Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Badly Treated at SFO. Normal? How to Mitigate?

Badly Treated at SFO. Normal? How to Mitigate?

Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by satman40
SFO they put nets under their bridges to catch the jumpers...

Guess the General Traveling Public is driving them Crazy.

Lot of new guys on the gates...Every body is so special
Huh? I see the same group of gate agents every time I fly. They're all pretty helpful as long as you're not trying to hunt them down when a flight gets canceled to DFW (or other hub.)

The front checkin desk sucks - a pair of the folks I usually check in are hugely disgruntled even when there are only like 3-4 people waiting in the "priority" line for ticketing. I just hand over my ID... mutter where Im going... look down... and hope they just dispatch me as soon as is possible.

Good luck.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Delete.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:07 pm

inpd has the most direct answer, call the Ex Plat desk and make sure they are aware. Legacy US was basically greyhound, and it's starting to show.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Strange. I'm SFO based, and have never had anything but excellent experiences with counter agents, gate agents, and of course the AC. Never once had to show my EXP card, etc. OP's experience is definitely not normal, and unless there are circumstances not being discussed, a complaint is definitely in order.
Which terminal and/or area?

Also since you use SFO a lot. Is there a general supervisor we can contact at the time to fix these circumstances? I'd rather fix the situation rather than complain about it after the fact
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by DWFI
These are likely former US agents. I have only ever dealt with reasonably helpful AA agents at SFO prior to the integration date.
Does make you wonder - in 14 years of flying AA I've never had a problem at the front counter at SFO, including three international trips since August. I'm back this weekend for another international trip and will report any issues. Maybe I'm only getting pre-merger AA agents.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I remember way back in 2010 getting surliness and rudeness from pmAA staff at SFO. Seems to be a SFO thing.

pmUS SFO on the other hand, was pretty damn good.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I remember way back in 2010 getting surliness and rudeness from pmAA staff at SFO.
And how many times have you checked in with AA at SFO this year and encountered problems with counter agents?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by tom911
And how many times have you checked in with AA at SFO this year and encountered problems with counter agents?
None so far. I try to avoid SFO if I can. Just saying that there's always been complaints about SFO and pmAA/current AA.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:45 pm

Not just an SFO problem, a general SF problem =p
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 50K, BA Blue, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, DVC, NEXUS
I anticipate lots of issues with former US Airways staff. Certainly here in Toronto over the past 4 years, they were completely useless and I can guarantee they will be a detriment to "The New AA".
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by inpd
Hmm. Has anyone tried tweeting or calling the Ex Plat desk if the check in agents are being idiots? For example, in this situation the regular line was not too long (15 minute wait) but it could have been a lot worse.
Originally Posted by rknicker
inpd has the most direct answer, call the Ex Plat desk and make sure they are aware. Legacy US was basically greyhound, and it's starting to show.
I am unclear as to what calling the EXP Desk would accomplish. They are reservations agents; not the Internal Affairs department.

(Incidentally, I've never had any kind of problem at SFO.)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:30 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
How do you tell if someone is pre-merger US or not?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:38 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Every anecdote should not be an opportunity for pmUS cheerleaders to bash pmAA employees and vice versa. #tiring #boring....
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by swy
How do you tell if someone is pre-merger US or not?
Currently, I think the PMUS staff are still wearing US uniforms. At least, I've seen US uniforms and remember seeing something about the post-merger unis not being approved yet.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vasantn
I am unclear as to what calling the EXP Desk would accomplish. They are reservations agents; not the Internal Affairs department.

(Incidentally, I've never had any kind of problem at SFO.)
The suggestion to call the EXP was in reference to confirming that his EXP status was showing up properly in his reservations, as the lack of assumed benefits suggested it might be a problem with his status showing up correctly. It wasn't suggested that the EXP desk should handle his complaint about the personnel issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.