FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1734392-archive-aa-oso-irops-irrops-delay-cancelation-etc-resources-thru-2019-a.html)

JJeffrey Mar 10, 17 8:32 pm


Originally Posted by dwei (Post 28020595)
I am scheduled to fly on an award ticket, JL3 (JFK-NRT), on March 14. Is there anything I can do at this point proactively? I see some availability on JL5 on March 13 but is there a chance it will not get ticketed in time since it is the weekend and so close to departure? Thanks.

Ticketing runs 24/7. If you want to change to the day prior then I would do so. I've booked a JL award with AA miles about 4-5 hrs before departure and it was ticketed fine on a Sunday.

saaveraward Mar 11, 17 12:20 am

JFX WX 3/14, how bad does it look?, intl rebooking
 
How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?

JonNYC Mar 11, 17 7:54 am


Originally Posted by saaveraward (Post 28021498)
How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?

I'd say you're more likely to get delayed at JFK rather than AUH, but, at least to my way of thinking. not much you can really do at this point unless award inventory opens up on another EY flight

tlm_83 Mar 11, 17 2:56 pm

If this turns into a big storm, how late after it will flights be affected? Snow should stop on Tuesday night based on current models. I have a flight Wednesday MCI>LGA scheduled to arrive at 4:30 p.m. If travel gets disrupted on Tuesday, will flights Wednesday also be canceled?

The fact that AA is allowing changes for Wednesday 3/15 flights tells me there may be some disruption. I just don't know how concerned to be.

Spyder Mar 12, 17 2:20 pm

Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.

flyerCO Mar 12, 17 5:09 pm


Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 28027094)
Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.

Correct. flip side is if it was more expensive you wouldn't have been charged.

JDiver Mar 13, 17 3:44 pm


Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 27894118)
Post to attempt resetting the database entry for this thread.

/Moderator


ibrandsguest May 1, 17 1:05 pm

In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.

josmul123 May 1, 17 3:50 pm


Originally Posted by NYCommuter (Post 28253036)
In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.

If my understanding is correct, the PALL list for this flight will dictate the ordering.

As per:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ter-thd-2.html

All four passengers would be listed as involuntary standby passengers (RI#, where # is the passenger's status-- 1 for CK to 5 for Gold, no number for no status).

Assuming both status passengers are the same status (EP), they would both be RI2, with their order within the group being based on check-in time.

Both non-status passengers would be just RI, with their order again based on check-in time.

Status-upgrade FC passenger and Status coach passenger would have top priority based on check-in time. Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger would have lowest priority again sorted by check-in time.

The person who doesn't get on the flight would therefore be the last person to check in between the Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger

I'm sure JonNYC or someone else more knowledgeable than myself will be along to tell me why this is wrong, though.

JDiver Aug 25, 17 10:57 am

Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.

In part, 25 Aug:

If you’re traveling to/through/from:

Austin, Texas (AUS)
Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas (BPT)
Brownsville, Texas (BRO)
College Station, Texas (CLL)
Corpus Christi, Texas (CRP)
Houston, Texas (HOU)
Houston, Texas (IAH)
Lake Charles, Louisiana (LCH)
McAllen / Mission, Texas (MFE)
San Antonio, Texas (SAT)

The change fee may be waived if you:
  • Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
  • Bought your ticket by August 23, 2017
  • Are scheduled to travel August 25 - 27, 2017
  • Can travel August 23 - 30, 2017
  • Don't change your origin or destination city
  • Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
  • Change your trip online

NOTE: Basic Economy fare holders ARE entitled to reaccommodation on other AA flights without requiring B fares, according to recent announcements.

Look up your trip and see if you have the ‘change trip’ button to change it online.

Look up your trip

CloudCoder Aug 25, 17 11:55 am


Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 28735202)
Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.

Early Wednesday, I wanted to change my flight from IAH to Thursday instead of Friday. AA.com said it would cost $454 to do that. Later on Wednesday, their travel policy was published. Now the price to change (from Friday to Thursday) was zero dollars, so I jumped all over that deal.

On day of travel, AApp couldn't check me in. It said I had to check in at airport. At airport they wanted to see my credit card. As it ends up, I got a $12 refund.

I'll take good news in any format or dosage.

CloudCoder Aug 27, 17 11:16 am

Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.

ty97 Aug 27, 17 12:13 pm


Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 28742168)
Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.

IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.

wrp96 Aug 27, 17 5:55 pm


Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 28742366)
IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.

The runway at HOU is under water, as are all the access roads.

JDiver Aug 28, 17 9:10 am

East Coast watch. As Harvey diminishes, Irma is building. The Carolinas may be the ne t trouble spot.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:02 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.