Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2016 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Anyone having some website issues today (March 1 2016, 1 pm Eastern)? Currently:
  • When I try to login to the Android app I get "server not resonding"
  • All my intineraries display the "technical difficulties, unable to display reservation"
  • And most worrisome, my SWU balance is displaying zero
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:16 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Same here

- Website won't display itineraries
- iOS App can't log in, returns "Server Not Responding" message
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:28 am

Yep, I am getting the same thing.
Also note: I have flown close to 70,000 EQM on QR/AA/AY and NONE have posted over the last week.
Also note: My EY flight is probably delayed and I have a super tight connection in JFK to LAX. Was going to check my options to no avail.

What a pain.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I'm trying to ticket a held award reservation and getting an unavailable error.

Called EXP desk and she said I don't have enough miles and that shes having problems pulling up my account. I hung up on that mess.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:42 am

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

everything is broken. kiosk didn't work either. had to see an agent for a boarding pass and it was a close call on the cut off!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AA
I cannot access any of my reservations, including checking in for my flights tomorrow and have a mileage award also on hold (that is expiring soon) that also cannot be accessed.

I am getting this message on the website and when using the app on my phone.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
AA phone number isn't even working (either elite lines or kettle).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
So far I've had issues with tickets not allowing check in that show as "ticketed" I call in and they reissue the ticket, which BTW is now taking from 45 minutes to 4 hours. After that I can do the OLCI. Also, I've somewhere along the line lost 3 SWU's I can only account for what might have happened to one of them. I down graded an upcoming JFK-LAX flight from FC back to BC, but the SWU hasn't credited back to my account. The EXP desk can't seem to see what happened, any other suggestions?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
So sounds like things are a mess all around, and its a wait until the dust settles situation.

Unless of course you are actually flying today...then good luck?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Tried booking a ticket today & gave up. Luckily I'm flying DL today although sitting in Y. Hopefully the system will be operational before I get to the ATL AC.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
At Kennedy -- check in agent says that the computer system keeps going up and down. Priority check in is a mess.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Hmmm, I tried calling the EXP#, it went on a "loop" but eventually picked up after 5 minutes, I though that due to weather in the Midwest things might be bad. Needless to say, it wouldn't recognize me, got an agent gave my FF# and proceeded with my quest. Agent mentioned that the systems is messed up a bit, she couldn't locate my reservations either, but I gave her the flight # and date and found it immediately. Take it for what its worth, but I think there is some sort of massive outage, OLCI does not work, kiosk check in either, website issues, phone app not working either. This might require its own separate thread to alert others of on-going issues at the moment.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (16 years), HILTON Gold, ZE Gold,DL Silver
I too have been challenged by this "meltdown" today. Besides not being able to access PNR's, I had the misfortune of AA cancelling a held award reservation that was booked yesterday for Europe summer travel at the "MilesAAver" business award for 2 persons. No reason as to why or how given....I was not holding any dupes. The EXP agent was able to restore the booking. I would not recommend placing any award reservations 'on hold' going forward with the upcoming award chart changes.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
can't login to my account on AA.com
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA
Seems to be back up and working now as I can log into my account and check in. Fingers crossed it stays like this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.