Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is American's Award Reservation System Down? [14 Nov onwards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

For the last five days I've been trying to use American's award reservation system to search for tickets. I keep seeing an error message that says "System Error" and a message to try again in a few minutes. I called American internet support and they said they have not received any reports of problems. However, when I spoke to reservations, the agent indicated that he saw the same error I was seeing. Has anyone else had issues searching for American awards online recently? I would appreciate any insight. I've tried multiple computers and even my phone is giving me the same error message. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Is American's Award Reservation System Down?

Just tried a LAX to SFO. No issues using a iPad AA's App
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:41 pm

I've been getting the same message off and on for the past few days as well. I've been using BA's site in the interim to search availability.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:31 pm

I've been having the same problem. They need to get it fixed!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:29 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Same problem for me!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
If this were the DL forum, I'd be afraid there's an imminent "enhancement"...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Definitely have seen numerous reports of for many/most members, many/most awards not being bookable on AA.com
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:36 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Yes, can see the award award availability but clicking through to select the flights brings up this message. It's been happening to me often over the last few years.

Sometimes refreshing the page works, but not this week. Booking SAN-DCA would not work. I cleared cookies, rebooted, shut down everything I could think of then tried booking multi-city SAN-IAD-DCA-SAN and suddenly was able to book. 24 hours later.

I tired to book with the iPhone app, but couldn't see how to do that. Does the app not support award ticketing? And if not, why not?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yes definite problems all day getting system errors while trying to book positioning flight. Had to call EP desk to book lucky I had written down flight # when I saw the routing Friday.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:43 pm

I tweeted them about it...seemed to be news to them, but hopefully they know it now.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ccrockett
Has anyone else had issues searching for American awards online recently?
What city pairs are you trying to search? Class of service? Number of passengers?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I have had no issues using Safari on my iPad; however, I have been getting the same error message using Chrome, as well as any other browser on my computer.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I have had no issues using Safari on my iPad; however, I have been getting the same error message using Chrome, as well as any other browser on my computer.
I tried using Chrome, FF, and IE on my desktop using a wired internet connection. I tried using the Android native browser on my LG G Pad using wifi. I tried using the HTC browser on my cell phone using my cellular internet connection.

Same thing every time.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses everyone. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I'm checking availability from SLC to LHR on April 1, 2016, for two passengers. I've already booked an economy award, but I have a ten hour layover in LAX and want to monitor availability in case seats open up with a better routing option. I've been looking at British Airways, Alaska, and Qantas' websites and will continue that until American gets the bug fixed.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:00 pm

Do the agents have the same problem, or if we call in, are the agents able to book award flights at this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.