Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2016 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.

"Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."

Can't check in via app or online, anyone else?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
OK, I feel a touch better now. Had the same thing all afternoon, on and off.

Tried to check in several times. Each time, it would stop me, telling me to add passport number info in there again (when it was already there) and then would reject the info, saying it wasn't correct.

Though I was going nuts and went back and opened all the family accts, deleted and then re-added the passport numbers again, making sure I wasn't wrong. Tried to check in one final time a few moments ago and now its just telling me to check in at the airport! UGH.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:22 pm

I had a similar issue on my Jan 1 late morning international flight. Could not check in Dec. 31 using my desktop computer. Tried 3 browsers, still no go. Called AA in the afternoon and they sent me to tech support. Tech support could not find any thing wrong with my reservation. Told me to try again in 30 minutes which I did. Still no luck.

I finally reached out to the twitter team, when had me try a few things and then checked the reservation themselves. They said it looked fine too. Very frustrating.

About 10 pm I was finally in the same place as my Ipad, and I tried the app. It actually took me further down the process than I had gotten with the desktop but still no luck.

Ended up heading to the airport an hour earlier than I would have and checked in easily with the AAgent.

No idea what was going on. FWIW, I had no difficulty checking in on the return flight -- part of the same reservation -- on my Ipad, using the app.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Tried to book a reward on AA ORD > FCO In J....for September 2016 !!!
Every time I selected the business/first 'saver' upon selection the site deferred to
Economy anytime....tried THREE TIMES and got the same result....

Just another Disaadvantage by a Once Great Airline.....
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Come to think of it, it must be a major glitch. All our family members passport and tsa PRE info was corrected input into our aa.com accounts. I tripled checked all 4 acts earlier.

Then when I went to check in, after asking if there is lap/infant traveling with us, it asks for the passport info, DOB and date of expiry again (???) Then when I do input it again, it tells me half the info doesn't match whats on their system. Tried 3 times and now its blowing me off to see the AAgent in the AM. So frustrating.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Come to think of it, it must be a major glitch. All our family members passport and tsa PRE info was corrected input into our aa.com accounts. I tripled checked all 4 acts earlier.

Then when I went to check in, after asking if there is lap/infant traveling with us, it asks for the passport info, DOB and date of expiry again (???) Then when I do input it again, it tells me half the info doesn't match whats on their system. Tried 3 times and now its blowing me off to see the AAgent in the AM. So frustrating.
This is how it works. Prob not the best system. But it is what it is.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:36 pm

RIP Web Services

There is a glitch today with held reservations that disappear from My Trips and return an error when retrieved by record locator. Reservations told me "I've been hearing that all day."

I mentioned that Web Services was clueless about it and she confirmed that they had been outsourced. This is really sad compared to the awesome service they used to provide, e.g. that which inspired this thread: AA web service rocks!.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
My mileage balance is out of whack on the website.

On the front page it shows XX5,456. When I click into My Account, that same number shows in the left hand column and the right hand column for my available award miles. However, under the activity calculation my final balance is XX8,206, a difference of 2,750 miles, which not surprisingly matches one of my Citi 10% award redemption rebate amounts. How exactly does one go about getting this issue resolved?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by _kurt

I mentioned that Web Services was clueless about it and she confirmed that they had been outsourced. This is really sad compared to the awesome service they used to provide, e.g. that which inspired this thread: AA web service rocks!.
Yeah, I noticed this starting about a year ago, even though they were not talking about it (I may have even posted something here about it, but I don't recall). Every first-line person I spoke with had the same accent, which is usually a sign of outsourcing. It sounded like the Philippines to me.

Outsourcing and particular location discussions aside, what it does mean is that more experienced agents are replaced with those less experienced. I have found that, more than half the time since the outsourcing, the agent is even able to understand the issue, much less help. Not a language issue as, despite accents, the spoken English is good and we understand each other's words. They're just not getting the concepts. Even the simple ones.

Maybe...with time...but I'm not optimistic.

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I had an issue with a ticket (resolved after multiple long hold times) and got an updated eTicket & Receipt Confirmation with my PNR addressed to someone else (not even close and wrong gender). I wish "Z M" safe travels and hope my own personal information are not floating around in other people's emails. (My name was on the Receipt at the bottom and I was able to check in, finally, online).
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Earlier today, the list of flights on My Trips all showed Sunday dates for my trips the next two Mondays. I was worried I had misbooked until I clicked into them and they were correct.

The next time I clicked on one, it said it was faulty and would be removed - so it disappeared from My Trips. But I looked it up by the locator and all was fine, and it was back on my list, with the correct dates.

I was looking to update my seats, in coach of a 332, and it gave a me a choice of seats in a layout of 1-2-1 and only 4 rows. When I selected and saved, it replied with "Our system is having trouble."

An hour later, all was back to normal.

Last edited by CPRich; Feb 5, 2016 at 8:03 am
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Anyone else when going to AA or app and clicking on a reservation, if it was made by a non AA third party the trip will just say it is removed from reservations list?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes - see the post directly above. I looked it up by record locator and it re-appeared on the My Trips list.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by _kurt
This is really sad compared to the awesome service they used to provide, e.g. that which inspired this thread: AA web service rocks!.
Agreed. I had a held reservation that kept alternating between prices and never allowing me to buy it (it would increase over the hold price, then drop, then increase....). I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, and they were able to verify it and just sold me the lower fare by phone. This time, it took 20 minutes and then they transferred me to the EXP desk who could only sell the higher fare.

I know it's just two data points with other variables (different reps, different itineraries, maybe a different underlying problem), but I wasn't happy about spending more money and wasting the time on the phone.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:48 pm

On my OGG-DFW flight recently, I got a notification of a seat reassignment, from 10A to 24A. This was due to an equipment change to the refurbished 767 with only two rows of MCE. I could see that 21J was open, but when I tried to change seats on the app, I received the message that I had to check in first. However, I had already checked in the night before. I did have a pending upgrade request (that wasn't going to go through, due to a sold out J), making me wonder if that's what caused that problem.

When I called in to get a seat reassignment, the agent couldn't see the new equipment change and said I was still in 10A. Coincidentally, this also happened on my outgoing flight. I was on a 757 and the equipment was changed to a different seating configuration. Again, when I called in, the agent couldn't see any issue and said I was in my originally assigned seat.

Fortunately, I was able to get a better seat when checking in at the airport on both occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.