Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2017

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2017

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 26, 15, 8:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Mar 10, 17, 8:32 pm
  #661  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 5,418
Originally Posted by dwei View Post
I am scheduled to fly on an award ticket, JL3 (JFK-NRT), on March 14. Is there anything I can do at this point proactively? I see some availability on JL5 on March 13 but is there a chance it will not get ticketed in time since it is the weekend and so close to departure? Thanks.
Ticketing runs 24/7. If you want to change to the day prior then I would do so. I've booked a JL award with AA miles about 4-5 hrs before departure and it was ticketed fine on a Sunday.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old Mar 11, 17, 12:20 am
  #662  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
Posts: 1,375
JFX WX 3/14, how bad does it look?, intl rebooking

How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?
saaveraward is offline  
Old Mar 11, 17, 7:54 am
  #663  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,240
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
How's the weather looking for Tuesday for an AM arrival? Does it look like operations will be shut down?

I'm on a saaveraward MLE-AUH-JFK-XXX on EY/AA.

Happy to avoid JFK, but AA won't even contact EY about changes because O class is not available. Do I really have to wait for a cancel to rebook even though AA has put out an advisory? And then won't I be stuck in AUH for days?

What's the best play here?
I'd say you're more likely to get delayed at JFK rather than AUH, but, at least to my way of thinking. not much you can really do at this point unless award inventory opens up on another EY flight
JonNYC is offline  
Old Mar 11, 17, 2:56 pm
  #664  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
If this turns into a big storm, how late after it will flights be affected? Snow should stop on Tuesday night based on current models. I have a flight Wednesday MCI>LGA scheduled to arrive at 4:30 p.m. If travel gets disrupted on Tuesday, will flights Wednesday also be canceled?

The fact that AA is allowing changes for Wednesday 3/15 flights tells me there may be some disruption. I just don't know how concerned to be.
tlm_83 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 17, 2:20 pm
  #665  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA ConciergeKey EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 7,763
Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.
Spyder is offline  
Old Mar 12, 17, 5:09 pm
  #666  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 15,053
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Flights are cancelled into Westchester from ORD tomorrow.

Got a notice that my itinerary was cancelled, called into EXP desk and rerouted through LGA.

EXP agent informed me that although the new ticket is less money than the original into HPN, I am not entitled to the difference.
Correct. flip side is if it was more expensive you wouldn't have been charged.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Mar 13, 17, 3:44 pm
  #667  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 60,942
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Post to attempt resetting the database entry for this thread.

/Moderator
JDiver is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 1:05 pm
  #668  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Posts: 3,792
In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.

Last edited by ibrandsguest; May 1, 17 at 1:17 pm
ibrandsguest is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 3:50 pm
  #669  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FNT, but DTW if I can't help it
Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Posts: 753
Originally Posted by NYCommuter View Post
In case of IRROPS such as flight cancellations due to weather, when AA is trying to figure out who gets a seat another flight:

Is rebooking priority based on status? Or cabin (first class vs. coach)? Or fare paid? Or some, or all of these criteria?

All other things being equal, if there are 3 seats, and 4 passengers (following), who would NOT get a seat:

* Paid FC passenger
* Status-upgrade FC passenger
* Mileage-upgrade FC passenger
* Status coach passenger

Thanks.
If my understanding is correct, the PALL list for this flight will dictate the ordering.

As per:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ter-thd-2.html

All four passengers would be listed as involuntary standby passengers (RI#, where # is the passenger's status-- 1 for CK to 5 for Gold, no number for no status).

Assuming both status passengers are the same status (EP), they would both be RI2, with their order within the group being based on check-in time.

Both non-status passengers would be just RI, with their order again based on check-in time.

Status-upgrade FC passenger and Status coach passenger would have top priority based on check-in time. Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger would have lowest priority again sorted by check-in time.

The person who doesn't get on the flight would therefore be the last person to check in between the Paid FC passenger and Mileage-upgrade FC passenger

I'm sure JonNYC or someone else more knowledgeable than myself will be along to tell me why this is wrong, though.
josmul123 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 17, 10:57 am
  #670  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 60,942
Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.

In part, 25 Aug:

If you’re traveling to/through/from:

Austin, Texas (AUS)
Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas (BPT)
Brownsville, Texas (BRO)
College Station, Texas (CLL)
Corpus Christi, Texas (CRP)
Houston, Texas (HOU)
Houston, Texas (IAH)
Lake Charles, Louisiana (LCH)
McAllen / Mission, Texas (MFE)
San Antonio, Texas (SAT)

The change fee may be waived if you:
  • Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
  • Bought your ticket by August 23, 2017
  • Are scheduled to travel August 25 - 27, 2017
  • Can travel August 23 - 30, 2017
  • Don't change your origin or destination city
  • Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
  • Change your trip online

NOTE: Basic Economy fare holders ARE entitled to reaccommodation on other AA flights without requiring B fares, according to recent announcements.

Look up your trip and see if you have the ‘change trip’ button to change it online.

Look up your trip
JDiver is offline  
Old Aug 25, 17, 11:55 am
  #671  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,412
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Tropical Storm Harvey has become Hurricane Harvey, and has already begun affecting south / coastal Texas. CRP is closed, IAH and HOU are expected to have flight cancellations.

AA travel policy for Texas (and HKG) currently exists through 29 August. See here.
Early Wednesday, I wanted to change my flight from IAH to Thursday instead of Friday. AA.com said it would cost $454 to do that. Later on Wednesday, their travel policy was published. Now the price to change (from Friday to Thursday) was zero dollars, so I jumped all over that deal.

On day of travel, AApp couldn't check me in. It said I had to check in at airport. At airport they wanted to see my credit card. As it ends up, I got a $12 refund.

I'll take good news in any format or dosage.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Aug 27, 17, 11:16 am
  #672  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,412
Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Aug 27, 17, 12:13 pm
  #673  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM; AA EXP, 1MM
Posts: 3,320
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Practically all flights to/from IAH cancelled for August 27.
IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.
ty97 is offline  
Old Aug 27, 17, 5:55 pm
  #674  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA
Posts: 9,609
Originally Posted by ty97 View Post
IAH is now closed until at least Noon Monday (and I predict longer than that). HOU is closed until at least 8am Wednesday.
The runway at HOU is under water, as are all the access roads.
wrp96 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 17, 9:10 am
  #675  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 60,942
East Coast watch. As Harvey diminishes, Irma is building. The Carolinas may be the ne t trouble spot.
JDiver is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread