Wiki Posts
Search

LAX TO ROR or LAX to MLE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
LAX TO ROR or LAX to MLE

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and hoping to get help as AA customer service is useless. I am looking to take my dream trip before my miles get devalued any further. I am trying to get to Palau or Male, Maldives first or business class. I have 590K miles saved up over the last decade.

I know JAL is oneworld and they do travel to Palau, yet AA customer service saying they have no trips to ROR.

Has anyone successfully used their AA miles to travel to either of these locations.

Thanks in advance !
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
JAL only flies to Palau on a charter basis. No awards will be available. Oneworld does not fly to ROR on a scheduled basis.

Male is easier, you have Qatar from DOH, Etihad from AUH, BA from Gatwick, Cathay Pacific from HKG, SriLankan from CMB, and possibly others I am forgetting.
Folks redeem to MLE frequently, I did for 2 people this summer on Etihad.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
I believe JAL flight to ROR is a charter.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

For Palau / Belau, you can get as far as GUM on AA miles, and from there purchase a UA (ex-"Continental Mike") flight.

We will soon merge this into the MileSAAver Help Desk thread. /Moderator
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Palau is the most beautiful place on earth, IMHO, so I wholeheartedly support your ambition! Delta used to have a connection NRT-ROR, but it seems to have disappeared. But both Korean and Asiana have flights from Seoul, in case it's easier for you to piece together an award flight there.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
DL still flies NRT-ROR. It is 3 or 4x weekly in January, for example. LAX-NRT-ROR on DL metal is a valid same-day connection.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DWFI
JAL only flies to Palau on a charter basis. No awards will be available. Oneworld does not fly to ROR on a scheduled basis.

Male is easier, you have Qatar from DOH, Etihad from AUH, BA from Gatwick, Cathay Pacific from HKG, SriLankan from CMB, and possibly others I am forgetting.
Folks redeem to MLE frequently, I did for 2 people this summer on Etihad.
Thanks, I was thinking the same. If you were to pick the airlines you mentioned for MLE, which do you think has the best first / business class ?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Palau is the most beautiful place on earth, IMHO, so I wholeheartedly support your ambition! Delta used to have a connection NRT-ROR, but it seems to have disappeared. But both Korean and Asiana have flights from Seoul, in case it's easier for you to piece together an award flight there.
Seems like the only way to get there is to use oneworld to Guam and then buy a ticket ...... still an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.