FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1734392-archive-aa-oso-irops-irrops-delay-cancelation-etc-resources-thru-2019-a.html)

brewdog11 Oct 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Resident (Post 25616049)
Return leg of today's flight was cancelled due to mechanical issue. Re-booking options offered would not have gotten us home in time for work tomorrow (next flight in about 24 hours), so I made other arrangements (namely, a very long drive). I requested a refund for the cancelled return leg online. If a refund is granted, does that preclude a request for original routing credit EQM? My sense is yes, but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

I've had success with getting both a refund and ORC in the past. It should work, but if you get someone unwilling to do it just HUCA.

oysterhead43 Nov 2, 2015 7:47 am

I was caught in the hell of Oct 22-23 at DFW. Was connecting to BNA from SFO. Ended up bailing on AA and SWA took me home from Love. Just called and was provided an ORC for the DFW-BNA leg by a very nice agent. Even got her name and will send an Excellent Service certificate.

Was critical for me, the points from that leg will push me to EXP after my trip this week . Otherwise would have had to wait for trip in a few weeks.

Also, a partial credit/refund for that leg is already being processed (supposedly).

JDiver Nov 2, 2015 8:02 am

Originally Posted by oysterhead43 (Post 25650832)
I was caught in the hell of Oct 22-23 at DFW. Was connecting to BNA from SFO. Ended up bailing on AA and SWA took me home from Love. Just called and was provided an ORC for the DFW-BNA leg by a very nice agent. Even got her name and will send an Excellent Service certificate.

Was critical for me, the points from that leg will push me to EXP after my trip this week . Otherwise would have had to wait for trip in a few weeks.

Also, a partial credit/refund for that leg is already being processed (supposedly).

Thanks for posting this.

We were affected by the aftermath of the debacle - October 30, we waited quite some time for a replacement for a "no show" F.A. (many aircrew had "timed out" at the end of month), and flights later than ours were canceled. At least two moderators traveling to our annual moderator training were caught and were forced to RON and take a flight on Saturday that forced them into missing part of our training.

These weather debacles can have effects that carry on longer than we think.

oysterhead43 Nov 2, 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 25650911)
, we waited quite some time for a replacement for a "no show" F.A. (many aircrew had "timed out" at the end of month), and flights later than ours were canceled

These weather debacles can have effects that carry on longer than we think.

Geez, didn't realize FAA imposed a monthly time limit too (thought it was only daily). Timing out was a primary issue during the Oct 22 -23 debacle. In fact, on SWA I had a flight actually return to gate from tarmac after timing out due to the log jam on the runway. People on the flight actually started crying.

But SWA is a solid company - they sent everyone on the flight a $150 credit to say sorry. They handled the whole situation 100x better than AA. Too bad they don't have F.

yngdiego Nov 6, 2015 1:50 pm

I was caught in the Oct 30 DFW mess. Traveling DCA-DFW-SAN. First flight DCA-DFW was cancelled due to weather. A few hours later I was on DCA-DFW but got diverted to Little Rock due to running out of fuel. Upon landing (around 9PM) we had a mechanical problem. No water in one lav.

We sat on the TARMAC for 3 hours waiting for a maintenance person to fix the one lav. No dice. So we pulled into a gate and unloaded (now midnight). By 12:30 I had had it, and ditched AA and got a room in a hotel and called my travel agent to book me on UAL the next morning.

Complained to AA via web site and got 15,000 AA miles. I had asked for original routing credit, but that was ignored. I just called AA, and spoke to a nice woman that said she put in ORC on my account for the DFW-SAN leg.

AA hardly communicated about the mess. The flight did finally leave at 2AM from LIT to DFW, arriving about 3AM in DFW. That's 5 hours of waiting in LIT to fix a lav water problem!!

Passengers were quite unhappy about the whole situation, and lack of communication.

mzx Nov 12, 2015 5:55 pm

AA953 JFK to EZE Diverted

Anyone know what happened on Nov. 10th? Looks like it took off but then returned to JFK.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...259Z/KJFK/SAEZ

the phoenix Nov 13, 2015 9:49 am

Im trying to familiarize myself with when to use either of these numbers.. By that I mean, do you call if flights are delayed to mx issues or wx? Are these more appropriate than just calling reservations? (Not a status flyer)

Off Schedule Operations special numbers:

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 For those flying AA currently.

