Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What does "Equiv Fare" for award ticket mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough

Just did an award booking. If I click on "print trip and receipt" from AA, I get the following:

What does 'Equiv Fare' mean? The value is nowhere near the taxes/fees paid for the award. The reservation has been ticketed, and points pulled.

I'm thinking it's the amount AA is paying the partner carrier for the award? If so, that'd be very strange... just very curious!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
my guess it's the cash price of what that ticket would cost if you didn't use miles. i'm not sure why you felt the need to black out how much you paid though lol.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
my guess it's the cash price of what that ticket would cost if you didn't use miles. i'm not sure why you felt the need to black out how much you paid though lol.
It was NA - Asia in J/F... would be very surprised if that was the BF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.