Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by JDiver
For the FFN, just use ICAO etc. phonetic alphabet: Xray, Yankee, Zulu one two three four.
I didn't know that would work for the FFN like it does for the PNR. Good to know. ^
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Just wanted to say thanks flyertalk for all the good info about irrops. Got a google now notification that my flight tomorrow out of ORD had been cancelled, called the gold line with flight numbers and was able to get rebooked. Also almost no wait on the gold line right now.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

I have two separate tickets: DCA-MIA - GIG on AA, GIG-SSA on JJ. Agent in DCA checked me through to SSA. MIA-GIG went mechanical, and needed to be rerouted through GRU if I wanted to get there that day. AA (twitter, phone, and Admirals Club) all insist that there's some problem with the GRU-SSA reservation on Tam, and that I need to talk to Tam. Tam has no record of said reservation, as they still show me checked in on the GIG-SSA flight. Latest gem from AA on Twitter is that they can't see Tam reservations and that *I* have to contact Tam. any suggestions other than me having a panic attack when I arrive in GRU in the am, since no one from AA is willing to help?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:54 pm

So many go-around tonight at JFK

Some of them then diverted.
Watch AA2254 now, is it going back to MIA?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Considering the storm over NYC area right now was responsible for numerous tornado warnings in the mid-Atlantic and Carolinas earlier today, and NYC is currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, it makes sense. AA2254 appears to be heading to RIC. It wouldn't go back to MIA. BOS must be full?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Looks like they diverted to Richmond, VA.

Those storms which had tornado watches down south early today and yesterday apparently are raising some havoc up north too.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I have two separate tickets: DCA-MIA - GIG on AA, GIG-SSA on JJ. Agent in DCA checked me through to SSA. MIA-GIG went mechanical, and needed to be rerouted through GRU if I wanted to get there that day. AA (twitter, phone, and Admirals Club) all insist that there's some problem with the GRU-SSA reservation on Tam, and that I need to talk to Tam. Tam has no record of said reservation, as they still show me checked in on the GIG-SSA flight. Latest gem from AA on Twitter is that they can't see Tam reservations and that *I* have to contact Tam. any suggestions other than me having a panic attack when I arrive in GRU in the am, since no one from AA is willing to help?
Wish I could offer some encouragement, but reading that over a couple of times, that-- to me-- sounds highly, highly problematical. (Because of the underlined)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA1164 (DFW-LGA) was diverted to PIT last night due to the weather and won't leave for LGA until 10:15 am this morning.

What could be the reasons for such a long layover?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:12 am

AA138 DFW LGA diverted to Syracuse. I think this was originally suppose to be my plane from LGA to ORD. My flight ended up being cancelled.

AA never called me or notified me that my flight this morning would be cancelled. I was just about to sleep, when I doubled checked as I usually do, and saw it change from OnTime to Cancelled. Waited about 1.5 hours for Call Back.

In the end, AA was pretty accommodating in the flights I wanted. Was able to switch twice since after I hung up, I was able to find availability on another flight.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Wish I could offer some encouragement, but reading that over a couple of times, that-- to me-- sounds highly, highly problematical. (Because of the underlined)
Well yes, if I didn't think there was a problem I wouldn't have posted. Unfortunately there were no legal connections through GIG, and this is what AA gave me. Made it to GRU now, hopefully someone can help here, or travel insurance.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:13 am
Suspended

Well yes, if I didn't think there was a problem I wouldn't have posted. Unfortunately there were no legal connections through GIG, and this is what AA gave me. Made it to GRU now, hopefully someone can help here, or travel insurance.
The latter.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
AA1164 (DFW-LGA) was diverted to PIT last night due to the weather and won't leave for LGA until 10:15 am this morning.

What could be the reasons for such a long layover?
Probably crew rest. You were anxious to get back up in the air after the roller coaster rides last night? I landed at LGA just before 8pm last evening on a UA flight from Denver - it's been a long time since I had a white knuckle landing like that one.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:18 pm

The latter.
Fortunately you were very wrong. My bag is in GIG, but the AA desk at GRU put me on a Gol flight from GRU to SSA pretty easily. I wasted 20 mins going to TAM first alas

The answer that I was looking for, for others, is that apparently the AA airport desk has much easier ability rebook you after you've misconnected than it does before
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Fortunately you were very wrong..
I certainly was not wrong in ANY way, I was saying no one -here- could help you with this situation-- and I was 100% correct about that. As usual.

You're welcome.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:13 pm

Fortunately you were very wrong..
I certainly was not wrong in ANY way, I was saying no one -here- could help you with this situation-- and I was 100% correct about that. As usual.

You're welcome.
Well insisting that I would need to rely on my travel insurance was wrong, no?
I obviously wasn't expecting a FTer to rebook me, but if someone had had experience and said "the AA staff on the ground in GRU will be able to help," that would have been the help I was asking for.
I'm not sure what value you added besides basically saying -- incorrectly -- I was screwed.

For future travelers, many of the things you underlined as problems appear not to be problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.