Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)


NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020: AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:53 pm
  #1741  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Isle of Man/East Palo Alto
Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Posts: 1,046
Originally Posted by pkfinman
Done through work so possible....
Confirmed this is simply the renewal email, sadly.

I wonder if I’ve got a shot at all after my Airpass one expires. My spend is pretty sizable and it seems I will project to consistently bank an additional 1m LP from non-air spend as long as the current parameters persist but my ability to fly on AA metal often is pretty limited.

It would be great to hear from any internationally based flyers who have north of 2m and say less than six flights this year on AA metal/AA ticket stock who get the nod.
wutlol is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:21 am
  #1742  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: AA CK
Posts: 85
CK renewal and Globalist

For those who are wondering about Globalist renewal - just saw my Globalist status extended through 2024. Only stayed at Hyatt for 50 nights or so in 2022, so the renewal is definitely based on CK and not by meeting the Globalist requirements.
HaleiwaFlyer and snydert like this.
byroshi is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:46 am
  #1743  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 12,071
Originally Posted by byroshi
For those who are wondering about Globalist renewal - just saw my Globalist status extended through 2024. Only stayed at Hyatt for 50 nights or so in 2022, so the renewal is definitely based on CK and not by meeting the Globalist requirements.
Same here! Could this be an indication that we have been renewed for CK for another year? My CK AAdvantage digital card still says 3/30/23.
snydert likes this.
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:50 am
  #1744  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,301
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Same here! Could this be an indication that we have been renewed for CK for another year? My CK AAdvantage digital card still says 3/30/23.
It's just likely a function of different status year-ends between the two programs. AA probably hasn't told Hyatt the list of who is going to be CK while not communicating it to members.
dave_261 likes this.
gleff is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:01 am
  #1745  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 12,071
Originally Posted by gleff
It's just likely a function of different status year-ends between the two programs. AA probably hasn't told Hyatt the list of who is going to be CK while not communicating it to members.
But, previously, my Globalist ended in March 2023.
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:29 pm
  #1746  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
But, previously, my Globalist ended in March 2023.
Mine did as well. Globalist now extended to Feb 29, 2024. I had very few Hyatt stays in 2022 so I assume my Globalist is based on a status match again.
snydert likes this.

Last edited by davecraze; Jan 24, 2023 at 4:41 pm
davecraze is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:37 pm
  #1747  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by davecraze
Mine did as well. Globalist now extended to Feb 29, 2024. I had very few Hyatt stays in 2022 so I assume my Globalist is based a status match again.
Same, and I had zero stays in 2022.
davecraze likes this.
snydert is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:36 pm
  #1748  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Posts: 836
Originally Posted by davecraze
Mine did as well. Globalist now extended to Feb 29, 2024. I had very few Hyatt stays in 2022 so I assume my Globalist is based a status match again.
I only had a few stays at Hyatt this past year, plus the Hyatt CC, and got extended as well. There is no way I will renew as a CK again after 3/31 as I only had enough activity to achieve Platinum, which is somewhat as a mute point since I am lifetime Platinum. I think the Globalist status extension is just the timing difference between CK status expiration and the Hyatt Globalist expiration.

I will certainly miss the CK status after 3/31, but will enjoy my retirement and, all our pleasure travel, much more. I do have 2 international pleasure trips, and one domestic, to enjoy the CK benefits before dropping back into the herd after 3/31.
snydert likes this.
robertablake is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:43 pm
  #1749  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by robertablake
I only had a few stays at Hyatt this past year, plus the Hyatt CC, and got extended as well. There is no way I will renew as a CK again after 3/31 as I only had enough activity to achieve Platinum, which is somewhat as a mute point since I am lifetime Platinum. I think the Globalist status extension is just the timing difference between CK status expiration and the Hyatt Globalist expiration.

I will certainly miss the CK status after 3/31, but will enjoy my retirement and, all our pleasure travel, much more. I do have 2 international pleasure trips, and one domestic, to enjoy the CK benefits before dropping back into the herd after 3/31.
Congratulations on the retirement!
robertablake likes this.
snydert is offline  
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:32 pm
  #1750  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Posts: 836
Originally Posted by snydert
Congratulations on the retirement!
Thank you. I am looking forward to a lot of travel strictly for pleasure. As am sitting, waiting for group 3 to be called, I will be thinking fond thoughts of all of you when the GA calls for the CKs to board. Travel and happy my friends.
HaleiwaFlyer and snydert like this.

Last edited by robertablake; Jan 25, 2023 at 6:10 pm
robertablake is offline  
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:34 am
  #1751  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,496
Positive PHX experience

First time coming through PHX as a CK, via PDX to PHX to HNL. Christy K. greeted me at the arrival gate, and provided a golf cart ride to the AA lounge and insisted to find me later on and take me on board for the departure flight. Even when the flight was delayed, she took me back to the lounge, and drove me back to the gate later on. Even though the delay was suppose to be 45 minutes, they started to board earlier than that. Once we arrived from the lounge, the boarding process begun and I thank her for her time, and was okay just waiting in the already present long line. She wouldn’t allow that and cut through the entire line, and got me to the front.

CKs are in great hands with Christy at PHX, since she just started out as a CK customer rep. If you get her, tell her the CK from Hawaii said hi. I provided her with online positive feedback.
Antarius, snydert, keyw and 1 others like this.
HaleiwaFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:39 am
  #1752  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Orange County, CA
Programs: AA Marriott
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
First time coming through PHX as a CK, via PDX to PHX to HNL. Christy K. greeted me at the arrival gate, and provided a golf cart ride to the AA lounge and insisted to find me later on and take me on board for the departure flight. Even when the flight was delayed, she took me back to the lounge, and drove me back to the gate later on. Even though the delay was suppose to be 45 minutes, they started to board earlier than that. Once we arrived from the lounge, the boarding process begun and I thank her for her time, and was okay just waiting in the already present long line. She wouldn’t allow that and cut through the entire line, and got me to the front.

CKs are in great hands with Christy at PHX, since she just started out as a CK customer rep. If you get her, tell her the CK from Hawaii said hi. I provided her with online positive feedback.

PHX CK folks are awesome! I connected last week through there and Debbie from CK was amazing. Very friendly and gracious and thanked me 3 times for my loyalty and business. Walked me to my seat on the plane and always had a smile. Thank you Debbie and thank you AA!
Sterlingman is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:24 am
  #1753  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Hampton, NY
Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Posts: 231
Any data points on whether CK will grant you access to BA Arrivals First at LHR T5?

Arriving on BA Club tomorrow morning with a 4 hour layover and a transfer to Aer Lingus so thinking of using the lounge to freshen up etc. Would be nice to use the "First" part of the lounge.
griffingrowl is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:26 am
  #1754  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 2,230
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Any data points on whether CK will grant you access to BA Arrivals First at LHR T5?

Arriving on BA Club tomorrow morning with a 4 hour layover and a transfer to Aer Lingus so thinking of using the lounge to freshen up etc. Would be nice to use the "First" part of the lounge.
I didn't know there was an Arrivals "First", but if there is, I imagine any OWE can access.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:54 am
  #1755  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 406
A little intel

I had a call with AA CS yesterday. They told me accounts are currently going through the review process for YE CK renewals, and we should start hearing soon. I was told my account was in good shape based on my significant spend and premium cabin purchases. I have high LPs as well and asked about that as a contributing factor. I was told that, for CKs, the primary factors will be the two aforementioned, less so LPs. The woman also mentioned that the ranks should be getting a bit smaller with the discontinuation of AirPass. FWIW.
snydert is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.