Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Just closing the loop here. Mother Nature provided a brief respite int he storm at least in Chicago and our flight was able to get out on time. Crisis averted
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To preserve this thread for more urgent OSO and IROPS, we've moved compensation for downgrading posts to AA downgrade - compensation? [consolidated].

/Moderator
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: Free agent!
Received an email this morning advising that Winter Storm Europa may affect my upcoming travel plans (PDX - DFW - DAY). The weather here in Portland is fine for this time period but the surrounding states seem to be a bit of a mess. I'm guessing this is related to either not having the aircraft to operate flights out of Portland or that the storm may be too intense to fly through?

Winter Storm - Northwest United States and Canada
Information current as of December 22, 2016

If you’re traveling to/through/from:

Vancouver, Canada (YVR)
Boise, Idaho (BOI)
Bozeman, Montana (BZN)
Bismarck, North Dakota (BIS)
Fargo, North Dakota (FAR)
Eugene, Oregon (EUG)
Medford, Oregon (MFR)
Portland, Oregon (PDX)
Rapid City, South Dakota (RAP)
Salt Lake City, Utah (SLC)
Spokane, Washington (GEG)
Seattle, Washington (SEA)
Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC)

The change fee may be waived if you:

Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
Bought your ticket by December 22, 2016
Are scheduled to travel December 24 - 25, 2016
Can travel December 22 - 27, 2016
Don't change your origin or destination city
Rebook in same class or pay the difference
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Received an email this morning advising that Winter Storm Europa may affect my upcoming travel plans (PDX - DFW - DAY). The weather here in Portland is fine for this time period but the surrounding states seem to be a bit of a mess. I'm guessing this is related to either not having the aircraft to operate flights out of Portland or that the storm may be too intense to fly through?
I expect they are just emailing everyone traveling to/from/through an airport listed in the waiver. With holiday travel, they are probably using an abundance of caution and including everyone who might get bad weather in the waiver.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by ty97
I expect they are just emailing everyone traveling to/from/through an airport listed in the waiver. With holiday travel, they are probably using an abundance of caution and including everyone who might get bad weather in the waiver.
Still seems a bit strange since UA & DL's waivers only cover the Dakotas, whereas AA's includes the Pacific Northwest. Better to be safe than sorry but creating unwarranted concern doesn't seem that great, either.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Had a fun time on the daily MIA-LAX 777. 772 got subbed got the normal 773. Of course all the paid J passengers were unhappy. Going from the nice 1-2-1 to 2-3-2 and now being oversold.

I was one of the lucky J passengers to benefit from the larger F class. 8 of us got bump up. You could hear the moans when people boarded and realized it was the old J. Also no Internet of course didn't help anything.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Had a fun time on the daily MIA-LAX 777. 772 got subbed got the normal 773. Of course all the paid J passen<script id="gpt-impl-0.6932660620912105" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_107.js"></script>gers were unhappy. Going from the nice 1-2-1 to 2-3-2 and now being oversold.

I was one of the lucky J passengers to benefit from the larger F class. 8 of us got bump up. You could hear the moans when people boarded and realized it was the old J. Also no Internet of course didn't help anything.
I think you having something backwards.. The MIA-LAX-MIA 777 is a 773, so you are saying that a 773 got down graded to 772 in the old config? If this is true then those who got the really horrible J seats should have known something was up since they got a new boarding pass the rows of the 773 and 772 do not match. Having just went through this downgrade I was one of those who got stuck in the old J seats. Talk about big let down.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I think you having something backwards.. The MIA-LAX-MIA 777 is a 773, so you are saying that a 773 got down graded to 772 in the old config? If this is true then those who got the really horrible J seats should have known something was up since they got a new boarding pass the rows of the 773 and 772 do not match. Having just went through this downgrade I was one of those who got stuck in the old J seats. Talk about big let down.
You're right. I wrote it one way while thinking it another.

Most just thought it was a re-seating issue. What really sucked is that only those of us that knew to ask got placed on the list for the 8 extra F seats due to J now being overbooked. I would have been upset being EP and full fare business to get skipped over.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

You're right. I wrote it one way while thinking it another.

Most just thought it was a re-seating issue. What really sucked is that only those of us that knew to ask got placed on the list for the 8 extra F seats due to J now being overbooked. I would have been upset being EP and full fare business to get skipped over.
This is what happened on my flight, I was on a F paid ticket and was passed over. I got my refund back from AA.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
On an award ticket, if your schedule changes to a dangerously short connection are you able to request rebooking onto a flight without the same type of award currently being available?

I've got a connection to San Diego at LAX that has been shortened by schedule changes to 33 minutes. I think we'll need to get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 6. It's the last flight of the day to San Diego. AA is selling this itinerary on their site so maybe that's feasible if our outgoing flight is on time.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by maracle
On an award ticket, if your schedule changes to a dangerously short connection are you able to request rebooking onto a flight without the same type of award currently being available?

I've got a connection to San Diego at LAX that has been shortened by schedule changes to 33 minutes. I think we'll need to get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 6. It's the last flight of the day to San Diego. AA is selling this itinerary on their site so maybe that's feasible if our outgoing flight is on time.
Give a call. They should be able to make the change as long as the flight into LAX is on AA. If not then they can only do it if the low level award is available. I didn't think 33 minutes met MCT at LAX but even if it did I would never expect to make the connection. A brief delay inbound or even taxing to gate and you'll misconnect.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The minimum connection time, depending on the connection, can be as low as 25 minutes. If AA is still selling this as a through itinerary, then would suggest it is probably one where 25 minutes is the MCT

What was the connection time before the change?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The minimum connection time, depending on the connection, can be as low as 25 minutes. If AA is still selling this as a through itinerary, then would suggest it is probably one where 25 minutes is the MCT

What was the connection time before the change?
But the airlines "close" the gate at 10 minutes before departure, and they could not allow you to board, I wouldn't do any connection under an hour.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
But the airlines "close" the gate at 10 minutes before departure, and they could not allow you to board, I wouldn't do any connection under an hour.
Plus above requires taking a bus from T4 to the Eagles nest past T8. No way that will happen IMO.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Plus above requires taking a bus from T4 to the Eagles nest past T8. No way that will happen IMO.
Yes, I also don't understand this, if the airlines are willing to sell a ticket with a tight connection then those passengers should be looked after and made sure the connecting flight is held (for a reasonable amount of time) instead of being told, so sorry you missed your flight and have to sit around the airport for the next 4-6 hours for another flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.