Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key: "just got my CK invitation", "lost CK" and related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Concierge Key: "just got my CK invitation", "lost CK" and related

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Awesome, lcflyer.

I want a box of chocolates, dammit.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Finally got my letter with bag tags and 2017 card, but nothing special
Old May 7, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: American Airlines Exec Plat, Marriott plat premier
Anyone reinstated in Concierge Key after being eliminated?

I was Concierge Key for the first 5 years they had CK. Then when I left my company, I was unceremoniously deleted from the ranks. As one CK professional said, it was based on my large company's contracting with AA (not my many years of exec plat status) and they were allocated a certain # of flyers to be a part of CK. When I left the company, it ended. I confirmed this with an old friend head of that dept at my job. Rules may have changed since then? Anyone know? Should I write a letter to try to be reinstated? Only came in handy a few times, but when it did, it was great.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:48 am
Suspended

Here's a thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...k-related.html
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
I made CK!

I had ZERO idea of why the GA at LAX suddenly called my DH and I to the front of the line. Someone with a grey checked coat identified herself as a "Concierge Key Representative", handed me a new CK card, and then informed me I was to board in front of anyone else at that station. i was beyond flabbergasted. My total spend was over $50K and over 200K miles (mostly international in F or J cabins). The rep REFUSED to tell me what the CK qualifying credentials were, but apparently I met them. Just received my new Amex Centurion black card. Holy Crap. Even the company is paying for this.

Okay. Now PUHLEEZE explain all of this? I don't quite get all of the nuances of what just happened! We were taken down the stairs to the Porsche Cayenne and whisked off to our connecting flight and boarded with no one else on the plane!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pharmalady
I had ZERO idea of why the GA at LAX suddenly called my DH and I to the front of the line. Someone with a grey checked coat identified herself as a "Concierge Key Representative", handed me a new CK card, and then informed me I was to board in front of anyone else at that station. i was beyond flabbergasted. My total spend was over $50K and over 200K miles (mostly international in F or J cabins). The rep REFUSED to tell me what the CK qualifying credentials were, but apparently I met them. Just received my new Amex Centurion black card. Holy Crap. Even the company is paying for this.

Okay. Now PUHLEEZE explain all of this? I don't quite get all of the nuances of what just happened! We were taken down the stairs to the Porsche Cayenne and whisked off to our connecting flight and boarded with no one else on the plane!
Heres the threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ight=concierge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ight=concierge

and

Are ya sure?
...We were taken down the stairs to the Porsche Cayenne
That sounds more like a Delta thing to me.

Also, sounds like you were CK previously, just very recently, no?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27339388-post85.html

I was Diamond last year on DL and ExPlat/ConciergeKey on AA. Delta may be more polite in its customer service, but the CK status on AA proactively protects me from disruptions.

...CK service provided me a way out, quickly and efficiently and made sure all of my connections were secure....

Last edited by JonNYC; Dec 19, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I made CK!
Congratulations !^^^

Sounds like American pulled off a great surprise at the gate.

Just received my new Amex Centurion black card. Holy Crap. Even the company is paying for this.
Here you lost me - not sure what this has to do with CK unless you are just raking in the cards (which is not a bad thing).

Here you lost me again? Did AA borrow the Porsche from Delta? AA uses Cadillacs based on my experience (and what they have publicly stated).
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Er, let's see. Are you married to George Clooney? Because frankly, I'm finding no rational explanation for any of it. Merry Christmas...
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:25 am
Suspended

Highly confusing.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Highly confusing.
Maybe she's sampling the product.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK/1 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hotels.com Gold, National Car EMC
Has AA started sending out CK invites/Challenges yet for next year? I've flown and spent about the same as last year but no email from them yet and can't help to wonder if I'm re-qualified or not.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PacRim
Has AA started sending out CK invites/Challenges yet for next year? I've flown and spent about the same as last year but no email from them yet and can't help to wonder if I'm re-qualified or not.
Apparently, they have begun doing so. We have heard from a few here and elsewhere that some were offered a "challenge" type offer to renew as they didn't otherwise meet renewal criteria.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK/1 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hotels.com Gold, National Car EMC
Originally Posted by JDiver
Apparently, they have begun doing so. We have heard from a few here and elsewhere that some were offered a "challenge" type offer to renew as they didn't otherwise meet renewal criteria.
Thanks JDiver. Do you know if they notify you for not re-qualifying? I've qualified every year since the first invite so I'm not sure what happens if you don't...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PacRim
Thanks JDiver. Do you know if they notify you for not re-qualifying? I've qualified every year since the first invite so I'm not sure what happens if you don't...
I'd say under the circumstances you describe, you shouldn't be reluctant to call and ask-- most especially in light of the fact that some have been offered a challenge-type re-up.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I have to wonder what a challenge for CK could possibly look like given that AA does not reveal actual criteria...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.