Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Dec 18, 15, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Extraordinary1
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)

NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020:
AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver



Print Wikipost

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Mar 24, 23, 5:35 pm
  #2026  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: AA/CK
Posts: 43
Life is so weird. Many of us spend a lot of time and resources reaching for this invisible perch. In the end, you still don't get a simple hello or thank you for being CK when you check into something like the Chelsea Lounge (quelle surprise). There are some nice "perks" that are inconsistent, but where they win is when things go wrong. I always feel like I have someone at a phone call away and they have always sorted problems for me quickly.

My favourite thing about CK are the very special rare WOW moments, whether it's being called personally while you're eating in a lounge, getting a tarmac transfer and being in awe of being on the runway with the beautiful lights, or meeting someone whose amazing at AA (instead of hearing all the terrible customer service stories) and realizing how much many of them LOVE flying and love AA.

Yes it's some weird class system that I will never understand, and the amount of effort put into maintaining something that provides minuscule financial return to me is a mystery, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
2flyingmonkeys is offline  
Old Mar 25, 23, 12:35 pm
  #2027  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 251
International First Class Lounge at LHR is back open

I experienced the reopened lounge this morning. I believe it just reopened in the last week as it was not open when I was there 2 weeks ago. It's nice and quite improved from the previous lounge, but I still prefer Cathay First Class when in T3.
jimmygottfredson and GoBirds like this.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 25, 23, 1:46 pm
  #2028  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by snydert;[url=tel:35115897
35115897[/url]]I experienced the reopened lounge this morning. I believe it just reopened in the last week as it was not open when I was there 2 weeks ago. It's nice and quite improved from the previous lounge, but I still prefer Cathay First Class when in T3.
Thanks for the update, and good to hear theyve finally opened it back up again. Ive tried both Quantas and Cathay whilst its been closed. I liked Cathay First but found it to be quite crowded and warm the last 3 or 4 times Ive been there, so Im definitely looking forward to seeing how the new AA First compares to the other two options in T3.
snydert likes this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 27, 23, 5:44 pm
  #2029  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Greensboro (GSO)
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Posts: 6
Any new CK invites? Or only renewed so far?
ExPlatGSO is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 9:02 am
  #2030  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: MIA
Programs: Concierge Key, Marriot Ambasador Elite, National Executive Elite
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by ExPlatGSO
Any new CK invites? Or only renewed so far?
I have not heard on any new CK's invitations but also curious if others have. I am also waiting.
yellowcalliper is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 10:45 am
  #2031  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: American Airline EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 6
Flying BA Metal vs. AA Metal

Hi All-

Quick question: Do we know if when AA analyzes travel for CK Consideration if it views the LPs gained on an international AA codeshare flight flown on BA metal the same as it would an equivalent flight flown on AA Metal? Wondering also as it pertains to Jetblue metal as well.

Thanks, all, in advance.
Rapid is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 11:23 am
  #2032  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by Rapid;[url=tel:35129858
35129858[/url]]Hi All-

Quick question: Do we know if when AA analyzes travel for CK Consideration if it views the LPs gained on an international AA codeshare flight flown on BA metal the same as it would an equivalent flight flown on AA Metal? Wondering also as it pertains to Jetblue metal as well.

Thanks, all, in advance.
Great question, and one I have as well. My guess is that spend on AA metal is likely much more important in CK consideration, although I also suspect that given the close partnership with BA, including shared facilities at JFK, spend on BA metal may valued more than on other Oneworld partners.

Of course thats all speculation on my part, and Id love to hear from any CKs whove achieved that status via majority BA spend.
snydert likes this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 12:07 pm
  #2033  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Isle of Man/East Palo Alto
Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Posts: 673
Originally Posted by GoBirds
Great question, and one I have as well. My guess is that spend on AA metal is likely much more important in CK consideration, although I also suspect that given the close partnership with BA, including shared facilities at JFK, spend on BA metal may valued more than on other Oneworld partners.