Equivalent IROPS for US is the Disrupted Services line: 800.200.9865

JDiver Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by the phoenix (Post 25707899)
Im trying to familiarize myself with when to use either of these numbers.. By that I mean, do you call if flights are delayed to mx issues or wx? Are these more appropriate than just calling reservations? (Not a status flyer)

Off Schedule Operations special numbers:

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 For those flying AA currently.

Equivalent IROPS for US is the Disrupted Services line: 800.200.9865

Is the US number operating?

In any case, OSO (many here use "irregular operations" and varied derivative abbreviations) entail widespread disruptions; that is the only time this line is staffed. If you endure a single cancellation or disruption, don't bother call the OSO number, because it's likely there will be nobody staffing it.

the phoenix Nov 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Much appreciated.

Tonys1234 Nov 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Want to reschedule AA flights to Iowa to Summer

My family of six are supposed to head to Cedar Rapids tomorrow (Nov. 21) which is under a travel advisory now. Fee waiver says you can change plans if "flexible to travel Nov. 20-23". I'd like to not go at all this winter and alter dates to just go in July. We used Barclaycard Companion Tickets to book all six tickets. Any chance they'll let me reschedule same itinerary in July 2016 instead? Already rejected by one CSR.

What's the best strategy? Should I wait and see if they cancel flight or just give up and cancel? Any advice would be appreciated.

view-with-a-room Nov 28, 2015 1:33 am

Nov 27, 1:18 PM, flight 2848, ORD-TUL. Flight departed Chicago without issue and turned around to return to Chicago after 1 hour due to icing issues in Tulsa and KNOWN mechanical issues with de-icing on the plane. The plane departed with the known de-icing mechanical issues per the pilot over the loud speaker on the flight as he announced the return to Chicago. And best of all no agent to meet the flight at Chicago and the passengers immediately scattered. The Admiral's Club staff were kind enough to de-passenger me from the now "delayed" flight and re-book me on the 4:40 PM flight. Oddly enough the delayed flight did depart at 6PM despite other options to re-book the passengers without the confusion. No one has a clue as to the status of the checked luggage. Sent comment to AA as not one to turn down goodwill points and miles.

End result, response via AA noting specific of the situation and 5000 bonus miles. (The customer service representative read the complaint.)

JDiver Nov 28, 2015 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Tonys1234 (Post 25747816)
My family of six are supposed to head to Cedar Rapids tomorrow (Nov. 21) which is under a travel advisory now. Fee waiver says you can change plans if "flexible to travel Nov. 20-23". I'd like to not go at all this winter and alter dates to just go in July. We used Barclaycard Companion Tickets to book all six tickets. Any chance they'll let me reschedule same itinerary in July 2016 instead? Already rejected by one CSR.

What's the best strategy? Should I wait and see if they cancel flight or just give up and cancel? Any advice would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, it will probably be rejected by others, as your preferences don't at all fall within allowances granted by the travel waiver / policy. You can try again, of course; and if the flight is cancelled you're home free as the trip becomes a trip in vain.

Otherwise, you'll have to cancel or re-book with associated change fees, etc.

JDiver Nov 28, 2015 10:27 am

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room (Post 25781442)
Nov 27, 1:18 PM, flight 2848, ORD-TUL. Flight departed Chicago without issue and turned around to return to Chicago after 1 hour due to icing issues in Tulsa and KNOWN mechanical issues with de-icing on the plane. The plane departed with the known de-icing mechanical issues per the pilot over the loud speaker on the flight as he announced the return to Chicago. And best of all no agent to meet the flight at Chicago and the passengers immediately scattered. The Admiral's Club staff were kind enough to de-passenger me from the now "delayed" flight and re-book me on the 4:40 PM flight. Oddly enough the delayed flight did depart at 6PM despite other options to re-book the passengers without the confusion. No one has a clue as to the status of the checked luggage. Sent comment to AA as not one to turn down goodwill points and miles.

Have you tried the app to track your baggage?

De icing sounds unavailable in Tulsa?

dgparent Nov 30, 2015 3:24 am

Uggh my flight this morning on AA was canned from CRW -CLT now instead of leaving at 7AM I am leaving at 4PM - they said it was weather / crew related any recourse ?

tom911 Nov 30, 2015 9:20 am

You could standby for the noon flight which has zero availability and hope for a no-show. Probably a little late to head to the airport for that (and if you don't clear you're stuck there until 4pm).