Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by chs225
Thanks to everyone for your advice
I did not know about ORC. A phone call to the platinum line, after a bit of a hassle and two supervisors(first said no because no ticket number, second said yes because she could get the ticket number) my miles were restored.
Thanks again
^ Another win for FlyerTalk!

Thanks for letting us know.

And the ticket number is crucial. PNRs recycle, ticket numbers are key. Usually in your e-receipt.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:49 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Well DFW is an absolute mess today and apparently was yesterday as well.

My DFW-PHX flight was over an hour late and I missed my connection to GEG, The magnificent customer service staff performed miracles to protect my flight to LAS (on another itinerary- GEG-LAS) whilst dealing with a system they aren't yet totally au fait with.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Hvr
Well DFW is an absolute mess today and apparently was yesterday as well.
Will be the rest of the weekend too, due to all the rain Texas is having. It was pouring outside my office window here in Austin earlier.

Just as an example, this BOS-DFW became BOS-maybe FYV-maybe SHV-maybe XNA-ok GGG-DFW today, and will get to DFW around 5 hours late.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1057

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 23, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:38 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Will be the rest of the weekend too, due to all the rain Texas is having. It was pouring outside my office window here in Austin earlier.

Just as an example, this BOS-DFW became BOS-maybe FYV-maybe SHV-maybe XNA-ok GGG-DFW today, and will get to DFW around 5 hours late.
Which is not good considering I have a LAS-DFW-JFK tomorrow.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, as a note, it is flying GGG-DFW with this distance, to go around a massive line of thunderstorms stretching from Longview to about Llano (about 60-70 miles northwest of Austin):

Distance Direct: 140 sm Planned: 639 sm

Flights to DFW (and DAL) from all over the southeast are flying south over AUS as well, despite AUS being about 150 miles southwest of DFW/DAL.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hvr
Which is not good considering I have a LAS-DFW-JFK tomorrow.
Best of luck, keep an eye out to see if AA announces a waiver, if not then try to switch to via ORD or CLT or even LAX if needed.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Also, as a note, it is flying GGG-DFW with this distance, to go around a massive line of thunderstorms stretching from Longview to about Llano (about 60-70 miles northwest of Austin):

Distance Direct: 140 sm Planned: 639 sm
I'm reminded of a trip last year with storms between LIT and DFW. I thought Flight Aware and the app were both joking when they updated to show a planned flight times of 3 hours to get from LIT to DFW (flying time generally around 50 minutes, taxi time who knows how much), but it wasn't far off. Thankfully I had decided to "waste" a sticker on a family member because 3 hours in a CR7 in first was bad enough, economy would've been torture.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Preparation, perseverance, luck and patience. Sometimes you need all four.

When I woke up this morning and saw the DFW weather forecast, I found the OSO number here and programmed it into my cell. I had flight alerts set for both my own flight IAD and my Mom LGA-DFW. The cancellation notification texts cam within 30 seconds of each other. Called OSO, got thru right away, and was able to snag the last seat out of DCA for me and a flight out of EWR for her. Both replacement flights were further delayed, but I'm in the air now and she's boarding soon.

Without the notifications, or without the OS number, or without the willingness to ask the agent about alternate airports, neither of use would make it to Texas tonight.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
I flew 2349 ORD-DFW last night (Friday 23Oct) and it was a fuster from the get-go. Not much of which was AA's fAAult, but it seemed that everything that could go wrong, did. Who expected two tropical/subtropical systems in the same vicinity?

First, there was no ORD crew to fly the plane, that was 45 mins right there. Then the route taken was convoluted to miss most of the WX.

We had to wait 25 mins off of terminal A because with all the canxs there were no gates available. Finally schlepped over to D, another 15 min taxi.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:59 pm

I have a rookie question about AA's re-accom policies.

