Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Dec 26, 15, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Feb 5, 15, 8:34 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,078
Why were YUL-LGA and LGA-YUL both cancelled hours in advance due to air traffic controller issues? American Airlines seems to be cancelling a lot of flights preemptively
DealAddict is offline  
Old Feb 7, 15, 11:23 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 1,737
Northeast travel policy now posted for the snowstorm.
djibouti is offline  
Old Feb 8, 15, 2:11 pm
  #18  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,953
Originally Posted by djibouti View Post
Northeast travel policy now posted for the snowstorm.
And there's a significant "Pineapple Express" hitting the west coast from YVR to fickle SFO.
JDiver is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 2:36 pm
  #19  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,953
Already many cancellations in BOS and all NYC airports. Fewer mid-Atlantic.
JDiver is offline  
Old Feb 13, 15, 11:20 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CT
Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Posts: 165
I am scheduled to travel EWR-MIA on Sunday. I noticed AA just posted a weather waiver. I'd much rather change to LGA or JFK - MIA now as I will have more optionality if my original flight is delayed/cancelled, however the EXP desk would not let me switch departure airports. Has anyone had luck getting AA to change to a co-terminal airport in the event of a weather waiver?
nickp7286 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 15, 9:39 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Posts: 2,793
Originally Posted by nickp7286 View Post
I am scheduled to travel EWR-MIA on Sunday. I noticed AA just posted a weather waiver. I'd much rather change to LGA or JFK - MIA now as I will have more optionality if my original flight is delayed/cancelled, however the EXP desk would not let me switch departure airports. Has anyone had luck getting AA to change to a co-terminal airport in the event of a weather waiver?
Yes but going the other way. I had a LGA DFW ONT canceled due to DFW weather that upon my suggestion reroute me to JFK LAX. No fare difference and I went F to F. I'm in NY now, and it's not snowing and there is no wind. Tomorrow is a different story - and it's more the wind than the snow. LGA will be worse than EWR. Consider Allentown or Philly, although likely on AA operated by US and a connection.

Edit - as of 630am EST between 100-135 flights have been cancelled at each of LGA/JFK/EWR have been cancelled for travel 15 February. Per WCBS TV. Very gusty winds. Not much snow.

Last edited by george 3; Feb 15, 15 at 5:39 am
george 3 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 6:45 pm
  #22  
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Benicia CA
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Posts: 31,845
CBSDFW @CBSDFW 44m 44 minutes ago
#BREAKING: @AmericanAir cancels 961 flights tomorrow ahead of #DFWwx

AA travel waiver posted for DFW:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...avelAlerts.jsp
tom911 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 6:47 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,498
At this point - getting through to the EXP line is impossible. Been on hold for 1.5 hour already.

Finally AA answered EXP line - agent says I was on hold for 180 minutes (3 hours).

Last edited by cova; Feb 22, 15 at 8:52 pm
cova is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 7:22 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14
The recorded message is now "over 2 hours".
Nicholas Bedworth is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 10:13 pm
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA
Posts: 13,203
They just pulled the cots and blankets out into the terminals at DFW.
wrp96 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 15, 10:44 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WAS
Posts: 2,970
About to go HKG-DFW-BOS. Of the 6 DFW-BOS flights on Monday (23 Feb), only mine hasn't been canceled so far. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Called in to try switching to CX or JL, but no availability to be had.
cmn.jcs is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 6:06 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Posts: 4,932
Was on a full AA 90 (ORD-LHR) when it went mechanical (as it often does).
Agents (both at the gate and in the FL) were having trouble finding available re-booking options, with weather taking New York and Dallas off the table, and were advising people to call the EXP desk. Those calling the desk were told they'd be on hold for an hour or more.

The 17:10pm BA flight, originally half full, was filled with AA re-books within minutes.

Must have been a very busy day for those working the AA res numbers...
skye1 is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 12:38 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,498
Made it from DCA to DFW this morning - my later flight was cancelled.

But I can say that the runways and taxi ways are a sheet of ice. I guess they don't have salt in Texas.

The captain said (on exiting) the plane ahead was sliding around. And what a sight to see a 77W take off with all the ice/snow blast.

Airport pretty quiet. Only place busy is the American Express lounge.

Looks like about 2/3 of the flights are cancelled.
cova is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 12:56 pm
  #29  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,953
Originally Posted by skye1 View Post
Was on a full AA 90 (ORD-LHR) when it went mechanical (as it often does).
Agents (both at the gate and in the FL) were having trouble finding available re-booking options, with weather taking New York and Dallas off the table, and were advising people to call the EXP desk. Those calling the desk were told they'd be on hold for an hour or more.

The 17:10pm BA flight, originally half full, was filled with AA re-books within minutes.

Must have been a very busy day for those working the AA res numbers...
Don't forget the OSO number in the wiki at times like this.
JDiver is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:49 am
  #30  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Posts: 14,180
I'm scheduled tomorrow 2/26 JAC-DFW. My GF is flying JAC-DFW-CLT.

Both DFW and CLT are included in the latest advisory:
On the following dates: February 25 - 26, 2015
And your ticket was issued no later than: February 24, 2015
You may travel: February 25, 2015 - March 1, 2015
Original inventory required? No
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No
I'm optimistic about the JAC-DFW leg, but CLT is forecast for 4-8" overnight. And even if the flight operates, she lives in a neighborhood that doesn't get plowed, up a hill, and might not be able to get home from the airport.

What might make sense would be for her to fly JAC-DFW with me as booked, but push the DFW-CLT leg until Friday. But does the rule
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No
... prevent this?
Any other options? Would there be more options if/when her DFW-CLT actually cancels? Would the gate agent at JAC be able to handle the rebooking, or would we need to brave the telephone hold waits?
swag is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread