Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

San Juan customs / immigration from the Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club

I'm flying today PTP-SJU-PHL-AVP and my first leg from PTP has been delayed 5 hours. The good news is I had a 6 hour layover at SJU so the 2nd and 3rd flights should be fine but it's going to be a really really tight connection.

When I arrive in SJU do I need to wait for my bag and drop it off again? The gate agent in PTP checked my bag all the way to AVP but I'm seeing people in other threads saying that one has to retrieve their bag and drop it off again at another desk.

What's the procedure?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
It's like any arrival into the US, you need to claim your bag, clear customs, and then recheck it. It will already be tagged through. Then you'll need to reclear security. It's a tight connection, so hopefully someone from AA can speed you through the process.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Made it!

Both Seaborne and AA were really great. The Seaborne gate agent took me in his golf cart to immigration. Then AA had zero people at the priority security queue. The only thing that could have held me up was getting a secondary inspection at immigration. They seemed to be checking every other person in front of me today; fortunately they let me right through.

Phew. Going to make it home tonight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.