In January, I'll be taking an evening LGA-PHL flight, and PHL-MIA-CUN the next morning. If LGA-PHL is delayed by, say, 30 min, what are my chances of the call center...
a) rebooking me on EWR-PHL that evening
b) rebooking me on EWR-MIA the next morning

My guess is that if LGA-PHL is cancelled or badly delayed, then they would happily rebook me on my choice of (a) or (b). But if LGA-PHL is only mildly delayed...then what are they willing to do?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:02 am

My 10/23 American Airlines flight 92 from ORD to DUB was cancelled because they had two airplanes that couldn't make the trip. Pretty sure the first one had something wrong with it and then the 2nd one they tried to switch us to (that just came in from Miami) couldn't pass the international flight inspection.

The flight was supposed to leave at 6:15pm and was officially cancelled at around midnight after a series of 30 min to 1hr delays. By the time we left the airport we should have been in Dublin. At one point someone started yelling and the police had to be called over. Also AA's Twitter was getting lit up.

This was our first leg which we booked as part of the Etihad Christmas mistake and would have changed our trip itinerary from 3 travel days/5 vacation days to 4 travel/4 vacation days. We didn't think it was worth it so we rented a car and drove 400 miles home from Chicago (we booked a separate flight to Midway earlier in the day).

American refunded my flight from ORD to home and I was able to get a refund for the ORD-DUB round trip. I tried to get them to pay for my 1st night hotel in Dublin that I lost but AA said that because it was an Etihad ticket, it was Etihad's responsibility even though it was AA's plane that wouldn't pass inspection.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:57 am

Well, that was a memorable trip!

Sounds like the aircraft might have come up with an MEL or ETOPS checklist deficiency.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Gotta say I don't know what was up with aircraft inspections at DFW yesterday (24th). The DFW-MIA 4.45pm got severely delayed because of some paperwork regarding inspections were not completed (the plane had been on the ground for hours at the gate!). The other MIA flight (6.15pm) also got similar problems and finally the flight I actually flew on AA963 got an hour delayed because of them forgetting to inspect it [started about 30 mins before scheduled departure!].

The rebookings AA handled excellent for passengers that wished to get off the delayed MIA flight, so no issues there. But I am usually impressed with how US airlines act during IRROPS - usually very easy to get rebooked according to your wishes if there are seats!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by skba1
Gotta say I don't know what was up with aircraft inspections at DFW yesterday (24th). The DFW-MIA 4.45pm got severely delayed because of some paperwork regarding inspections were not completed (the plane had been on the ground for hours at the gate!). The other MIA flight (6.15pm) also got similar problems and finally the flight I actually flew on AA963 got an hour delayed because of them forgetting to inspect it [started about 30 mins before scheduled departure!].

The rebookings AA handled excellent for passengers that wished to get off the delayed MIA flight, so no issues there. But I am usually impressed with how US airlines act during IRROPS - usually very easy to get rebooked according to your wishes if there are seats!
It's possible this is because the newly certified TWU-IAM Association (comprised of mechanics unions from both legacy airlines) to represent the mechanics in the pending negotiations with AA and some are unhappy. I've witnessed "paperwork" (the aircraft maintenance log, which must accompany the aircraft, be unexplainable delayed in being signed off and returned to the cockpit. I've also experienced what I thought were other unusual delays in securing and transporting parts for repairs, response, etc.

I'm not saying I know this is happening, but having experienced slowdowns, work-to-rule, etc. over several decades, this looks a lot like delaying tactics to show union strength and the value of mechanics.

Just for information, as neither this thread nor this forum are suitable vehicles to discuss unions, labor-management issues other than how they might be affecting our flying on AA.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: AA
Return leg of today's flight was cancelled due to mechanical issue. Re-booking options offered would not have gotten us home in time for work tomorrow (next flight in about 24 hours), so I made other arrangements (namely, a very long drive). I requested a refund for the cancelled return leg online. If a refund is granted, does that preclude a request for original routing credit EQM? My sense is yes, but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.