Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
My flight booked in PE for DFW-CDG changed from a 789 to a 772 both with PE. How do the seats compare between 789 and 772 PE. Nothing on Seatguru. Is Bulkhead still best for the 772PE?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:16 am

Also - the domestic economy segment of a PE ticket is now showing as a separate class (third choice) when you view the details in going through a booking, with the class being K class.

It could have just showed two classes for the domestic flight (Business and Main) and just put the booking K in Main. But it shows as Premium Economy K class as the third choice.

I wonder if this means in the future that PE bookings (non-Elite) would get MCE at time of booking?

Last edited by cova; Oct 15, 2017 at 10:24 am
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cova
My flight booked in PE for DFW-CDG changed from a 789 to a 772 both with PE. How do the seats compare between 789 and 772 PE. Nothing on Seatguru. Is Bulkhead still best for the 772PE?
A blogger reviewed the PE seat on a 772 (for a domestic leg), I'm sure you can find it. Seemed to say it's identical except for the 4-abreast middle section. Bulkhead comfort seems to be a personal issue depending largely on height and ability to use the legrest comfortably.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
A blogger reviewed the PE seat on a 772 (for a domestic leg), I'm sure you can find it. Seemed to say it's identical except for the 4-abreast middle section. Bulkhead comfort seems to be a personal issue depending largely on height and ability to use the legrest comfortably.
Thanks - I found the review. Very comprehensive with lots of photos.
I guess the difference between the 772 and 789 (other than 3 versus 4 in the middle) is that the 772 is directly behind Business Class where as the 789 is behind the restrooms and the galley. I guess quieter on the 772 in PE, but then a longer distance to restroom.

No curtain between J and PE on the 772, although I think there is on the 789.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
No curtain between J and PE on the 772, although I think there is on the 789.
There is a “curtain”.

Its the usual USA version of a “curtain” as found between F and Y on domestic narrowbodies.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
There is a “curtain”.

Its the usual USA version of a “curtain” as found between F and Y on domestic narrowbodies.
Then what restrooms does PE use - with curtains on both sides of PE?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EP
The Y bathrooms in the aft.

Then what restrooms does PE use - with curtains on both sides of PE?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
The Y bathrooms in the aft.
So much for staying in your ticketed cabin on inbound flights to the USA.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
So much for staying in your ticketed cabin on inbound flights to the USA.
Essentially, Premier Economy is a Y product (read: E-C-O-N-O-M-Y). I don't see anything wrong to use Y bathrooms even as I travel PE frequently on other AAirlines.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chongcao
Essentially, Premier Economy is a Y product (read: E-C-O-N-O-M-Y). I don't see anything wrong to use Y bathrooms even as I travel PE frequently on other AAirlines.
I would disagree; it is clearly a different product ; it is even taxed as such for travel out of Heathrow. ( read: P-R-E-M-I-U-M )
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EP
Just be cause it says premium does not mean you get to use business class bathrooms.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would disagree; it is clearly a different product ; it is even taxed as such for travel out of Heathrow. ( read: P-R-E-M-I-U-M )
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Just be cause it says premium does not mean you get to use business class bathrooms.
That's not really the point, I don't think anyone would suggest that.
The point is how asinine the FAA policy is requiring that passengers remain in their ticketed cabins, which is clearly impossible in this configuration but I don't think anyone with half a brain would suggest that this increases security risks.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:50 pm

Now in the case of the 789 - the restrooms are immediately in front of the PE cabin. I seemed to read that these are shared with J.

On the 772 - the J restrooms are in the front - so maybe the reason they aren't shared.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Now in the case of the 789 - the restrooms are immediately in front of the PE cabin. I seemed to read that these are shared with J.

On the 772 - the J restrooms are in the front - so maybe the reason they aren't shared.
Yes, the whole J cabin on the 789 is ahead of doors 2. Therefore, the J cabin has lavs just behind the flight deck, and also by the 2L/R gallies.

On the 772, the J cabin is ahead of and behind the 2L/R doors.

Thus, on the 772, from PE, one would have to walk through many rows of J to get to the 2L/R lavs.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
I noticed that the 772s refurbished with PE have been showing up occasionally on the Haneda-LAX route even though these aren't yet being sold as a separate class of service.

For example, 10/19 is a PE-equipped 772. Looks like the seats are blocked until check-in however, as some people have begun to fill some of those seats but the others are blocked on EF (and AA.com dummy booking blocks them all).

Has anyone been on one of these 772 international PE flights? Are they providing additional service, etc, and are these seats just opened up at check-in to EXPs like they originally did with the 789s before selling them as a separate fare class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.