Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dwei
I am scheduled to fly on an award ticket, JL3 (JFK-NRT), on March 14. Is there anything I can do at this point proactively? I see some availability on JL5 on March 13 but is there a chance it will not get ticketed in time since it is the weekend and so close to departure? Thanks.
Ticketing runs 24/7. If you want to change to the day prior then I would do so. I've booked a JL award with AA miles about 4-5 hrs before departure and it was ticketed fine on a Sunday.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
JFX WX 3/14, how bad does it look?, intl rebooking

How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saaveraward
How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?
I'd say you're more likely to get delayed at JFK rather than AUH, but, at least to my way of thinking. not much you can really do at this point unless award inventory opens up on another EY flight
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:56 pm

If this turns into a big storm, how late after it will flights be affected? Snow should stop on Tuesday night based on current models. I have a flight Wednesday MCI>LGA scheduled to arrive at 4:30 p.m. If travel gets disrupted on Tuesday, will flights Wednesday also be canceled?

The fact that AA is allowing changes for Wednesday 3/15 flights tells me there may be some disruption. I just don't know how concerned to be.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Spyder
Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.
Correct. flip side is if it was more expensive you wouldn't have been charged.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JDiver
Post to attempt resetting the database entry for this thread.

/Moderator
Old May 1, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.

Last edited by ibrandsguest; May 1, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.
If my understanding is correct, the PALL list for this flight will dictate the ordering.

As per:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ter-thd-2.html

All four passengers would be listed as involuntary standby passengers (RI#, where # is the passenger's status-- 1 for CK to 5 for Gold, no number for no status).

Assuming both status passengers are the same status (EP), they would both be RI2, with their order within the group being based on check-in time.

Both non-status passengers would be just RI, with their order again based on check-in time.

Status-upgrade FC passenger and Status coach passenger would have top priority based on check-in time. Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger would have lowest priority again sorted by check-in time.

The person who doesn't get on the flight would therefore be the last person to check in between the Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger

I'm sure JonNYC or someone else more knowledgeable than myself will be along to tell me why this is wrong, though.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:57 am

Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.

In part, 25 Aug:

If youre traveling to/through/from:

Austin, Texas (AUS)
Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas (BPT)
Brownsville, Texas (BRO)
College Station, Texas (CLL)
Corpus Christi, Texas (CRP)
Houston, Texas (HOU)
Houston, Texas (IAH)
Lake Charles, Louisiana (LCH)
McAllen / Mission, Texas (MFE)
San Antonio, Texas (SAT)

The change fee may be waived if you:
  • Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
  • Bought your ticket by August 23, 2017
  • Are scheduled to travel August 25 - 27, 2017
  • Can travel August 23 - 30, 2017
  • Don't change your origin or destination city
  • Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
  • Change your trip online

NOTE: Basic Economy fare holders ARE entitled to reaccommodation on other AA flights without requiring B fares, according to recent announcements.

Look up your trip and see if you have the change trip button to change it online.

Look up your trip
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:55 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.
Early Wednesday, I wanted to change my flight from IAH to Thursday instead of Friday. AA.com said it would cost $454 to do that. Later on Wednesday, their travel policy was published. Now the price to change (from Friday to Thursday) was zero dollars, so I jumped all over that deal.

On day of travel, AApp couldn't check me in. It said I had to check in at airport. At airport they wanted to see my credit card. As it ends up, I got a $12 refund.

I'll take good news in any format or dosage.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:16 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.
IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ty97
IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.
The runway at HOU is under water, as are all the access roads.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:10 am

East Coast watch. As Harvey diminishes, Irma is building. The Carolinas may be the ne t trouble spot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.