Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

USA to anywhere [J award for five] on AA metal only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

If you had unlimited AA miles and lived in the USA where would you go from the USA on AA metal only for a party of five vacation and would like to fly F or 77w biz flatbeds?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Does the 77w destination have to be your final stop, or is a connection from there OK?

AA only flies the 77w to a few cities... LHR, SYD (coming soon), and some in South America. I think somewhere in Asia too but I haven't kept up with that.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Does the 77w destination have to be your final stop, or is a connection from there OK?

AA only flies the 77w to a few cities... LHR, SYD (coming soon), and some in South America. I think somewhere in Asia too but I haven't kept up with that.
Right now it's London, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo. Sydney starting in December.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
If you had unlimited AA miles and lived in the USA where would you go from the USA on AA metal only for a party of five vacation and would like to fly F or 77w biz flatbeds?
HKG and then connect elsewhere in SE Asia. But hopefully "unlimited" means over 1 million: saver awards J or F are extremely rare, so you're looking at minimum 280k in J or 360k in F per person roundtrip.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just don't look for MileSAAver awards for five on the same flight with any airline. AAnytime awards on AA are always available, but with demand-based pricing that could exhaust a stash of miles quickly.

Also note the 787 and the refurbished 763, and refurbished 772 (currently only 7 of 47) also have all aisle access horizontal beds.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat.; DL Plat; Hilton Gold
Sydney. No question.

I wouldn't want to take a flight that long in coach, for one thing. And the destination is incredible. I'd go back to Australia in a heartbeat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.