Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 11, 22, 1:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)

NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020:
AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver


Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 16, 8:04 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Posts: 283
$60k spend and 375k EQM's. All on AA metal in paid J (other than when re-booked on CX due to IRROPS's) all this years travel was on SJC-DFW-HKG / SJC-LAX-HKG. Not a peep of a CK invite. Now transferred all biz to CX out of SFO / LAX.
prw555 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:35 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Posts: 528
I think the one thing most people forget about is that CK wants to see consistent spend in the $50k-75k range. One year at $60k will not get you CK unless you go and get an AirPass (and even then I'm not sure if it still will). I'm sure AA would gladly forsake consistency for profit if you are spending in the $100k-120k arena. Just my thoughts.
ttusqrl is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:40 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
One year at $60k will not get you CK unless you go and get an AirPass (and even then I'm not sure if it still will).
2015 was $63k and 2014, ~$58k.... Apparently, I am not "profitable" enough
prw555 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 11:22 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Posts: 528
Originally Posted by prw555 View Post
2015 was $63k and 2014, ~$58k.... Apparently, I am not "profitable" enough
Then my guess would be that you will get your CK invite this year if you're really spending that much on AA metal purchased as AA tickets and no codeshares. For me, it took 3 years of a certain level to be invited, but as always see the disclosure below
ttusqrl is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 9:22 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
I think the one thing most people forget about is that CK wants to see consistent spend in the $50k-75k range. One year at $60k will not get you CK unless you go and get an AirPass (and even then I'm not sure if it still will). I'm sure AA would gladly forsake consistency for profit if you are spending in the $100k-120k arena. Just my thoughts.
Lots of good data points from you. I can confirm for 2016, $50k with Airpass was enough to negotiate CK. Bear in mind Airpass members are really quite profitable.

The thing that surprises me is the delta between base EXP EQD in 2017 ($12k) and the sorts of numbers people are talking about spending to get CK ($50-100k).

It's an example of how segmentation works, but also a surprise to me that AA don't offer a DEXP in the middle, at say $25k spend. Guess there aren't enough members to make this worthwhile.
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 16, 16, 9:02 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Posts: 2,590
Has anyone gotten CK outside the US without a US corporate connection? Airpass doesn't make sense for longhaul international really and given necessity of partner spend for other locations, it's a bit difficult to hit these domestic targets despite spending in this range on AA metal. Even my (former) UK corp travel agent had zero ability to even find someone at AA UK to talk to about this.
BobbySteel is offline  
Old Nov 16, 16, 9:08 am
  #52  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Has anyone gotten CK outside the US without a US corporate connection? Airpass doesn't make sense for longhaul international really and given necessity of partner spend for other locations, it's a bit difficult to hit these domestic targets despite spending in this range on AA metal. Even my (former) UK corp travel agent had zero ability to even find someone at AA UK to talk to about this.
My thinking is that by next year, there will be a lot more clarity surrounding all this.
JonNYC is offline  
Old Nov 16, 16, 11:09 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Has anyone gotten CK outside the US without a US corporate connection? Airpass doesn't make sense for longhaul international really and given necessity of partner spend for other locations, it's a bit difficult to hit these domestic targets despite spending in this range on AA metal. Even my (former) UK corp travel agent had zero ability to even find someone at AA UK to talk to about this.
LHR-JFK RT on Y-UP to J is $2800+taxes on Airpass. In my opinion that's great value for a fully flexible ticket. If you are flying 17 of those a year, you could negotiate CK with Airpass, I'd think.

Sometimes you won't find a Y-UP, and those times you could buy the lowest cost J on anyAairline.
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 18, 16, 12:20 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Posts: 2,590
Originally Posted by jmappleby View Post
LHR-JFK RT on Y-UP to J is $2800+taxes on Airpass. In my opinion that's great value for a fully flexible ticket. If you are flying 17 of those a year, you could negotiate CK with Airpass, I'd think.

Sometimes you won't find a Y-UP, and those times you could buy the lowest cost J on anyAairline.
Great for east coast but LHR-LAX not quite such a deal IIRC. Nor things like DFW-HKG.
BobbySteel is offline  
Old Nov 18, 16, 5:30 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL and beyond
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Great for east coast but LHR-LAX not quite such a deal IIRC. Nor things like DFW-HKG.
LHR-LAX $3920+taxes RT
DFW-HKG $5835+taxes RT

Definitely East Coast is the better deal, but the numbers aren't horrible, especially considering the flexibility. Really depends how much you want to guarantee CK, of course.
jmappleby is offline  
Old Nov 18, 16, 10:57 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: American Airlines
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Has anyone gotten CK outside the US without a US corporate connection? Airpass doesn't make sense for longhaul international really and given necessity of partner spend for other locations, it's a bit difficult to hit these domestic targets despite spending in this range on AA metal. Even my (former) UK corp travel agent had zero ability to even find someone at AA UK to talk to about this.
I apologize for going slightly off-topic but this is a REALLY good point. We had AAirpass and dumped it because 85% of our travel is Long-Haul international where buying a ticket THE DAY YOU LEAVE is cheaper than AAirpass. Wish they would fix that.

As far as CK, you can ABSOLUTELY get it based on spend even if you are not an "influencer". Don't ask me how I know. Although JonNYC or one of the other contributors may have insider knowledge that making it on spend alone is a complete outlier / anomaly. I will let them comment on that....

~TG
travelgeek1197 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 16, 11:58 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Posts: 528
Looks like I didn't spend enough this year to fully retain for next year. I just got a note in my inbox about extending my membership. Need 14,000 EQD between 1/9/17 and 4/9/17 to keep it through January 2018.

While that number isn't usually an issue, it all depends on travel schedules and ticket prices. Have to average $1,167 a week domestically since no international travel planned for Q1. Lovely!

Sounds like everyone should be finding out if they are renewed (or new) any minute.
ttusqrl is offline  
Old Dec 19, 16, 12:25 pm
  #58  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,733
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
Looks like I didn't spend enough this year to fully retain for next year. I just got a note in my inbox about extending my membership. Need 14,000 EQD between 1/9/17 and 4/9/17 to keep it through January 2018.

While that number isn't usually an issue, it all depends on travel schedules and ticket prices. Have to average $1,167 a week domestically since no international travel planned for Q1. Lovely!

Sounds like everyone should be finding out if they are renewed (or new) any minute.
Interesting! Just heard of another one where the offer/mandate was $10k EQD in the same period to renew CK. (Note that/these figures are for CK _renewal_ not first time CK, before anyone asks )
JonNYC is offline  
Old Dec 19, 16, 12:41 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Posts: 528
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
Interesting! Just heard of another one where the offer/mandate was $10k EQD in the same period to renew CK. (Note that/these figures are for CK _renewal_ not first time CK, before anyone asks )
$10k would have been easy. Oh well
ttusqrl is offline  
Old Dec 22, 16, 4:27 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Anyone else hear from AA on continuation of their CK status? Do they contact you either way (i.e., if you're in for 2017 OR if you've been dumped for 2017? or only if you're in?)
nschray is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread