Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA Predeparture Beverages: When, What and Why not?

NOTE: Due to PDB service cancellation, this thread will rest until PDB resumption.
Older posts can be read in the archived thread here.

Post by brc757rr, July 2015:
Originally Posted by AA policy regarding PDB

Pre-departure beverages are expected to be offered on all flights. On domestic flights, customers should be offered a beverage of choice. On international flights with bonded liquor, we offer a choice of orange juice, water, sparkling water, sparkling wine and mimosas and will fulfill requests for non alcoholic beverages of choice provided that supplies can be obtained without opening bonded carts and carriers. If pre-departure beverages cannot be served because of operational reasons, flight attendants are expected to apologize to customers and advise that beverages will be served as soon as possible after take off.
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I was able to receive the exact language of the company policy from American Airlines today via Twitter regarding PDB's. I was actually quite impressed they followed up with me regarding a conversation that started a few days ago. I also received a nice note from Hector Adler who I also reached out to who said that pre-departure services were discussed at great length at a meeting late last week. Let's hope things begin to improve and if not we continue to press the FA's to follow company policy.
So there you have it.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did a little searching on Twitter. A good hashtag could be just #PDBServed and the condition listed before that. So, something like:

@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG No #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Full #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Limited #PDBServed

This allows all PDB service to be posted, good, bad, and otherwise. This should show AA that we feel this is a desired service. Maybe if someone gets energetic, a summary post could be done, maybe weekly?
Thanks to RogerD408

Print Wikipost

Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
12/29 DCA-CHS Full PBD
12/31 CHS-DCA Full PBD

Both times the FA hustled through the cabin and got everyone what they wanted. Snack baskets were sad, but service was great.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Last night MIA/TPA no PDB (LAA 319) and not much of a greeting. Although a double round of the snack basket in air, no second round of drinks. A little off topic some guy towards the end of boarding looks at the empty F seat next to me strangely and finally settles in. He leaves his BP on the table between the seats and I'm not looking per se but it says Group 9, Seat 9D IIRC. Throughout the flight he seems to be clueless to the operation of the seat or that he will be offered a beverage. Now maybe that was in fact his seat or maybe he poached. The FAs did not seem very happy to be working a New Year's short turn to TPA and maybe just didn't really care. Particularly given its such a short flight.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM Hilton Diamond Bon Voy Lifetime Platinum Elite
I had over 140 segments in 2018... I can only recall a few flights with no PDB's ... but on Flight 2277 from LAS -DFW on 12/30 We received absolutely nothing at all .. This was
also on a 787-8. the departure was also delayed by about 20 minutes which puzzles me even more...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA PLAT
1/1 BOS-PHX AA 2588
LAA B738
Nothing. Inbound aircraft was late and was being catered when we boarded. Crew didn't even bother hanging jackets but had plenty of time to snack and chat during pushback.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Jan 4 2019 AA841 ATL-LGA, full pdb offered as seen from Main Cabin Extra row 5.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
1/4 AA 2387 BOS->ORD B738

Well that didn’t last long... no PDB. This inbound is always late and kind of a mess. At least there’s the seat back TVs; I could use a nap...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
1/4 AA1660 delayed by 54 minutes with door open. FAs provided OJ / water tray prior to delay announcement and then nothing after. Chatting in galley entire time. Zero interest in customer service.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tismfu
1/4 AA1660 delayed by 54 minutes with door open. FAs provided OJ / water tray prior to delay announcement and then nothing after. Chatting in galley entire time. Zero interest in customer service.
please tweet AA about this
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:21 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Jan. 1, CLT-MCO, water and juice only (550 PM departure). Surprised because the PMUS crews out of CLT usually do real well with this. Then one of the FAs (who was very nice) referred to something that made it clear she was PMAA. Ah-ha, I said to myself.
Global321 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
1/6 AA 1251 ORD->BOS B738

Full PDB!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
1/8 AA 2379 RDU-CLT Project Oasis 738: I missed the upgrade but I noticed something I've never seen before. Large water bottles on each F seat. No other drinks though.:

1/8 AA 5070 CLT-ATL CRJ-900: Full PDB and drinks during a 20 minute ground stop too.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
1/13 AA 5637 SYR-CLT CRJ-900: No PDB. Lazy f/a who spent most of the flight reading a paper back book in the jump seat.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
When is AA seriously going to address this issue? other OW airlines have no problem getting it done, and I have heard from my wife (EX-DL) now EXP, that DL does it very well
its not as if boarding takes 10 minutes, they have time, but choose to occupy them selves otherwise.
If PDB is a level of service that AA speaks about, then do it please
Maybe AA can tell its FA, no reading/FB/Candycrush etc until you have served our paying cusotmers
(by the way, I dont mean to sound rude or mean)
Global321 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fotographer
When is AA seriously going to address this issue? other OW airlines have no problem getting it done, and I have heard from my wife (EX-DL) now EXP, that DL does it very well
its not as if boarding takes 10 minutes, they have time, but choose to occupy them selves otherwise.
If PDB is a level of service that AA speaks about, then do it please
Maybe AA can tell its FA, no reading/FB/Candycrush etc until you have served our paying cusotmers
(by the way, I dont mean to sound rude or mean)
Delta also prohibits their FAs from being on their personal phones at all times while onboard. They can only be on their company issued handhelds. No chances to play games or candy crush etc
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:13 am
Suspended

LGA-ORD 738 and full PDB and coats hung (I recognize our FA from a previous flight too).

DTW-ORD Skywest CR7 with 9FC and full PDB and coats hung

ORD-LGA 738 with seatback AVOD and full PDB and coats hung

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jan 16, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.