Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Changes for 2016 - DISCUSSION, REACTION & POLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: My plans for dealing with the 2016 AAdvantage changes:
I'm actually benefitting from this - good deal for me.
6.80%
I'm neutral - I gain some, lose some. I'll stay.
19.53%
I'm not happy, but stuck with AA / oneworld at this point.
26.04%
I'm unhappy & will use AA & other airlines opportunistically.
40.53%
I'm outta here! Bye, American.
7.10%
Voters: 676. You may not vote on this poll

AAdvantage Changes for 2016 - DISCUSSION, REACTION & POLL

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by techoin
The only two benefits I value of AA EXP are SWUs and waived fees for award fee changes and redeposit...Rest I can leave without

with SWU benefit cut in half, RDMs for economy fares will be drastically lower and hugh devaluation of biz class awards, next year it hardly makes sense to continue with AA for us. Mostly it will be better to wait for some occasional deal on premium fares and just go with those.
That's very much my approach and I suspect that of many others. I've been EXP/Plat continuously for the past 15 years but that will end when my current status expires. AAdvantage has been good for me over that period but it now makes much less sense to continue, which is a shame.

Originally Posted by lycidas
But... we don't know anything. We don't know if the cut-off will be flight date or book date, whether it's happening July 2nd or September 1st, and THAT is the problem. Like ENycSea, this is a game I don't want to be a part of anymore - not if AA can pull the rug out from under us at their choosing.
Precisely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.