Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
The upgrade award on CX from the Y cabin to PEY is one of the major advantages of their program (In my not so humble estimation).

Has there been any speculation on when this type of award will be made available with AA. As well it seems that the xONEx rules have not yet been updated to reflect the PEY cabin on AA.

I ask the above as I have a LONEx to complete sometime in 2018....

Just wandering

Fred
Doesn't look quite as attractive from the AA perspective, where a Y-W upgrade would be a devaluation to what is presently Y-J. I've no doubt it's going to happen though in the not-too-distant future.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gdam22
How "restrictive" if at all was the tray space by your feet?
Not sure I understand the question.. The food tray pops up from the arm rest and is what you'd expect from size wise. Enough to fit the tray of food served plus the infamous plastic up of drink .
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by scnzzz
Doesn't look quite as attractive from the AA perspective, where a Y-W upgrade would be a devaluation to what is presently Y-J. I've no doubt it's going to happen though in the not-too-distant future.
What I was hoping is that it would be "cheaper" than a Y-->J upgrade per the current charts and a whole lot cheaper than the US$950 as mentioned in the xONEx rules.

Just wandering

Fred
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
What I was hoping is that it would be "cheaper" than a Y-->J upgrade per the current charts and a whole lot cheaper than the US$950 as mentioned in the xONEx rules.

Just wandering

Fred
Fair enough...but it would still mean the elimination of Y-J if it becomes consistent with what the other OW carriers with W have in place
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Bulkhead footrests in PE are awesome. The pair of bulkhead seats on side are best in PE.

Based on experience DFW-CDG and return. I'm 6'5".
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Having sat in row 1 and row 2 of PE, I much preferred row 1 (the bulkhead). More space and the footrests were appreciated.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by badkneeski
Having sat in row 1 and row 2 of PE, I much preferred row 1 (the bulkhead). More space and the footrests were appreciated.
The fact that there is no seat in front of you reclining into your space is the best feature of the bulkhead row. Esp. if you're a solo traveler and want the window. Much easier to get out. ^
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Bulkhead footrests in PE are awesome. The pair of bulkhead seats on side are best in PE.

Based on experience DFW-CDG and return. I'm 6'5".
Thanks for this PE cabin review. I'm flying LAX-NRT 787-9 in PE next month and being 6'4" I normally avoid the bulkhead, but based on your feedback I'll try a bulkhead seat -in my case row 9.

You mentioned that the bulkhead seats on the side -in my case seats 9A,C / 9J,L (window section), are best. I'm curious to know why you prefer these vs the middle section -in my case seats 9D-H in PE.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
i just don't like being in the middle section. And there may be slightly more room between wall and seat on the sides.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
i just don't like being in the middle section. And there may be slightly more room between wall and seat on the sides.
OK thanks -good to know.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:55 pm

DFW-NRT Getting Premium Economy (PE) Starting Dec 15th

Looks like both AA 175 and AA61 are getting 772s with PE on the DFW-NRT route staring December 15th.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
I'm assuming the miles redemption is somewhere between economy and business?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
I'm assuming the miles redemption is somewhere between economy and business?
Miles redemptions for PE are not yet available using AA miles, but as the number of flights with PE continue to expand, I can't see it taking too much longer until we'll know.

IMHO, PE is marginally better than Y, but nowhere near being 1/2 the way to J. Paid price reflects this reality as well, so we'll see what the awards redemption rate will settle at.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:58 pm

NRT isn't the only route that begins to sell PE from 12/15. AA is installing PE on 772s, and by 12/15, 30+ 772 fleets (all 37J ones) will likely have it ready. That's when AA begins to sell PE.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...17-operations/
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
NRT isn't the only route that begins to sell PE from 12/15. AA is installing PE on 772s, and by 12/15, 30+ 772 fleets (all 37J ones) will likely have it ready. That's when AA begins to sell PE.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...17-operations/
AA already sells PE on 779 routes. Flew LAX-NRT R/T recently in paid PE..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.