Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Does AA send out actual membership card? When arrive? Mine late! Etc.

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 10, 16, 10:54 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Where is my 2016 Status Year AAdvantage Elite Status Card?
(Consolidated thread.)

2016 Status Year (1 Mar 2016 - 28 Feb 2017) cards earned in 2015 may (or may not) not have shown up in some members' mail speedily.

The lack of a current card may create an impediment to receiving oneworld status benefits and prerequisites such as lounge access, priority check-in etc. Some will not acknowledge the photo of one's card in the AA mobile app, which is undated, and some have previously reported lounge access denied even when a boarding pass reflects one's status and frequent flyer number.

You can download the AA app for your smartphone from www.aa.com/app; it will show your status.

The 2015 status year cards issues thread (for status 1 Mar 2015 through 28 Feb 2016) may be found here.

The 2014 status year cards issues thread (for status 1 Mar 2014 through 28 Feb 2015) may be found here.

[/FONT]
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 15, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Just made EXP for about a month, I know its a little bit early to ask but does AA send out physical membership card?

I know I could get it on my phone with the AA app but I like the physical card ( I keep all my membership cards).

I read somewhere that AA is still looking for a supplier but is there any updates?
Old Dec 14, 15, 5:27 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Yes, they do send out membership cards. When they send it, is another story. We made EXP by June, and got our cards by mid Aug, about 2 months latter, if that is any indication. Now that the integration has been done, they are most likely swamped with all the ex US flyers elites. Congrats on getting EXP.
Old Dec 14, 15, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins View Post
Yes, they do send out membership cards. When they send it, is another story. We made EXP by June, and got our cards by mid Aug, about 2 months latter, if that is any indication. Now that the integration has been done, they are most likely swamped with all the ex US flyers elites. Congrats on getting EXP.
Thanks arollins, guess I will wait another month.
Old Dec 14, 15, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by jkuok View Post
Thanks arollins, guess I will wait another month.
I'd suggest waiting a bit longer than that. I requalified in mid-September, and no card. The only time I've actually had to use it was on an flight PHX to SFO I'd been placed on during IRROPS. The ticket had been printed by UA in EGE, and the GA wouldn't allow me to board with other EPs until I showed her the card.
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I requested a replacement card not too long ago. I can't find the specific reply, but I got the impression that I wouldn't be receiving anything anytime soon.
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, NW
I actually qualified for PLAT (and simultaneously Lifetime PLAT) from GLD in mid-September. 6 weeks later I received the congratulations e-mail from AAdvantage however, no card as of yet.
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Nobody's getting cards anytime soon. Apparently the vendor that fulfilled the cards has gone out of business (or something like that) and until they find another vendor none of us are getting cards.
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Requalified for EXP in early October still no new 2016 card.
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
Requalified for EXP in early October still no new 2016 card.
Same here. Qualified in September but no card as of yet.
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Just made EXP for about a month, I know its a little bit early to ask but does AA send out physical membership card?

I know I could get it on my phone with the AA app but I like the physical card ( I keep all my membership cards).

I read somewhere that AA is still looking for a supplier but is there any updates?
Just to clarify - you made EXP for a year and two months. Qualifying now gets you EXP through Feb 2017.
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K

Yes they do issue cards. It just takes a long time (6-12 weeks)
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sukn View Post
Nobody's getting cards anytime soon. Apparently the vendor that fulfilled the cards has gone out of business (or something like that) and until they find another vendor none of us are getting cards.
I called the other day to ask about my long-overdue card and was told this as well. The agent I talked to didn't seem to think that another vendor was likely to be found anytime soon. He also told me that I really didn't need a card for anything, and that I should just print it off the website if I really wanted one...
Old Dec 14, 15, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by whimsey21 View Post
I called the other day to ask about my long-overdue card and was told this as well. The agent I talked to didn't seem to think that another vendor was likely to be found anytime soon. He also told me that I really didn't need a card for anything, and that I should just print it off the website if I really wanted one...
I get asked for the card occasionally when I am in coach and ask for the EXP snack benefit.
Old Dec 14, 15, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by whimsey21 View Post
He also told me that I really didn't need a card for anything, and that I should just print it off the website if I really wanted one...
From AA.com:

"Download the American Airlines app to see your card or print it at aa.com/myaccount. Please note that elite status membership cards cannot be printed."

Has anyone had recent success or failure using the app displayed card to access a Oneworld lounge?
Old Dec 14, 15, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by sukn View Post
The only use, really, is to access OW lounges outside the US, such as LHR T5 and T3 "First Class" BA lounges, or the CX Excellent First Class lounge at HKG. That problem doesn't start before March 1st (this year, Feb 1st afterwards). But it WAS a problem last year already.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: