Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA (Gold)
Weather Travel Waiver - How Far in Advance?

Looks like an ice storm is coming to CLT on Monday. Have a flight into there on Monday AM...would like to fly in Sunday afternoon now instead to beat the ice. How far in advance of a storm does AA normally issue an advisory and allow changes to be made w/o fees? Seeing nothing thus far...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: AOPA
Who get bump from First first

Aa684 had an equipment change after an hour of flying.

First class originally had 24 first seats, the replacements aircraft only has 12 seats in first.

My questions, who get bump to coach first?
Upgrades, miles....
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just keep looking. You're trying to predict AA's waiver behavior while AA is trying to predict the weather. That is not a good game to play. The certainty, breadth, depth and locations of bad weather will play into AA's decision.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
At RDU, flight to DFW delayed by approximately two hours. More than a few passengers who were connecting in DFW rebooked for tomorrow. Some were given a choice to spend the night here in Raleigh or fly to DFW and spend the night there. Hotel is on AA.

The gate agents were fantastic at handling the crowds!

The delay was mechanical.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Do you plan travel during IRROPs?

I'm interested in what other business travelers do! I fly to SBH via SXM for a much needed vacation on Wednesday, and I booked a 2-day business trip to DFW and BNA Monday/Tuesday.

Winter Storm Olympia is coming up the East coast and may, or may not impact my flights.

Do I stay at home and avoid any risk, or do I go with the flow and trust AA to get me to SXM on time for my connection to SBH?

To be clear... the two-day business trip would be useful, but could be avoided, but the vacation to SBH is important to my marriage

I spoke to the lovely folks at the EXP desk and they told me they would get me to SXM via MIA or CLT in worst case.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Monitor the weather and when it starts to look bad check AA travel alerts. Then proactively call AA and request options. I did that last week when a winter storm was threatening the East Coast (which never amounted to anything). However, don't think because you are EXP AA is going to proactively do anything for you, you are on your own for determining alternative routings.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:46 pm

Travel waiver in place for the current storms. On hold with EXP line with an hour estimated wait time, no callback option...
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djibouti
Travel waiver in place for the current storms. On hold with EXP line with an hour estimated wait time, no callback option...
That's odd - I had a callback that worked great. It wasn't very informative in the end because they just don't know how the storm will impact flights, but that's not AA's fault.

I'm the end, I'm going to fly out in the morning and play it by ear from there.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

1359 MIA-DCA cancelled today bc of weather after 1+hrs of wait time to defuel. Is that really a weather issue if we could have beaten the storm? (at least it seems like we would have made it).

Question: is it AA SOP to split PNRs on rebooking? AA is 2 for 2 in that regard with weather issues in the past 3 weeks.

cheers
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Seriously? DL/UA has NYC as part of their weather waiver, and AA doesn't?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My YKF - ORD flight cancelled day. Inbound diverted to YYZ. Wanted to get rebooked out fo YYZ, but they said the routing has to be identical if they do that (so YYZ-ORD-DFW-DEN).

THat seems pretty lame. The 6am flight out of here is booked tomorrow morning, so I'm stuck here until 3pm. As an american, that's not great as I don't have phone service. Unfortunate for me.

The gate agents here also say they can't add me to the standby list for the morning flight...because "they don't do that here"

YKF also doesn't do distressed vouchers. Looks like I'll be sleeping here overnight.

Found a way for it to get worse:

The cafeteria outside security is closed today, but the one (about 30 feet away from me inside security) isn't. But Canadian security won't let me through with my now expired boarding pass to get some dinner.

One last misc complaint - the voice recognition system for my aadvantage number is atrocious. I think I'm about 2/45 on it understanding me.

Last edited by BThumme; Feb 15, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by BThumme
My YKF - ORD flight cancelled day. Inbound diverted to YYZ. Wanted to get rebooked out fo YYZ, but they said the routing has to be identical if they do that (so YYZ-ORD-DFW-DEN).

THat seems pretty lame. The 6am flight out of here is booked tomorrow morning, so I'm stuck here until 3pm. As an american, that's not great as I don't have phone service. Unfortunate for me.

The gate agents here also say they can't add me to the standby list for the morning flight...because "they don't do that here"

YKF also doesn't do distressed vouchers. Looks like I'll be sleeping here overnight.

The cafeteria outside security is closed today, but the one (about 30 feet away from me inside security) isn't. But Canadian security won't let me through with my now expired boarding pass to get some dinner.

One last misc complaint - the voice recognition system for my aadvantage number is atrocious. I think I'm about 2/45 on it understanding me.
That routing rule sounds mAAde up. Have you contacted AA by phone yet?

I think the voice recognition bit gets worse during IRROPS. It either doesn't recognize what I say or recognizes it incorrectly.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by BThumme

They're making rules up, IMO.

If required to RON, ask your possible properties if they offer distressed traveler rates.

For the FFN, just use ICAO etc. phonetic alphabet: Xray, Yankee, Zulu one two three four.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Just confirming what others have said about proactively checking weather situations. Headed to JFK and after boarding, deplaned due to slotting issues with the earliest departure window 2.5 hours after scheduled departure. There was no notice before on time boarding procedure started. Pilot said something to the effect of not understanding why they even started boarding as this was a known issue and no surprise.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Seriously? DL/UA has NYC as part of their weather waiver, and AA doesn't?
Surprised me as well yesterday but the flight went OK, albeit three hours late. DTW-LGA-DTW, all on AA4224, 2 hours late getting into LGA (maintenance), 3 hours late leaving LGA (no open gate; incoming flight sat on the tarmac with what I can only imagine some pretty pissed off passengers). Eff it, I'm flying Delta next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.