Of course thats all speculation on my part, and Id love to hear from any CKs whove achieved that status via majority BA spend.
I was concerned about this (now that as an Airpass refugee Ill have to earn CK the proper way) and was told that, at least for TATL, BA spend is basically considered the same as AA spend as the JV is a profit share.
wutlol is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 1:52 pm
  #2034  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by wutlol
I was concerned about this (now that as an Airpass refugee I’ll have to earn CK the proper way) and was told that, at least for TATL, BA spend is basically considered the same as AA spend as the JV is a profit share.
That makes sense - and would also include Iberia, Air Lingus and Finnair, I expect, since they are also in the North Atlantic JV. Likewise, US to/from Australia (Qantas) and US to/from Japan (JAL) should be the same.
renila, Antarius and snydert like this.
davecraze is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 4:00 pm
  #2035  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Programs: All the usual suspects but mostly AA, Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton
Posts: 6
SooooLast week I reported I was notified (in writing!) that the nomination process was completed and that my CK status wasnt being renewed. Last evening when checking-in for a flight I noticed the date for CK status updated to 2024. Thinking it was a fluke I checked again this morning and the date was still there, and 2 SWUs had been deposited. Still have t received an email, but happy as a clam. Im toggling between somebody made something up when writing the email and they werent really done making decisions and they are going back through the list and reconsidering people.

Call me happy but confused!
renila, wrp96, donotblink and 2 others like this.
Seat29E is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 6:23 pm
  #2036  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: RDU
Programs: AA CK
Posts: 2,228
Originally Posted by Seat29E
SooooLast week I reported I was notified (in writing!) that the nomination process was completed and that my CK status wasnt being renewed. Last evening when checking-in for a flight I noticed the date for CK status updated to 2024. Thinking it was a fluke I checked again this morning and the date was still there, and 2 SWUs had been deposited. Still have t received an email, but happy as a clam. Im toggling between somebody made something up when writing the email and they werent really done making decisions and they are going back through the list and reconsidering people.

Call me happy but confused!
That's awesome. Happy to hear this for one of our FTers.

I'll share my story here as I prepare to update my profile from CK to EXP in 2 days... Much of my travel is Asia, where obviously AA network is reduced. I learned I didn't requalify and after trading a couple emails with the exec office, someone called to talk. The TLDR of the discussion was...
- We spent 2 months reviewing and making decisions, so there are no appeals or challenges
- We're sorry we can't get you where you want... but we're not going to just keep you as CK for if/when we resume to destinations you want to fly
- Yes we know we have codeshare and OW partners who can get you there, but we really, really prefer and need to see you on AA metal
- If our route network doesn't meet your needs, we understand if you need to make other decisions
- But could you consider taking AA to Tokyo (where they have a grand total of 2 flights) and then connecting? (Note: of course i would look at this, but not if it's going to add 10 hours to my travels)
- We still hope our EXP/OWE benefits are good enough to make your travels more pleasant, and our increased LP levels something to strive for

They did suggest that there may be an opportunity for another discussion in a few months once this round of dust settles. So it's decision time for me... take some trips which cost me hours of my life, or just let it go for now and (maybe) try again for CK once route networks are closer to pre-Covid levels.
dave_261 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 6:39 pm
  #2037  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Programs: All the usual suspects but mostly AA, Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by dave_261
That's awesome. Happy to hear this for one of our FTers.

