Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Compare Old & New Award Charts Tool

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
AA Compare Old & New Award Charts Tool

For those people wondering how much an award has changed between regions / countries I created a tool using the old award chart and the new award chart for 2016. It uses the data from the AA website. Basics on how to use the tool are below, if you need more instructions scroll down on the the linked page.

On the dashboard view and map view. Select the From Country, Class of Service, Subregion (not always necessary), AA Only or Partner on the right. The difference between the old and new charts is indicated by the colors. Red are more expensive in future, green are cheaper (awards disappearing will be really green). Clicking or hovering over the country will bring up more information. The other tabs include the data in a table format if that is preferred.

http://mytraveltools.com/travel-tool...mparison-tool/

If there are any errors let me know I can update. Feel free to use the tool, I am open to feedback! Hope it helps people book awards before the March 22, 2016 date.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:28 pm

Awesome. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Great job. Putting it to use.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:40 pm

Impressive. Great work.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

I've added links to the AA changes "just the facts" and WELCOME - GUIDE sticky thread wikis.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:32 am

Thanks bgriz18-it amazes me what some people can do techno-wise. I can't even organise my wine cellar using cardboard index cards!

A couple of things I noted need revision - Sri Lanka has moved from Asia to Middle East/Indian Subcontinent which is not reflected by the tool in awards from Australia. Also the tool says that a First Class award from Australia to Papua NG has decreased from 42,500 points to 0 points -don't know if this just reflects the lack of award availability between the 2 places or a glitch.

The bright spot for awards from Australia seems to be Business to Mongolia which has improved by 5000 miles- can't wait till March 22 to book

A couple of other things I noted:

1) On the map American Samoa has shifted to off the coast of Gabon -must have been that recent shift in the San Andreas fault.
2)Its showing Business awards from Argentina to Canada as costing less than those from Argentina to USA on the map view

Last edited by 3544quebec; Dec 8, 2015 at 1:45 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
This is brilliant, well done and thank you. Although I cant say that using it is making me happy. I cant see any green at all from the UK.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Great work! I love technology.

Just a comment, at least two exceptions haven't been inputted: intra-Argentina/Chile awards for 6K. I haven't checked the others, but this are minor items, and I loving being able to compare the bulk of the awards.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Nifty, but when I changed it to United Kingdom it just white screened. I use Safari with Flash disabled, FWIW.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Thanks bgriz18-it amazes me what some people can do techno-wise. I can't even organise my wine cellar using cardboard index cards!

A couple of things I noted need revision - Sri Lanka has moved from Asia to Middle East/Indian Subcontinent which is not reflected by the tool in awards from Australia. Also the tool says that a First Class award from Australia to Papua NG has decreased from 42,500 points to 0 points -don't know if this just reflects the lack of award availability between the 2 places or a glitch.

The bright spot for awards from Australia seems to be Business to Mongolia which has improved by 5000 miles- can't wait till March 22 to book

A couple of other things I noted:

1) On the map American Samoa has shifted to off the coast of Gabon -must have been that recent shift in the San Andreas fault.
2)Its showing Business awards from Argentina to Canada as costing less than those from Argentina to USA on the map view
0) Sri Lanka - Yes I need to update that region shift.
1) American Samoa is probably not recognized as a country to the software. I will take a look
2) No idea about that but will check

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Great work! I love technology.

Just a comment, at least two exceptions haven't been inputted: intra-Argentina/Chile awards for 6K. I haven't checked the others, but this are minor items, and I loving being able to compare the bulk of the awards.
That is in the data. But you are right it is not displaying in the Dashboard or Map View. Check the Data - Table Region for those within country awards. I will have to rework the data a little to show on the map.

Originally Posted by Microwave
Nifty, but when I changed it to United Kingdom it just white screened. I use Safari with Flash disabled, FWIW.
Hmm not sure about that.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Outstanding. Thanks so much for putting this together and for sharing. ^
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA SMiles
Brilliant work!

One thing I noted that could be either a glitch/error from the chart or maybe part of the new American chart.

Ive noticed that if you select Puerto Rico (as your origin) you CANNOT view miles required for "seasonal economy" nor "Business class" to Europe as destination.

If you select Puerto Rico to Europe, you are only able to see "Economy" and "First class".

Do i miss something? Or after March 22, 2016 you cannot book seasonal economy and first departing from Puerto Rico to Europe?

Last edited by pinksalsa; Dec 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Great work!

It's distinctly possible that I'm not using the tool properly but it seems to tell me that a Business UK-US redemption has gone from 50k to 70k. Is that correct?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Thank you! ^
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Great work!

It's distinctly possible that I'm not using the tool properly but it seems to tell me that a Business UK-US redemption has gone from 50k to 70k. Is that correct?
Ahh it's pulling Hawaii data. UK to Hawaii is 70k. Will have to look into that more for the map view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.