Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How about trying a different country?

The Australia office seems to be quick at answering
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Here's the number for AA Reservations in Australia:

61 2-9101-1948
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"No, AA won't cover your hotel and meals in cases of force majeure such as weather, unless you are a high value flyer."

Are you sure of that, when a flight is canceled after being diverted? I would check the Contract of Carriage.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Alternate country is best bet. With DFW on ground stop due to tornadoes most of the evening, would expect that the on a good day stretched too thin US numbers will be completely overwhelmed and your two hour wait will end up much longer.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by guv1976

"No, AA won't cover your hotel and meals in cases of force majeure such as weather, unless you are a high value flyer."

Are you sure of that, when a flight is canceled after being diverted? I would check the Contract of Carriage.
AA.com may be misstating, but it does not show the flight as canceled, it shows the SAT-DFW leg delayed until tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, depending on how e4west paid for the airline ticket, he may have "Trip Delay" coverage from his credit card.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fellow members: we have some serious OSO issues in the US Midwest / south.

Please see below (from the the wiki post in this thread) for alternate numbers you can call in the US zig you speak other languages than English, the OSO number, a link to AA non-US numbers, a link to the AA OSO protection thread, etc. Good luck!

Other ways of contacting AA reservations:

Link to listing of USA other language than English lines.

Code:
Call us
Within the U.S.

Language	   Phone	Hours (CT)
English	          800-433-7300	24 hours, Daily
Spanish	          800-633-3711	24 hours, Daily
Japanese	  800-237-0027	6 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily
Mandarin Chinese  800-492-8095	7 a.m. – 12 midnight, Daily

Hearing & speech impaired	800-543-1586	24 hours, Daily

61 2-9101-1948
Link to worldwide reservations phone numbers on aa.com.

Thread with alternative numbers (wiki) that can be useful during IROPS: Link to "Long wait / delay / hold times for Customer Service / EXP, etc. lines" thread.

Link to "AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets" thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 27, 2015 at 12:26 am
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Thanks! do they have an aadvantage desk as well? I called the Australian number and chose "aadvantage" then it put me to an agent that wasn't aadvantage and transferred me, been on hold for 25 minutes.

Best,

faithwins
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by faithwins
Thanks! do they have an aadvantage desk as well? I called the Australian number and chose "aadvantage" then it put me to an agent that wasn't aadvantage and transferred me, been on hold for 25 minutes.

Best,

faithwins
Just phone and select that you want to make a booking. I have found AU reservations answers in a short time - you do not need an AAdvantage agent, just a reservations agent
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

61 2-9101-1948
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Worked like a charm. Only about a 2 min hold.

It was an EY booking, and I did know the Oz call center can sometimes see availability when the US can't, but I did not realize they would answer faster.

I had also read that they (Oz) have trouble changing award bookings (need to cancel and rebook) but they had no trouble changing mine (date change only, no cost).
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:34 am

We ended up renting a car and driving home.

Before we got off the plane, we were told there were several agents waiting for us at the top of the jetway to help with our travel arrangements. Well when got to the top, there was not one single AA employee waiting. However, we did find a few AA employees at other gates with about 100 people waiting in line at each counter.

So I walked to the priority desk and was told by an angry AA employee to wait in the general line of 100 people because the priority desk was just generally distributing hotel coupons to all passengers and no priority service was being offered at that time. Sweet.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was supposed to fly out MEX-DFW at 6am then connect into AUS at 10am
Both flights have been cancelled. Though I got in a later flight to DFW, landing at 10.30am, flights to AUS are full (but still not cancelled other than my original flight). Now I'm supposed to land at SAT at 5.30pm.

I'd usually sit and drink but I was supposed to land pretty close to my friend's flight and go home from the airport together.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I guess I could rent a car but I'm trying to avoid the expense and not drive through bad weather. I'm now hoping for the MEX-DFW leg to be diverted onto Austin...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mbece
Both flights have been cancelled. Though I got in a later flight to DFW, landing at 10.30am, flights to AUS are full (but still not cancelled other than my original flight). Now I'm supposed to land at SAT at 5.30pm.

I'd usually sit and drink but I was supposed to land pretty close to my friend's flight and go home from the airport together.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I guess I could rent a car but I'm trying to avoid the expense and not drive through bad weather. I'm now hoping for the MEX-DFW leg to be diverted onto Austin...
Weather is fine here in Austin, a bit cool but otherwise quite clear. It is fine at DFW as well.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
I was on AA1596, which was also diverted from DFW to SAT, and subsequently rescheduled for the following (Sunday) morning. Pretty dramatic looking out the window over DFW and seeing row upon row of aircraft in holding patterns against the backdrop of lightning and roiling clouds.

We counted six other diversions already on the ground when we got to SAT, and I'm sure more arrived after us. Predictably, SAT was a nightmare the next morning - our flight to DFW was scheduled for 8am, and we somehow made it through security by 7:45, but in the end we didn't depart until after noon. (And DFW, which of course by then was a nightmare of its own, was not our final destination... but I won't bore you with the details.)

Last edited by JonV; Dec 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by mbece

Standby for an earlier AUS flight, seats could open up.

ETA: There are 5 DFW-AUS flights today that are at least Y1 right now. (As other flights into DFW get delayed/canceled and other travelers who will miss connections get rebooked, seats open up)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.