Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Does AA send out actual membership card? When arrive? Mine late! Etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Where is my 2016 Status Year AAdvantage Elite Status Card?
(Consolidated thread.)

2016 Status Year (1 Mar 2016 - 28 Feb 2017) cards earned in 2015 may (or may not) not have shown up in some members' mail speedily.

The lack of a current card may create an impediment to receiving oneworld status benefits and prerequisites such as lounge access, priority check-in etc. Some will not acknowledge the photo of one's card in the AA mobile app, which is undated, and some have previously reported lounge access denied even when a boarding pass reflects one's status and frequent flyer number.

You can download the AA app for your smartphone from www.aa.com/app; it will show your status.

The 2015 status year cards issues thread (for status 1 Mar 2015 through 28 Feb 2016) may be found here.

The 2014 status year cards issues thread (for status 1 Mar 2014 through 28 Feb 2015) may be found here.

[/FONT]
Print Wikipost

Does AA send out actual membership card? When arrive? Mine late! Etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I have been waiting 3 years since my last cards (EXP), given up
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by FlyerNuckie
Qualified and been granted Platinum status on July 31st 2019. Wonder when I will receive my welcome package with the physical card and luggage tags in the mail?

Feel like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive to drop off the presents........
Does AA wait until the end of the year to see what flyers final status is before sending out the welcome package with the cards/tags (if applicable)? I know AA sends out the cards and tags in the middle of the year to those that reach EXP, but wondering about the intermediate statuses?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Data point - Requalified EXP in May or thereabouts. Have not received anything yet.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Antarius
Data point - Requalified EXP in May or thereabouts. Have not received anything yet.
Wondering if that is because you are requalifying EXP as opposed to a newly minted EXP?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by robertablake
Wondering if that is because you are requalifying EXP as opposed to a newly minted EXP?
I doubt it, I requalified and received my kit very quickly. Maybe they do bulk printing (once a quarter or so) and that may determine the timing?
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Spire Elite, GHA Black, O.W. Sapphire, S.A. Gold, Skyward Elite Plu
Cool AAdvantage Plat Card

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Yeah, no luggage tags for Plat, I'm afraid, and haven't been for years.
Well I hope they at send out the Platinum card even though they don't send out the luggage tags anymore. Some lounges might want to see the physical card and the physical card will help out when applying for a status match
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by FlyerNuckie
Well I hope they at send out the Platinum card even though they don't send out the luggage tags anymore. Some lounges might want to see the physical card and the physical card will help out when applying for a status match
Your Platinum card should come within a few of weeks of you hitting the status - Assuming that you use your AA number on your OW reservations, I have yet to hear of (maybe it's done?) a lounge agent ask to see a physical the card for lounge access purposes as it shows up on boarding passes with the status.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
As a data point, I requalified on August 11th and received my packet on August 26th.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
i re-qualified at platinum recently and got another packet again. i'm about to qualify for platinum pro. hopefully they don't send me another packet. just send me one for EXP when i qualify in two months...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I qualified early August and received mine this week.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
- Requalified for EXP on a flight 11/27 which posted to my account 11/28
- New physical membership card and two luggage tags arrived today 12/16

Pretty iimpressive turn around.
robertablake likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CMK10
- Requalified for EXP on a flight 11/27 which posted to my account 11/28
- New physical membership card and two luggage tags arrived today 12/16

Pretty iimpressive turn around.
Pretty much the same...ironic timing as I won’t be flying very much in 1H and won’t be EXP in 2021.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just on a side note.. when my wife did the EXP challenge coming from DL
She went from Platinum to P pro to EXP within a 2 month period.
Got all the cards with in a 2 week period.
A lot of AA employees were happy with all the certs that we gave away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.