BA flight. The miles posted pretty much instantly but no eVIPs.
Do you have four 2015 segments on AA marketed flights?

My SWU took three - four days to post when I requalified 23 Dec. Saturday batching?

That being said, it seems the change to EQM / doing away with EQP et seq. has thrown some new bugs into the system with preflight meal selection, posting activity, etc.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I think in essence that's the reason it happened. for the computer 2016-date automatically = 4 SWUs, needs to be fixed manually.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EX PLT, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I hit my EXP re-qualification on December 23. Last week I checked and got the 8 SWU in my account.

Call on Monday they should be able to fix it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.