I'll share my story here as I prepare to update my profile from CK to EXP in 2 days... Much of my travel is Asia, where obviously AA network is reduced. I learned I didn't requalify and after trading a couple emails with the exec office, someone called to talk. The TLDR of the discussion was...
- We spent 2 months reviewing and making decisions, so there are no appeals or challenges
- We're sorry we can't get you where you want... but we're not going to just keep you as CK for if/when we resume to destinations you want to fly
- Yes we know we have codeshare and OW partners who can get you there, but we really, really prefer and need to see you on AA metal
- If our route network doesn't meet your needs, we understand if you need to make other decisions
- But could you consider taking AA to Tokyo (where they have a grand total of 2 flights) and then connecting? (Note: of course i would look at this, but not if it's going to add 10 hours to my travels)
- We still hope our EXP/OWE benefits are good enough to make your travels more pleasant, and our increased LP levels something to strive for

They did suggest that there may be an opportunity for another discussion in a few months once this round of dust settles. So it's decision time for me... take some trips which cost me hours of my life, or just let it go for now and (maybe) try again for CK once route networks are closer to pre-Covid levels.
Man, there are some tough messages in there! Thats a hard choice to go out of ones way on the hope that it will matter. Whats hard to decipher is whether that out of the way connection in Tokyo would make a difference. At a minimum it seems that theres an answer to at least one of the questions weve seen here recently about AA metal v. codeshare on a One World carrier.
snydert likes this.
Seat29E is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 6:47 pm
  #2038  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by dave_261
That's awesome. Happy to hear this for one of our FTers.

I'll share my story here as I prepare to update my profile from CK to EXP in 2 days... Much of my travel is Asia, where obviously AA network is reduced. I learned I didn't requalify and after trading a couple emails with the exec office, someone called to talk. The TLDR of the discussion was...
- We spent 2 months reviewing and making decisions, so there are no appeals or challenges
- We're sorry we can't get you where you want... but we're not going to just keep you as CK for if/when we resume to destinations you want to fly
- Yes we know we have codeshare and OW partners who can get you there, but we really, really prefer and need to see you on AA metal
- If our route network doesn't meet your needs, we understand if you need to make other decisions
- But could you consider taking AA to Tokyo (where they have a grand total of 2 flights) and then connecting? (Note: of course i would look at this, but not if it's going to add 10 hours to my travels)
- We still hope our EXP/OWE benefits are good enough to make your travels more pleasant, and our increased LP levels something to strive for

They did suggest that there may be an opportunity for another discussion in a few months once this round of dust settles. So it's decision time for me... take some trips which cost me hours of my life, or just let it go for now and (maybe) try again for CK once route networks are closer to pre-Covid levels.
Sorry to hear that they were unable to find a way to extend your CK status for another year. It sounds like you were in a no win situation--AA no longer flies where you need to go, and codeshare flights are not as important to AA as we'd like to think.

I do think the part where they said they very much prefer you to fly AA metal was interesting, particularly as just earlier today another CK member here said they heard differently, that BA spend was considered essentially equivalent to AA spend, at least on TATL routes. It may be that both are true, but that the BA/AA JV is different than the relationship with other OW members, but I guess if nothing else it confirms the vagueness and lack of clarity that surrounds CK qualification.
snydert and Seat29E like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 6:53 pm
  #2039  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: RDU
Programs: AA CK
Posts: 2,228
Originally Posted by GoBirds

I do think the part where they said they very much prefer you to fly AA metal was interesting, particularly as just earlier today another CK member here said they heard differently, that BA spend was considered essentially equivalent to AA spend, at least on TATL routes. It may be that both are true, but that the BA/AA JV is different than the relationship with other OW members, but I guess if nothing else it confirms the vagueness and lack of clarity that surrounds CK qualification.
I think you probably got it right. JV where they split revenue is good. Codeshare where they get far less revenue isn't as good. And OW non-codeshare is nearly useless for CK.
snydert, GoBirds and Seat29E like this.
dave_261 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 23, 8:35 pm
  #2040  
sqw
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: SAF, DCA, and TYS
Programs: AA CK, National VIP, Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond & MM, UA 1K
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by dave_261
I think you probably got it right. JV where they split revenue is good. Codeshare where they get far less revenue isn't as good. And OW non-codeshare is nearly useless for CK.
I thought JAL was part of pacific joint venture - trans pacific alliance - which includes revenue sharing.
sqw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread