Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Fleet: LUS A319 CIP; F 8, 18 MCE - completed (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Fleet: Legacy US Airways Airbus A319 - CIP / Cabin Improvement Program

Note: For Legacy AA A319, see AA Fleet: LAA Airbus A319 - a Mixed Bag (consolidated)

All LUS A319 have been converted to eight First Class seats from 12 and have three rows of Main Cabin Extra added; conversion began Nov 2016.

Link to the FlyerTalk Airbus A319 seating guide for the latest seat maps

Courtesy of Gary Leff via FWAAA:

Here's what AA told employees (courtesy of Gary Leff):

AA didn't talk about replacing the bins - only the bin doors.

Unconverted LUS A319 HAD F12, MCE0, Y112, no by-seat power or AVOD.Rows 1 - 3 First Class

Rows 4 - 22 Coach CIP LUS A319 and LAA A319 8F, MCE18, Y102, by-seat power, no AVOD.Rows 1 - 2 First Class (no rows 3 - 7; aircraft substitutions can cause seating havoc!)

Rows 8 - 10 Main Cabin Extra

Rows 11 - 27 Main Cabin
LUS included three models of Airbus A319s, differentiated primarily by engines:
  • Newer A319-115(WL): CFMI CFM56-5B7/3 engines and Sharklets wingtip devices (the "WL" designation).
  • A319-112: CFMI CFM56-5B6/P
  • A319-132: IAE V2524-A5

Originally Posted by DWFI
To dissect this a bit, the airbus codes are as follows

-1XX - first number indicates secondary model designation

-X1X - second number indicates engine option. So AA has 2 different engine options (-1- and -3-)

-XX5 - third number indicates ... the revision number...
AA A319 Cabin walk through: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu_rJEstdhs
Print Wikipost

AA Fleet: LUS A319 CIP; F 8, 18 MCE - completed (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Is there a way to tell at this point if your flight is going to be operated by an LAA or LUS 319?
You can check the flight number. 400-899 and 1651-2174 are LUS.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
LUS A319 Retrofit Seats

Hi - finally flew a LUS A319 retrofitting with the new seats (and switched from 12F to 8F).

I'm totally puzzled by what you're supposed to do with the slots in the back of the new F seats. Seems I could store some pencils in the slot? Maybe my phone? It won't hold a tablet for me so I can watch properly.

Its like where the IFE should be, if this plane actually had IFE.

Someone please tell me what the intended purposes of these new slots are for?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Hi - finally flew a LUS A319 retrofitting with the new seats (and switched from 12F to 8F).

I'm totally puzzled by what you're supposed to do with the slots in the back of the new F seats. Seems I could store some pencils in the slot? Maybe my phone? It won't hold a tablet for me so I can watch properly.

Its like where the IFE should be, if this plane actually had IFE.

Someone please tell me what the intended purposes of these new slots are for?
My iPad fit perfectly in the slot, but I was using the cover my case as an anchor.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Every A319 is completed except;
N769US
N804AW
N711UW
N709UW
Old May 22, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
And 100% have now been repainted as well.

If only they could get started with the 321s.... except actually put the IFE systems in them. I think that's one reconfig we can all look forward to, as the F cabin won't be shrinking.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flew this yesterday on RDU - LAX in Row 11 (en route to SFO). Was pleasantly surprised - the flight wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The seats were a lot more comfortable than the slimline Recaro UA seats we flew on RDU - SFO last time (though we were in E+ so can't fairly compare the legroom).

The IFE pricing is annoying - $5.99 for a movie when they charge $5.99 for all movies on the LAA a319 with built in IFE (we were on that plane for LAX - SFO).

At least on our plane the bins were old style bins (which was problematic since I am still on crutches from knee surgery and couldn't fit the crutch in the bin - thankfully the FA found space for it in the front closet).
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Only 2 A319s left.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA
Airbus A319 review (and odd boarding policy)

Took my first flight on one of the re-done Airbus A319s this weekend. The interior is pretty nice including new leather seats, additional magazine holders at eye-level, and 2 power outlets (!) per 3 economy seats. Only 4 first class seats, which seems oddly small, and 3 rows (=18 seats) of MCE.

A weird boarding observation (not related to the A319, just in general): A older couple approached the gate desk at around the time of AA GLD/OW Ruby boarding and asked when they were going to call for handicapped boarding/boarding for those needing extra time. The gate agent told them it is AA policy to no longer board handicapped first, and that anyone needing extra assistance should simply board with their stated group number and would get whatever assistance they needed at that time. I had not seen this before, and it seemed like an odd policy change. What does AA gain by this change? Seems like an awkward policy to even put in words/writing: "We no longer board the handicapped first"?

Just some late Sunday night musings...

Best,
Resident
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:01 pm

sounds like they are treating everyone equally now?
maybe people don't like being referred to as "the handicapped" ?
seems like it will make a big bottleneck worse. you have wheelchair pushers who have to walk down and then back off the jet bridge while it's full of Group whatever. don't know what to tell you.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Are you sure about the F cabin? All of the 319 details I have ever seen have the cabin as 2 rows of 4 seats (total of 8). PmUS are scheduled to go from 12 to 8 seats. Not 4...
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
Are you sure about the F cabin? All of the 319 details I have ever seen have the cabin as 2 rows of 4 seats (total of 8). PmUS are scheduled to go from 12 to 8 seats. Not 4...
It's 8. I was on a reconfigured LUS A319 yesterday in 1F. Much nicer seats than the lumpy old ones, but loss of four seats means limited upgrade chances. It was only ATL-CLT so it was comped and I was happy to get it. Same F config as UA on the 319 which has only ever had 8 F seats.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AA
Yes, 8. My bad.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Regarding the boarding process, unless this is a change done this week, the Gate Agent was just making up rules.

My flights the last couple of weeks have been boarding wheelchairs first. Maybe the GA ran out of time to get boarding started?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
The A319 CIP has been completed according to the reliable unofficial fleet site.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Longboater
The A319 CIP has been completed according to the reliable unofficial fleet site.
That was pretty quick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.