Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Who's online in the air? (Gogo and International WiFi)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who's online in the air? (Gogo and International WiFi)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 1MM LT Gold, *wood Plat
AA 1041 ORD-SJC
May be they should set up a GoGo FT Web chat thingy....
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
ORD-SJC AA 1041 ... yeah ... I could throw peanuts at you if you like ... whereever you are!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:49 pm

I am the exit row. Which way are you throwing your peanuts... I didnt get any .
PS: this is an MR so will be flying back on the same plane. Exit row looks a little shabby. the door handles falling off.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:51 pm

Gogo® Fly Facts
138 billion: The total number of miles flown by American Airlines passengers in 2005.

Couldn't find the annual number of passengers - would be interesting to see how many miles are flown on average.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cst2Cst
I am the exit row.
oops.. "in" the exit row.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Gogo® Fly Facts
138 billion: The total number of miles flown by American Airlines passengers in 2005.

Couldn't find the annual number of passengers - would be interesting to see how many miles are flown on average.
My WAG is about 750.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Gogo® Fly Facts

Originally Posted by dayone
My WAG is about 750.
How many members in the AAdvantage program? The number 60 million sticks in my head, but I read it here on FT so it could be wrong. I think most AAdvantage members fly every year, remember the miles expire if you don't have activity every 18 months, and most people aren't like us, they just let them expire. If that 60 million number is correct, and nobody flew but AAdvantage members, it would be 2300 miles average. But probably half the people who fly aren't members, so more like 1200 miles average.

I'm doing way more than that, so obviously some are doing a lot less than their share.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
How many members in the AAdvantage program? The number 60 million sticks in my head, but I read it here on FT so it could be wrong. I think most AAdvantage members fly every year, remember the miles expire if you don't have activity every 18 months, and most people aren't like us, they just let them expire. If that 60 million number is correct, and nobody flew but AAdvantage members, it would be 2300 miles average. But probably half the people who fly aren't members, so more like 1200 miles average.
I think that we were calculating different metrics. I was trying to guess average flight length but now I see that misread the original data point. I believe that your number sounds reasonable.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
AA697 FLL-DFW as we speak.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by jabrams72
AA697 FLL-DFW as we speak.
Have any new flight facts for us?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
I would have been tossing it backwards as I was up front ... I do like that idea of chat's on the plane though.

+-ADT
Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
AA22 LAX-JFK. Had PBS orange juice and now on my first cocktail. Just asked the FA if she's heard about the 4 drink cut-off that I read about earlier. She hadn't heard of it yet but is all for it. Said it may improve some passengers' behavior.

Tonight's dining choices are Poulet Basquaise or Four Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Creme Sauce. Sitting in back of J it's not like I'm going to get a choice. Wait, the "no eaters" in the front have allowed me to choose the chicken. Yes!

Thanks FT for the gogo discount code.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kinsale
PBS orange juice
Pre Beverage Service?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:04 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Pre Beverage Service?
PBS = Juice, snack, and Sesame street?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX Plat
AA 1041 ORD-SJC
May be they should set up a GoGo FT Web chat thingy....
FT already has a live chat feature. There just needs to be a gogo room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.